Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Hi All...sry I didn't update yesterday but I'm sure you'll understand. I did not have my surgery today :( I received a call from the hospital yesterday that I was to be there at 6:30 and 30 minutes later my dr's office called. Evidently when I did my preop blood work my A1C was really high, too high for surgery. They were supposed to let me know so I could work on lowering it before surgery, but someone in the office dropped the ball. They were very apologetic, but it doesn't make this disappointment feel any better. So for the next month I'll be watching what I eat like crazy, taking my insulin and doing everything I have to to get my A1C down so I can finally start my new life. March 20 I'll be retested and hopefully it'll be good. I hope everyone who did have their surgeries this week are doing well!!!

Sorry to hear you got postponed. :( Your new time will be here before you know it! I hope you get everything where you need need it to be to have a safe and healthy surgery. Good luck and keep in touch!

Zomgjj, so glad you are doing well. You leave tomorrow right? I had my drain until 9 days post-op. That is how my doc does it. The thing is a total PITA, and I was so glad to get mine out yesterday.

Erin, so glad you are loving the job. Totally makes sense to start new with eating habits. I’m so worried about all my co-workers noticing a drastic change in my habits and wondering. Are you moving to purees soon? You should be able to get more calories that way. Are you getting in all your Protein?

Believeinnikki, how are you doing now? You seem like you are doing great so far!

Claire are you home yet? I heard about the crazy storms over there. I’m on the “lucky” side of the states, we were 81 degress today. Hope you are feeling great!

anieitstime, so sorry you had to go through a codeine allergy issue! I’m hoping they’ve found something else they can give you and your pain is more under control. I had Loratab in the hospital and it worked good!

enibop, I’m so sorry about your postponement. That is so hard to find out the day before. That happened to me back in January. I hope you can get your AC1 level back to normal and get the surgery as soon as possible. Keep us updated.

Pescareno, glad you are past the hard part! Hope you are doing ok now.

Hopefully I’ve hit most of you. Didn’t see a recent post from Ken, but good luck tomorrow!!!

I did get my drain out yesterday! Hooray! Doc was happy with everything at my post op. Today I started pureed food. Tried FF refried Beans and that went down fine, about a ½ cup eaten over an hour. I just had a small cottage cheese (on the go size) and again went down fine. I still get so thirsty and it’s hard for me now to gulp it down. Just keep trying to take little sips.

Zomgjj, so glad you are doing well. You leave tomorrow right? I had my drain until 9 days post-op. That is how my doc does it. The thing is a total PITA, and I was so glad to get mine out yesterday.

Erin, so glad you are loving the job. Totally makes sense to start new with eating habits. I’m so worried about all my co-workers noticing a drastic change in my habits and wondering. Are you moving to purees soon? You should be able to get more calories that way. Are you getting in all your Protein?

Believeinnikki, how are you doing now? You seem like you are doing great so far!

Claire are you home yet? I heard about the crazy storms over there. I’m on the “lucky” side of the states, we were 81 degress today. Hope you are feeling great!

anieitstime, so sorry you had to go through a codeine allergy issue! I’m hoping they’ve found something else they can give you and your pain is more under control. I had Loratab in the hospital and it worked good!

enibop, I’m so sorry about your postponement. That is so hard to find out the day before. That happened to me back in January. I hope you can get your AC1 level back to normal and get the surgery as soon as possible. Keep us updated.

Pescareno, glad you are past the hard part! Hope you are doing ok now.

Hopefully I’ve hit most of you. Didn’t see a recent post from Ken, but good luck tomorrow!!!

I did get my drain out yesterday! Hooray! Doc was happy with everything at my post op. Today I started pureed food. Tried FF refried Beans and that went down fine, about a ½ cup eaten over an hour. I just had a small cottage cheese (on the go size) and again went down fine. I still get so thirsty and it’s hard for me now to gulp it down. Just keep trying to take little sips.

I doing good my incision hurt. I just want to heal and get better. Thanks For Asking about me. How are you doing

Hi to you all,

Nikki i hope your incision pain feels better soon. Janie and Pescarena i hope you are feeling a bit better now and others are too that have had your surgery this week.

I feel so sorry for you Jeni to have a postponement at the last minute. I know it has happened to others but that is so hard. Stay with us and keep us updated because we do care about you.

I hope that Ken does ok today, i am thinking of you, and Pam who is supporting you.

Kim and Erin you seem to doing so well, i am so pleased for you.

As for me, i am doing really well in terms of post op recovery. I didn't have a drain, catheter or staples to be removednd i came home yesterday afternoon. Alan made me a cheese, egg, bacon and potato puree last night which was very nice. It went down in a more reasonable length of time, i think because it was warm. However it filled me up so much for the rest of the evening that i couldn't drink so i think i need to try to manage that better. My meds are so filling too, i am on Ibruprofen and Paracetamol which are really thick and gunky and are horrible and fill me up for quite a while. Pain not bad at all and i even managed to sleep on my side last night which was great. Just feeling tired really, i have had so much support from family and friends which is just so great that i am always texting or on the phone, i must rest more i think. The supportin here is absolutely great too.

Take care all of you, terrible storms and floods here in the UK and i know snow storms are bad for a lot of you just now too.

Claire

Just jumped on today to say I'm going home today! Yay!

Also, does anyone feel everything go down as you drink or eat? They gave me an upper GI and said I have slow movement in there so I feel everything sit and then slowly pass down. It's so weird and I hope it goes away.

Oh and is anyone else freaking out about the little bit of food can fill you up so fast?

I feel like that's all I'm doing is eating and drinking, thinking I was taking in to much but really I'm at a good amount maybe even not enough.

Hi all, I just had my surgery on the 12th in Mexico. I had a revision from vsg to a bypass. I was discharged the next day. I am in alot of pain still and it's hard to breathe and stand up right. Has anyone experienced this? When can I expect to feel better?

I can feel things go down, too. They sit for a moment and then a gurgle and it goes down. I noticed it the first week. Now it doesn't always happen.

I am supposed to just be on creamy liquids but I've kind of branched out a little to hummus and very soft cheese. The cheese didn't go down the way I thought it should so I didn't finish it.

I had hummus for dinner and it was amazing. I don't let myself have more than 2 oz of hummus or mashed potatoes at a time.

I was oked to eat pudding and the hummus just has way more nutritional value and is close in consistency.

I did break down and have some frosting from a cupcake today. Yuck. It made me feel so sick. I got sweaty and felt horrible. No thanks.

I have some left side abdominal pain, right near the incision. From what I understand, it is normal. But it seems to be worse now than it was after surgery.

I also would like to go poopoo, for your information.

This has been the longest week ever. I'm exhausted. I can see why people take a few weeks off.

I love you guys. I may not always be responding to each post but I am reading and keeping up.

I hope nnegrete gets an avocado.

Zom,

It takes me all day and night to drink a cup that I used to refill 6-7 times a day. It blows my mind.

My first post on this thread- had my surgery on the 10th. Having a hard time keeping up with the liquids but other than that I'm doing ok. The head hunger is the worst.

Claire,

I'm glad to hear your recovery is going so well! Please stay safe.

Hi to you all,

Nikki i hope your incision pain feels better soon. Janie and Pescarena i hope you are feeling a bit better now and others are too that have had your surgery this week.

I feel so sorry for you Jeni to have a postponement at the last minute. I know it has happened to others but that is so hard. Stay with us and keep us updated because we do care about you.

I hope that Ken does ok today, i am thinking of you, and Pam who is supporting you.

Kim and Erin you seem to doing so well, i am so pleased for you.

As for me, i am doing really well in terms of post op recovery. I didn't have a drain, catheter or staples to be removednd i came home yesterday afternoon. Alan made me a cheese, egg, bacon and potato puree last night which was very nice. It went down in a more reasonable length of time, i think because it was warm. However it filled me up so much for the rest of the evening that i couldn't drink so i think i need to try to manage that better. My meds are so filling too, i am on Ibruprofen and Paracetamol which are really thick and gunky and are horrible and fill me up for quite a while. Pain not bad at all and i even managed to sleep on my side last night which was great. Just feeling tired really, i have had so much support from family and friends which is just so great that i am always texting or on the phone, i must rest more i think. The supportin here is absolutely great too.

Take care all of you, terrible storms and floods here in the UK and i know snow storms are bad for a lot of you just now too.

Claire

I am so glad th gat your surgery went well and that you are able to hold down your food. And thanks for checking on me. My incision are getting better but I'm not able to eat anything I am trying to drink my Protein shake. Well make sure Claire you keep us posted!!!!

My first post on this thread- had my surgery on the 10th. Having a hard time keeping up with the liquids but other than that I'm doing ok. The head hunger is the worst.

It really is. I've been frustrated to the point of tears a few times. It's hard to remember how bad I wanted this at those times.

Absolutely Princess Erin- I hear that the head hunger becomes less invasive as time persists. I sure hope so. I follow "Bariatric Foodie" on Facebook and she's been very helpful.

Hi to you all,

When I was feeling a little overwhelmed by it all last night you all really helped. Thanks so much. Hang on in there kdiden and Canadianchick, it is so good to know that we are all in this together. I do hope your pain improves and the head hunger gets better.

I hope that Ken is on here soon to tell us how he is too.

Erin's hummous sounded a good idea, what about edamame Beans I wonder? We don't have refried Beans over here. I am struggling with food and even fluids but I am managing flavoured ice cubes now. No head hunger, or hunger or any sort, which I thought might be my problem. Weetabix for Breakfast and nothing since but I know a lot of you are only on clear or maybe milky fluids so I think my surgeon is ok with things earlier than most. I will keep things slow and try to step up the fluids.

Take care, and thanks for all your support

Claire

Hmmm... what is this I hear about refried Beans? (sounds so good) I am also a huge hummus fan. Can't wait until I can have some again.