Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Hey guys do any of you have to take a shot for 14 days called lovanox or something like that lol

Yes I had to take mine for 10 days after I got out the hospital. Today was actually my last day of them!

Hey guys do any of you have to take a shot for 14 days called lovanox or something like that lol

Yes I had to take mine for 10 days after I got out the hospital. Today was actually my last day of them!

Yes me too, i have 14 days supply of something similar that are anti embolism shots. A few more days to go

Yes- I have to take them for 14 days after the hospital. I'm getting close to being done with them.

I f ound this recipe on "The World According to Eggface" it is a great blog by a woman who has RNY about 10 years ago. This is for puree stage. I haven't tried it yet but WILL!

Shelly's Baked Ricotta

8 oz of Ricotta cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan

1 large Egg, beaten

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

salt & pepper to taste

1/2 cup Marinara Sauce

1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

I f ound this recipe on "The World According to Eggface" it is a great blog by a woman who has RNY about 10 years ago. This is for puree stage. I haven't tried it yet but WILL! Shelly's Baked Ricotta 8 oz of Ricotta cheese 1/2 cup grated Parmesan 1 large Egg, beaten 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning salt & pepper to taste 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

I made this and it was wonderful!

So here is my lesson of the week!

Two nights ago I was making dinner for my family. Fried pork chops, green Beans, rice and gravy. I was going to enjoy some cheesy chicken enchilada Soup I made for us the night before (without the chicken of course).

Well, as I'm frying up the pork chops, I can't help but notice how delicious the crispy, golden breading looks. So I have a bite. I chew the fried breading up and it goes down easy. Yuuummmmmy! So I have another bite.

Wait. Now I'm full. I had no nutritional value. Nothing good. Now I can't eat my yummy Soup that would've at least given me some Protein and not just empty calories.

Gone are the days of sampling dinner while I cook it and then sitting down and enjoying dinner.

I realize not all of you may struggle the same way I do. But I am fat for a reason. I enjoy good. I love to cook for my family. I love to eat. I am so happy I had this surgery. I am being forced to change my habits.

Just thought I would share the lesson I learned.

I had my follow up. Everything looks great and il doing really well.

I love reading yalls updates and keep the recipes coming. That was a great idea!

Edited by PrincessErin

Erin,

I totally know what you mean. I have an eating disorder- I eat for comfort and escape. Now that that ability has been taken away from me- in the past week or so- I have been dealing with a lot of pain (emotional). I have had my coping mechanism taken from me so i am now dealing with a lot that I always pushed aside with food. It's been hard!

K

Okay guys I'm getting very frustrated!

I'm a couple days short of being 2 weeks post op and I'm already at a stall. All the weight I've lost is from the first week after surgery. I hate that the weight loss has already slowed down and practically stopped.

I know obviously I'm going to start losing again but this early in the game is real frustrating.

Also I've finally experienced something getting stuck. Oh that it's horrible. I wasn't paying attention to my chewing and swallowed my scrambled egg to soon. Ouch!

Erin,

I totally know what you mean. I have an eating disorder- I eat for comfort and escape. Now that that ability has been taken away from me- in the past week or so- I have been dealing with a lot of pain (emotional). I have had my coping mechanism taken from me so i am now dealing with a lot that I always pushed aside with food. It's been hard!

K

I'm the same way! I always ate when I was stressed or any other emotion. food was practically like a best friend. My second day home from the hospital I pretty much lost it and cried. I felt so ridiculous that I was crying over food, but ya know it's something I had to and still have to deal with.

I did the exact same thing Zom did. I ate too much egg tonight and got stuck. Then I threw up. Guys I am having the worst time ever with portion size. Today has just been a frustrating struggle. I'm over it and I want to go to bed.

Please don't get frustrated with the stall. I know it sucks but guys. Listen. We have tiny tummies and we are skipping part of our intestines. We WILL lose weight. We will!!!

I did the exact same thing Zom did. I ate too much egg tonight and got stuck. Then I threw up. Guys I am having the worst time ever with portion size. Today has just been a frustrating struggle. I'm over it and I want to go to bed. Please don't get frustrated with the stall. I know it sucks but guys. Listen. We have tiny tummies and we are skipping part of our intestines. We WILL lose weight. We will!!!

I bought 2 oz disposable containers with lids to help with my serving sizes. They are $2.99 for a pack of 50. I use them for everything. It helps a lot with Portion Control.

RnJsNana- Where do you buy those?

RnJsNana- Where do you buy those?

Sorry, I thought I had typed Target. My hubby found them at the grocery store also but Target is the cheapest place. I believe they were in the paper plate area.

We don't have refried Beans over here

But we do! You can get them canned in the supermarket, near the Mexican kits.

Hi,

Thanks Zoe, I have never seen them here, but they sound good. Hope you are doing ok.

I am finding all the posts really helpful. That cheese/egg recipe looks good. I have really only been having Soups so far, but must succeed with more textured food soon. I found the fact you are aiming for 2ozs in more solid foods a really important message because I am coping with more than that in liquid soups. Erin I am so sorry yesterday felt so hard for you, and I really hope that today is much better. I hate throwing up so much so I will try to avoid that as far as possible. So portion size and getting things stuck seem to be the real problems. It is such an uphill battle I think in so many ways. I am missing doing normal things which involve food and the impact on my social life, more than foods themselves at the moment. Though cheese would be good! I am also struggling to eat things, I think because I am trying to avoid making myself ill, and because I really am not at all hungry.

We will all get there I know, but anyone who thinks that this is the easy option!.....

Take care

Claire