Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

I don't have anything of note to report. That's good news because it means I'm finding some balance.

To be honest I spent a lot of the last few weeks in misery. Between head hunger, frustration. food habits and not being able to eat much of anything, I truly felt overwhelmed and a little defeated.

It's been clicking in my head, though. Eat slowly. Small bites. Tiny, tiny portions. The lessons are being learned and I am doing ok!

At work I drink my flavored water and eat mostly luquidy type stuff like yogurt and Soup. It saves me any embarrassment from not tolerating a food or eating too fast and getting sick.

At home I try to have some variation of what I've cooked for my family. I have a few staples on hand that I enjoy in case that isn't a possibility.

I don't do the Protein Shakes. I just hate them.

I'm down almost 18 pounds. I'm not going to complain. I thought it would be more but I think it's still more progress than I would've made without this surgery.

Some of my favorites are avocado (nnegrates fault), laughing cow cheese, a small egg cooked with a bit of cream cheese to add fluffiness, and Cambell's chicken noodle soup. I've been enjoying yogurt as well. I just take a different one every day.

Today I tried a string cheese on my way home from work. I think it will be ok but I need to eat it sloooowwly.

How are you guys?

The head hunger does go away, I was constantly hungry at first but now find I am having to force myself to eat. be careful with the avocados they are full of fat, mu nut advised against eating them at all at this point. I'm good with that as I hate them! (too many years making guacamole for Chili's!)

I also forgot to add that myfitnesspal.com is an awesome tool that takes the guesswork out of tracking. I suggest setting up your account on a computer before downloading the app on your phone though as the settings i got said I needed almost 2500 calories a day!

Hi everyone.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good post-op and that we all share the same issue with frustration of the scale, head hunger, etc. I think those things will continue to battle us throughout this journey and we need to learn how to deal with them successfully.

I was in a deep funk for about a week (this past week). Finally coming out of it I think. I was just having a hard time with the scale not moving, but more about not being able to enjoy social events. I went to a friends house for a girls night out and sat there with all the other women eating and drinking and there was me with nothing but a glass of Water. It was embarrassing. I've since been invited out again another 2 times, but decline as I can't eat or drink (alcohol) and don't want to stand out. I don't want to have to decline! But I know in time I won't have to. I just have to keep telling myself that. The scale has started to move again so that is encouraging. I really need to start doing regular exercise! I can't believe Monday will be 4 weeks since surgery!

Have a good weekend everyone.

HW 343

Pre Op 326

SW 307 (2/10/14)

CW 283

Monday will be 3 weeks since my surgery. I'm doing well losing. Some days it will be 1 lb. Others none. Some 2-3 lbs. I just think the weight loss will be really sporadic. I deal with head huger like crazy! Then I eat a few bites of something and realize that's all that can fit in there lol..

One of the biggest things that I deal with is guilt from eating. I feel like I'm not supposed to be eating solid foods only 2-3 weeks removed from surgery. But I am... I'm still staying as low carb as possible. I just hope the weight keeps coming off. Reading about the stalls scare me.

God Bless Yall!

Sundance kid, you are doing great! Curious why the guilt around solids? Did your doc say it was ok?

Hi,

Sundance kid, sounds great, well done. Kim, Erin and I are obviously feeling the same about social life stuff. I am doing the opposite Kim and arranging everything possible, in the hope that life will feel more normal. I am 3 weeks on Tues and things are improving a bit now, I am now able to have more solids which I could not tolerate before. I think that we are all on the up, but anyone who thinks this is the easy option clearly has no idea at all!

Take care all of you

Claire

Hello you all, I am going through ups and downs. I am scared to eat cause it hurt to eat sometimes and I'm always thinking about food that I should have ate. My diet is so strict that all I can eat is Protein and that is all. my starting weight was 287 and now I'm 250 and that still don't curve my tears. All I do I cry cause I want to eat and I can't. I will be post 3 weeks on Monday 3rd

I need to vent!

I have head hunger still, and it's bad at times and what I really find myself missing is pizza.

My husband wants to order pizza and doesn't see anything wrong with this. I have not said a thing about all the other fast food/junk he has had for the last 3 weeks but this is too much.

I want to cry.

Hi Guys,

I totally understand where you are coming from regarding the head hunger. I am only one week out and I am starting to think about food ALOT!. I'm too scared to stray from my diet at this point, afraid it will hurt and all that. I find myself watching food network way more than I ever used to.

I am determined to be strong though.

My surgery was yesterday. I feel good so far but I've gained 7 lbs since yesterday. My fingers are all swollen and my blood pressure has been up. I think it's just due to all the fluids

I had a non scale victory today!

When I started my journey back in April 2013 I was buying 4x shirts and before surgery I was buying some 4x but mostly 3x and I went shopping today cause I haven't in so long. I automatically picked up a 3x shirt and put it in the cart. My mom pointed out that I should get a 2x so it would fit me longer than a 3x. Well I got a 2x and came home and it fits, like really good. So happy! I haven't bought 2xs in sooo long!

My surgery was yesterday. I feel good so far but I've gained 7 lbs since yesterday. My fingers are all swollen and my blood pressure has been up. I think it's just due to all the fluids

Welcome to the losers bench! The first couple days are the hardest and don't worry about gaining weight while in the hospital. I gained like 15 lbs of Water and Fluid weight and it came off like nothing.

Good luck in tour journey. I gets a little easier as the time goes on. :)

Hi,

Oh Kristin, Patti and Nikki life must feel so hard for you at the moment. Nikki I can't believe you are just on Protein 3 weeks down the line, that must feel miserable. It is such a difficult time but it will get better, it happens in tiny ways i found and it is still gradually improving. These are hard weeks though. I feel encouraged by seeing that others are having difficulties too. that makes me feel that I am not alone and that my feelings are normal. Kristin, your husband surely needs to avoid the things that you are craving for, at the minimum!

I am 3 weeks on Tuesday and I should have been having more pureed foods almost since day 1. I could not tolerate that until a few days ago but now i am trying much more. The egg/cheese combo suggested on here has been my biggest success, but BBQ chicken seemed ok if I made it fairly runny with odd spoonfuls of mashed potatoes. Otherwise Soups, shakes, yogurt and Protein drinks are my staple things. Apparently I can have a cracker or two in 2 weeks, I don't know why that feels great but it does. Hummous and guacamole etc would be fine then with something to eat it with.

Congratulations zom! That sounds great, 2X, that is fantastic! Welcome Sarah and you will lose those fluids soon.

Take care all of you, and keep posting. I think if you just retreat into yourself and don't say how you feel it feels much worse. Everyone on here knows how you feel in a way that it is difficult for others to. Try to see the small victories, baby steps I know but once you start to see them they do build up.

Thinking of you and try to stay as positive as possible, but it is far from easy.

Claire x

From the time I had my first serious meeting with my PCP it took me the better part of 13 months to get my surgery. How long did it take you guys?

Just curious...