Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally a success AND and "AH HA" moment

I have been having a lot of frustration because I haven't seen movement on the scale in the past few weeks. I have been going yoga consistently 3-4 times a week. I posted a couple of weeks ago and people suggested that I track all of my calories. I have been doing this for the last two weeks and I have FINALLY lost 3 pounds. The good news that I have now lost 17 1/2 inches.

My "AH HA" moment.... I have finally realized that in order to reach my goal by the end of the year, I only need to lose 1.5 pounds a week. I have been expecting too much from the surgery. I knew when I got it that I would be a TOOL to lose weight and not a miracle cure. I have always been the type to want results "overnight" but I'm slowly realizing that it takes a lot of work and the scale will eventually catch up.

Dont worry the scale will move, but if it doesnt just remember you are gaining muscle as well. Good luck to you.

So glad you had your aha! moment. This can be a long process and who wants to be upset the whole time? I just got over a two week plateau. I was irritated, but I knew if I just kept at it, I would get past it. Best wishes for your continued success!

Way to go on all the yoga -- your body is changing a lot and the weight will drop -- meanwhile you'll be so healthy and toned! 1.5 per week is just what I have as a goal. The closer we are, of course, the slower the loss. But I think it's better this way. One of the things I wanted from the band was a healthy loss, not drastic with all the loose skin, falling out hair, etc. There is so much mental adjustment learning my new lifestyle, not hyper focusing on food all the time and enjoying exercise, not beating myself up, etc. It's probably good that it takes a little time.

it is a very long slow process.... that was the hardest thing for me to learn. Baby steps

I'm glad you realized that concept. Continued success

That slow and steady stuff can be frustrating! I too am learning that it's all part of this process.

I am happy for you & that's a lot of inches lost! I also get discouraged and I have to remind myself that all the time! You are going to do great!

Thank you for that..I have had an awful week.Start out in the morning ok then as the day goes by I regress to " bad" choices..I guess I am expecting way too much way too fast...

I will rethink my plan on today's walk and start fresh in the morning....

Cheers!