Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Hi,

Lynn, I am not having to start my Vitamins again yet. The pain meds were making me feel this way, so I am so glad that I was able to stop them so quickly.

I think sharing recipes is a great idea. So far I have had lentil Soup and a prawn chowder type thing. I can't manage anything else as yet, but I do have plans!

Wind not too bad either end but it seems to need come out quite quickly when it needs to!

Hope all is ok with all of you

Claire

I put on a pair of my pants (24) and they were huge and I could not wear them! So instead I found a pair of jeans (20) put them on and they fit!!! WooHoo!

I'm really beginning to think I'm not getting enough fluids.

I seem to be getting around 300-400 calories a day. Do you know if we absorb all those calories now that part of our intestines is bypassed?

My scale hasn't moved since Friday.

As far as healing/energy...I still get tired a little quicker than normal but I definitely feel much better. I get an occasional burning sensation on my left side if I stretch or turn a certain way.

My incision look great!

I've been trying puréed foods. I can't seem to tolerate too much sweet. Regular whole milk is an issue also.

I had some avocado for nnegrete and it was yummy. I've been eating mashed potatoes with a a little sour cream and cheese on them. About 2 to 3 table spoons of food total. Fills me right up and tastes "normal".

I had some cheesy tortilla Soup yesterday and I was amazing. Half a cup was only 75 calories and it was high in Protein. Well, higher than broth lol.

Hello all,

I had Gastric Bypass on 2/5/14 and am doing pretty good. Just wanted to check in and try to get to know some of you. I am on liquids as well (stage 1 diet). I'm not sure what the difference between liquids and full liquids is though. I was given everything in the hospital. I was also told to use the measuring cups they gave me in the hospital for all food and drinks. This is a 1oz cup and I can have liquid in it every 5 minutes. I am down 20lbs already and know that salt is probably the reason I have lost more yet.

Anyways just wanted to check in and say hi. Thanks!!

I'm a Feburary straggler so I'm very excited about seeing this thread. I had surgery on the 7th and am down 16lbs already! I go back to work Friday and am excited about that.

I am still on full liquids for the rest of this week and that does include yogurt, as long as its not the fruit on the bottom kind. I was worried too because I can eat a whole cup, but my nutritionist says its normal. When you get to the pureed or soft food stage thats when you see how fast very little food fills you up.

I'm glad to read how everyone is doing. It's been a few days since I have been on. I hope everyone is continuing to heal real well and is doing well with all the other aspects.

As for me, I'm doing unbelievable. I am in no pain anymore, stopped taking my meds. I am drinking about 30-40 oz of Fluid a day, am doing good on my Vitamins, and I'm just now figuring out a good way for me to get my Protein in.

I start my pureed foods this Friday which I'm so excited to eat an egg and mash potatoes! Wooh!

Also, I'm losing about 3 lbs a day! I lost all my hospital weight plus ane additional 11-12 lbs in 6 days. Crazy!

Erin are you logging your food/intake? How much Protein are you getting?

Welcome FAB and Rickie! When do you both move to the pureed stage?

Zom, so glad you are doing so great! The weight is falling off you!

Kim,

I'm using myfitnesspal. I'm not getting enough Protein. I am sure of it. I have a follow up tomorrow and I'm going to discuss it with my Dr.

Zom!! Congrats! You and Claire and Kim are rocking that weight loss!

It's so nice to see how great you're doing.

Where is nnegrete?

<p>Erin are you logging your food/intake? How much Protein are you getting?</p> <p> </p> <p>Welcome FAB and Rickie! When do you both move to the pureed stage?</p> <p> </p> <p>Zom, so glad you are doing so great! The weight is falling off you! </p>

Kim,

Thanks for saying hi! I feel so lost in this forum. I have 1 wk to go until I can move to puréed food but at my follow up today I was told I can have mashed potatoes now, cream of wheat made normal and Peanut Butter... I was so excited about peanut butter!! Ha my doctor laughed at me. I'm down 20lbs (but the doctors scale said I was 3lbs heavier then the one at home but they said it was fine and to go by the one at home). How far out are you Kim? Any advise?

I start soft/pureed foods on Friday officially. Today I tried cottage cheese and immediately got sick. I have been eating cream of wheat almost since day one, I thought it was allowed on the liquids for some reason, it seemed to go down well and didn't cause any problems.

I have seen a few people who said they had pain around a lower incision on the left side. I have the same pain, but mine is on the right and not really near an incision. It seems to be improving as I no longer cry when I get out of bed:)

I'm happy to have found a great bunch of "losers" to share thoughts and ideas with, I'm looking forward to swapping recipes!

Kim,<br><br> I'm using myfitnesspal. I'm not getting enough Protein. I am sure of it. I have a follow up tomorrow and I'm going to discuss it with my Dr.

Erin,

Have you tried the nectar Protein drinks? They are more like juice and easier to drink. I was told that at least 80-100g of Protein a day is needed and that is the minimum. Another thing I was told is to mix plain protein into the mashed potatoes and Soup. Have you tried that? Taking out the cheese may help too as well as the sour cream. Try seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic to taste.... Hope these suggestions help!

Hi Fab, I had RNY on the 5th as well and I'm doing great. I've only lost 17lbs since surgery date but I'm still proud of that. Had my first checkup yesterday and was told I was doing awesome. I was moved from full liquids to soft foods and foods I can chew to smithereens before swallowing so yesterday I tried about 3 bites of tilapia and it was the worst experience of my life! I sat in the parking lot at Perkins for about an hour till I finally threw it up after that the pain went away. Would much rather stay on full liquids than have that feeling again. I feel like my doctor moved me along too quickly but I was so looking forward to chewing something. Also the fish was too dry to start with. I'm backing off regular foods for a while, I know I was given the go ahead but I'm going to listen to my own body. Crazy huh???

Hi to everyone,

Welcome to FAB and Rickie. It is so good to see you here. FAB, I can't manage potatoes yet but I could if I wanted to. Erin, you sound as if you are going great on potatoes though and you are only a week ahead of me. Milky stuff still a problem but thiner Soups seem to be fine.

Kim and Zom you seem to be doing so well in your weight loss, as does tkauki, what is tilapia though, so I can avoid that! Hope it didn't last for too long, you poor thing.

Spoke to my nutritionist today and she seemed to think that going with what my body wants is the way to go, so that is fine. I am going to Slimming World tonight and after not being able to go last week because of the op the weight loss looks more than it is. I have lost about 14lbs since the op but it will look like around 21lbs lost tonight! That should cause a stir!

Has anyone heard from Ken, because his op was last Friday? I hope all went really well for him.

Take care

Claire

Hi Claire, Talapia is a type of fish. Normally I like it but I don't think I like it any more. Lol

Plus I itched all night, I think maybe an allergic reaction.