Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling guilty for living in Florida...

I am headed to Florida for my new job training. I stop in Sarasota for two nights and then on to Tallahassee for two weeks.

Need suggestions on food and fun!!

When in a new place, just ask the locals their favorite eateries. Sarasota is beautiful. Lots of seafood. Tallahassee is a college town, FSU. Not much going on there for me. But in 2 weeks you can drive a few miles West and see Destin, FL, which has the most beautiful beaches in Florida I think. I hope the weather is good for you!We have had a lousy winter.

I am headed to Florida for my new job training. I stop in Sarasota for two nights and then on to Tallahassee for two weeks.

Need suggestions on food and fun!!

What Linda said.

Also, don't pass up going to Siesta Key Beach while in Sarasota, one of the highest rated beaches in the world. It has always been our favorite beach. Whitest sand possible, beautiful.

I will check out Destin, Linda, always up for new beach exploration. You can live in Florida for decades and not see everything.

Ok so everyone "advertising" it's nice and warm..... Scoot over... Those of us freezing are coming to visit! It's cold and snowy in IL

I used to live in Tarpon Springs - loved that little quirky town! It has a great sense of community.

I don't miss summers there, but I do miss the winters!

I love Tarpon Springs! I was about to say, "great restaurants" but then realized it would contradict my earlier rant about my relatives obsession with eating at them. :D

It is quaint and quirky. Think we'll go there soon, close drive for us.

The restaurants are wonderful - Mr. Souvlaki's Greek Chow Mien. OK - that was pre-surgery McButterpants talking!

post-159547-0-94111700-1392150442_thumb.jpg

79 degrees. Kuerig coffee on the patio, (Yuban), IPad, birds serenading, nice breeze, citrus flowers smelling in the neighborhood,...it doesn't suck. :D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

79 degrees. Kuerig coffee on the patio, (Yuban), IPad, birds serenading, nice breeze, citrus flowers smelling in the neighborhood,...it doesn't suck. :D

You can go off people, no matter how much you like them...especially when you are sitting at 0 degrees and wearing so many layers to stay warm, it looks like you've put on 20lbs, lol.

We may have to organise a flight from the UK to Florida.... Now see what you've done!

Shorts and flipflops today!

Really sucks to be in Florida! Forgot, picked some weeds yesterday as the grass is green and so are the weeds in my flower bed! B) My hubby always told me that old people don't like snow. So, even tho' I swore I was moving to the mountains in Pa when I retired, we chose Florida. I like Az as i have lots of family there, but it is way too hot in summer! My kids are here, too!

Edited by kll724

Gman loves to stir up trouble. LOL. I love the silliness and the humor. Keeps me happy.

Seriously Gman? You just have to keep rubbing it in ;).

I've been looking so forward to the day it's above freezing in Michigan. Right now it looks like Sunday will be 36, so I'm pretty excited! It's treacherous around here....you can't see around/over the huge piles of snow that have turned into ugly, dirty icebergs. Driveways and parking lots are covered in ice, and it's always below zero with the wind chill. Yeah, I'm jealous of you.

On a positive note - you could go ice fishing here if you wanted to ;) It's kind of like gardening.

Seriously Gman? You just have to keep rubbing it in ;).

I've been looking so forward to the day it's above freezing in Michigan. Right now it looks like Sunday will be 36, so I'm pretty excited! It's treacherous around here....you can't see around/over the huge piles of snow that have turned into ugly, dirty icebergs. Driveways and parking lots are covered in ice, and it's always below zero with the wind chill. Yeah, I'm jealous of you.

On a positive note - you could go ice fishing here if you wanted to ;) It's kind of like gardening.

Sounds all too familiar. I was born in Iowa, I have lived in Pennsylvania and Ohio and traveled by car to many northern states in the winter.

I had to walk to school in -20 degrees temps because of the education fanatics that ruled then. School was called off when the plows got stuck.

I have been frozen, fallen many times on ice, and often taxed my cardioid-vascular system to near death shoveling snow in the winters I've seen.

I somehow feel like I've earned Florida heat and reprieve from Frosty's pounding.

I don't know why I needle folks that are still in it's clutches. I still feel like I'm getting away with something because I haven't paid my yearly torture dues for the few months of spring and summer.

Or maybe I still haven't grasped that I am here and I'm using you poor saps to help me get it in my head. :rolleyes::D

Edited by gmanbat

Yes, gman, I too lived in the North growing up. I was raised in North Dakota. There it only hasn't snowed in July! We were allowed to not go to school if the buses did not make it thru. Blizzards were nothing, usually! It is differnt now! So, I truly was ready to move to Pa mountains(Hazelton, to be exact) after reitrement. But, as previously stated, old people don't like cold or snow! I never thought I would get used to HOT. It is easier than cold. Pools help in summer, so does air conditioning. Our lanais are greatest at this weather! I won't rib you'all anymore, tho'. Come visit, if you like, we love snowbirds here in central Florida! Karen..aka.kll724

Edited by kll724