Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling guilty for living in Florida...

In our house at this time of year we do a lot of switching between heat, off, and cooling. My favorite is off. :D

In our house at this time of year we do a lot of switching between heat, off, and cooling. My favorite is off. :D

I hear you.... In New Orleans, this past month, we have had the temperatures of all four seasons within two days..... It's crazy..... And I like the electricity bill when the setting Is OFF!

I live in Wisconsin...more polar vortex next ten days. Happily, I will be in Phoenix. I don't even feel a little but guilty. It's going to feel heavenly. I'm going to buy summer clothes while I'm there...I have not even one pair if shorts that fits. A good problem to have. I haven't been outside in AGES, it seems. Worst winter in my memory.

81 degrees North Florida today, and all week. I am finally warming up. I swear you all should retire to Florida.

No, no, no, really..... it's muggy and sticky........It rains all the time. And those Hurricanes......just think about all those hurricanes. Besides, you would miss white Christmases and all those fashionable winter clothes. Forget about Florida......It's got too many mosquitoes anyway........... <_<

81 degrees North Florida today, and all week. I am finally warming up. I swear you all should retire to Florida.

No, no, no, really..... it's muggy and sticky........It rains all the time. And those Hurricanes......just think about all those hurricanes. Besides, you would miss white Christmases and all those fashionable winter clothes. Forget about Florida......It's got too many mosquitoes anyway........... <_<

LOL! Yes, I agree, actually where I live I call Southern Quebec as we get a lot of Canadian snow birds.

You are so right Recycled. I should have mentioned all the negatives, plus the sinkholes that swallow our houses. The other day an Illinois friend asked if we still had crocodiles, and of course I told her yes, along with all the gators, moccasins and rattlesnakes roaming our property. There are so many nudists down here because it is too hot for clothes. Just sayin' ........

Ya,and pythons eating the alligators and the birds in the Everglades. We have fire ants, and large nasty snails, poisonous cane toads that will kill your dogs, and intense traffic around major cities. You'd miss those endless blasts of cold air that make you tough and grateful for the few months of summer.

People down here get soft and lazy. I'd tell you more but .....yawn.....time to get in the hammock for an afternoon snooze.

Oh yah! Time for my nap,too! Hubby actually just got up.

I really miss living in Florida (Tampa). I've lived in so cal for the last two years. Yes, the weather is nice but it's so expensive it's just not worth it.

I really miss living in Florida (Tampa). I've lived in so cal for the last two years. Yes, the weather is nice but it's so expensive it's just not worth it.

One nice thing about the Tampa area is that real estate is relatively cheap and that there a lot of ways to cut corners here. In Zephyrhills and surrounds are many thrift shops, farmers markets, and flea markets. Cooling can be tough but we are in a lot of shade and cut it down. Heating is not much of a problem. Old folks like us like to save money so we can afford fast motorcycles. :D

I live in Zephyrhills also. I drive 45 min to work... but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love this area.

I live in Zephyrhills also. I drive 45 min to work... but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love this area.

I know the feeling. I have to drive to Lutz. I can do it in 35-40 minutes if I avoid school buses and jams on 75. As you know, Tampa Bay traffic....ya never know. :)

Well I drive 1 hour to my doctor's office in Zephyrhills. We really need to get together some of us Central Florida folks on here. I don't think I can host a group, but wouldn't mind joining one with some of the other folks from Bariatric pal. Karen