Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling guilty for living in Florida...

In Miami - not trying to rub it in! I have family in the mid-west and they've gotten hammered this winter & my oldest daughter is going to school in Maryland and she's gonna get hammered this time! My thoughts go out to all of you! Stay warm and be safe driving!

Just saying....this why I love Florida. Water,attachicon.gifphoto-169.jpg Water everywhere.

Is that Jacksonville, Linda? Beautiful view. I've been out boat riding in the Gulf near Sarasota..so awesome! I want to do some Everglades Air boat riding as soon as I can swing it. Some Gulf fishing would suit me too.

My wife has been on 3 cruises...me..nada. She goes on them with her sisters, I sit home and mumble to myself. :angry:

We are in the Toledo, Ohio area and have been surviving the worst winter in years! Snow plowed so high I can't even see my neighbors home... Sub zero temps for months! Time to visit family in Long Boat Key?? Envoy you all in Florida but I love our summers, autumns and spring!!! Do you miss that???

Yes Gman, downtown Jacksonville from the back of the boat. Beautiful City I love. You are missing out on that cruise, let me tell you! Get a room with a balcony and sit there watching the ocean go by is the sweetest thing ever. Guess you can tell I love being on the Water. Sarasota is lovely. I love the West Coast. Our daughter lives in Pensacola near the Alabama line. I am in heaven anywhere there is water.

We are in the Toledo, Ohio area and have been surviving the worst winter in years! Snow plowed so high I can't even see my neighbors home... Sub zero temps for months! Time to visit family in Long Boat Key?? Envoy you all in Florida but I love our summers, autumns and spring!!! Do you miss that???

I am in North Florida so I get plenty of cold weather, and love the seasons here. Sometimes it is 20-30 degrees colder in Jacksonville than Miami. Miami is sweltering in the summer, don't think I could handle that. We can drive 2 hours into Georgia and it is freezing LOL.

Ugh. Reading this thread from NY while expecting our 2nd foot of snow. So envious! Can't wait to take this new body out and show it to the sun!

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]41388[/ATTACH]

I know this thread is about Florida but arizona ain't bad either

Heck Susy this looks like Florida lol!

Wow, we were neighbors! We lived in Bowling Green for 25 years.

I liked spring because it was kicking out the winter, fall not so much because it was bringing in the winter. Winter felt like a bully that kept coming back to town to kick my butt for months. I've had the pretty leaves all my life and consider them a fair price to pay.

Ideal for many people is the snowbird life. Stay in the north through spring, summer an fall and hit Florida for more summer. I'm one of the odd ones who likes the intense heat of Florida's steam bath. I worked out in it, what doesn't make you faint makes you stronger. :D

Yes Gman, downtown Jacksonville from the back of the boat. Beautiful City I love. You are missing out on that cruise, let me tell you! Get a room with a balcony and sit there watching the ocean go by is the sweetest thing ever. Guess you can tell I love being on the Water. Sarasota is lovely. I love the West Coast. Our daughter lives in Pensacola near the Alabama line. I am in heaven anywhere there is water.

Ya, when larger finances come my way I want to move to a coast, can't decide which one yet, like them both. Punta Gorda looks good but we like Coco Beach. We don't necessarily have to life in an old folks area like we do now in Zephyrhills but we need convenience and low crime. Orlando is lots of fun if you can live with the traffic. Universal Studios is my favorite place on the whole earth. I live that phony fun stuff! Probably the thespian in me. :D

Vegas desert rat now for this So CAL transplant and I live the dry warm sunny environment

Love my environment!

Vegas desert rat now for this So CAL transplant and I live the dry warm sunny environment

I spent some months years ago in the southern part of South Africa. The humidity was oppressive, so much so that I fantasized about diving into a vat of talcum powder. There was no air conditioning where I was, bathing only helped for a few minutes then the stickiness came back and the skin irritation.

Either Florida is not that bad or I've become used to it. At least here I know AC is right around the corner.

My grandparents were life-long Iowa natives. When my grandfather retired they moved to Arizona after selling their house. 6 months later they came back. My grandmother hated the dryness, the sand, the people, the heat, ... everything.

They eventually got back into their old house and lived out their days.

If I moved there I know I would love it but I have travelled all of my life and never was that much in love with any one place including Iowa. Me and Florida have a thing going on now..but we are not married. :D

Moving is not for everybody. You have to almost like adjusting, not everyone can live with change even if they think they can.

Edited by gmanbat

Thanks for rubbing it in. We're getting another 12+ inches of snow today in New England.