Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight did you loose, before you could really notice a change in your apperance?

I lost 34 lbs so far, and I'm down from a size 28 to a 22. But i can't see a difference yet. How many lbs was it before YOU could see it?

Wow, you drop sizes quick!! I started a size 28, have lost 26 lbs and am still a size 28. The bigger you are, the more loss it usually takes for people to notice.

I have lost 46 pounds and have went from a 24 to a 20. I wore the size 24 until this past weekend when I bought new clothes. I was surprised that I had went down to a size 20. I could tell a little difference, but not much until I bought the new clothes. This week everyone has been commenting about how different I look in clothes that actually fit. The weird thing is that I gained 70 pounds since my 8 year old daughter was born and wore a size 24 that entire time. I have only lost 46 pounds so far, but have went down to a size 20. I don't know why the difference, but I will take it. I think that I look smaller now than I did before she was born, even though I weigh 25 pounds more.

Congrats on dropping down the sizes!

It was about the 50 pound mark before people began noticing. I definitely saw changes in my clothes before that point but hard to see myself when looking in the mirror. I am at a year out from surgery tomorrow and have gone from and 18-20 to an 8. I definitely see the difference now but it too longer than expected.

It is so strange, but I still have a hard time seeing a difference in the mirror. In pictures I can. I regret not taking progression photos so I can really see. At about 40 pounds lost I started noticing. Good luck!!

I lost 34 lbs so far, and I'm down from a size 28 to a 22. But i can't see a difference yet. How many lbs was it before YOU could see it?

Well, starting at around 250 lbs, I could start to see the difference around 25-30 lbs, but not really before then. I looked significantly different at about 190 lbs.

Of course, what I lost over the last two years I've gained all back, thus the WLS.

I have lost 46 pounds and have went from a 24 to a 20. I wore the size 24 until this past weekend when I bought new clothes. I was surprised that I had went down to a size 20. I could tell a little difference, but not much until I bought the new clothes. This week everyone has been commenting about how different I look in clothes that actually fit. The weird thing is that I gained 70 pounds since my 8 year old daughter was born and wore a size 24 that entire time. I have only lost 46 pounds so far, but have went down to a size 20. I don't know why the difference, but I will take it. I think that I look smaller now than I did before she was born, even though I weigh 25 pounds more.

Congrats on dropping down the sizes!

So let me get this straight.......first you were a 24 and went to a 20, but then gained 70 and lost 46 to a size 24 again, but you've been a size 24 the whole time except when you went down to a 20. And there is no difference between a 20 and 24..........wait, what was the question again....???? :blink:

I am sure it was at least 50lbs or more.

It was also around 50 pounds for me also. Everyone noticed around 30 pounds. I honestly didn't feel a lot better until that 50 pound mark either. I noticed a lot of actual physical changes- feeling better less aches & pains! I also had stomach problems before surgery and those problems are gone!

I am really hoping for an easing of joint pain from reduction in weight load -- has not happened yet but maybe at 50 down. There's some incentive for me!

Size wise I haven't shifted much even after losing 80lbs. 3x. Was close fitting at my heaviest(270) but pant wise I only wore stretchy ones till I fit back into the 22s I had( at about 220). Now at 189. I still wear them. They are loose but still wearable. Kinda bums me out lol. My stomach is wear I am holding onto the weight. Sigh.

I am down since surgery 50 but I lost 35 before surgery so a total of 85 and I can see a major difference. I went from a size 26/28 to a size 22/24 and my boobs went from a size 50DDD to a 48C. I see a MAJOR difference!

After I lost about 15 pounds, my family noticed because I lost it all in my face, neck, upper arms, and shoulders. Once I hit 25 pounds, I noticed it in my waist. (Which used to stick out further than my hips, now they are pretty much a straight line.) When I have lost weight in the past, I never noticed my shape changing, but this time around I had so much more to lose, so even 26 pounds shows quite a difference.

This really depends on starting weight. Obviously losing 50 pounds when you start at 400 pounds will not be as noticeable as losing 50 pounds when you start at 200.

It was around 50 lbs for me, too, even though I was dropping sizes before then.