Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers This Is Our Month Are Yall Ready!?

I have 12 hours to go until surgery time!!!

Quick Update: My surgery went perfect yesterday. I'm lying in bed with mild pain. I'm not allowed anything other than ice chips and they make me nauseous!! I was asleep most of the day yesterday except when I had to walk. The actual walking isn't bad, its getting out of bed that's bad. Today I feel more awake... And feel a lot more pain even with the morphine

Wow ice chips are my best friend!!!! 6 days out and it's still my favorite "meal" I'm sick of broth and sf Jello -- warm tea is ok

Ok my first day had some pain and vomiting. Yesterday was feeling great, eating so was discharged. Vomited every time I put ANYTHING in my mouth all night. Trying again today. Any suggestions?

Well things went well, we have both been up and walking and drinking fluids this morning. Should be back at the hotel this afternoon and headed home tomorrow.

Surgery set for December 31st (Happy New Year) and started liquid diet yesterday. First day was a struggle but feeling a lot better today.

surgery tomorrow finally! and for everyone that is on the 14 day liquid diet hang in there it does get easier after about day 10 you dont really feel hungry at all. I am on day 13 and havent cheated even a little. didnt think i would ever be able to do this but I am ready hope it all goes as planned!!

I am just hours away from my sleeve surgery today. I had to do Clear Liquids for the last two days which was rough. But I am feeling a little better now. You are brave to be there alone and I totally get it. That would have been my situation too except that I did tell my mom who lives out of state and she ended up flying out. Best of luck to you....looking forward to updates post op.

So tomorrow is the big day and I know I'm ready but damn I wish this anxiety I have would take off!

Not gonna lie, I did throw a going away party for my stomach last night. I wasn't on any pre op diet but today I'm instructed to drink liquids only, up till midnight and then nothing after that.

So who else will be getting sleeved on the 18th?

Besides chap stick, is there anything else that I need to remember to bring?

I'll be all alone in this as my husband will be left caring for my daughter and I have chosen not to tell anyone else about the surgery. My husband will come visit me sometime after I get out of surgery. Would it be safe for me to bring my phone to the surgery? I don't want it to get stolen but how else can I call my husband once I'm awake? :unsure:

Best of luck. As of now, I am 6 hours away!

I have 12 hours to go until surgery time!!!

Well guys headed to hospital now, good luck to all my fellow 12/18 sleevers. We got this, will update when u get a chance...

Best of luck!!!

Best of luck to you. I will be headed to the hospital in a few hours. Look forward to everyone's updates POST op

I think you had surgery yesterday! Hope you are doing well. I leave for the hospital in a few hours....a little nervous, a little excited, shaky and headache from clear liquids only....

Surgery at 11:45 so nervous yet excited.. I hope I got all the tears out last night!

I think I will cry cry and cry some more before my surgery, come back and tell us how it all goes, I am a pre-sleever so everyone stories are encouraging. Good healing for you! ;)

December 26th. I started my pre-op diet on the 14th. 3 Bariatric Advantage shakes a day ; 2 yogurts (less than 100 calories - no fruit pieces); clear fluids besides. No carbonation, no caffeine.

Two days before surgery - clear liquids only.

It's been going great. Haven't cheated at all. Won't weigh myself until just before surgery. For some odd reason , I find it comforting to make dinner for my family - but I make my son do all the tasting.

The only troubling thing is that my sugar hasn't gone down. Still get fasting levels of 150-160. Even had a 188 eating absolutely no carbs. I've upped my exercise so hopefully that will help. I'm going to be pissed if this doesn't resolve my diabetes. That's my main reason for doing it.

Hey everyone, still in the hospital but should be going home tomorrow afternoon. I requested my own room but there were none available and so I ended up with the most annoying roommate EVER!!! To start with the recovery floor is not just for bariatric patients, its for anyone who got any type of surgery. So this roommate kept asking me to get up and help her and when I tried to explain to her that I'm unable too, she got mean! Then she kept grabbing the curtain that separates us and pulling it back so I had to call the nurse for help. Finally they put her out in the hallway. Gosh the last thing I needed to deal with right after getting surgery.

So after surgery I was in so much pain, it was horrible! That whole first day was

Bad but it was worse when iI had to get up out of bed. My suggestion to all you pre sleevers is to walk when you get up to you the restroom. I was only able to do a half lap that first day but the second day I did 17 laps (a little more than a half mile) so feeling much better the second day.

I was not allowed anything by mouth until 24hrs after surgery, and then they gave me Water. They said no ice chips because it tends to cause more nausea in patients. I've done well with the water so far and tonight they gave me an Unjury shake which was good. So far no vomiting but the nurses have been keeping me on pain and anti nausea meds around the clock. Well I'm off to do some more walking so good luck to anyone getting the surgery today or tomorrow.

Hi all...I had surgery on the 18th. When they came to get me I started crying. I knew I was doing the right thing and I knew God was with me but it was still very scary! I was wheeled into "OR-5" at 6:00 on the dot! They asked me some personal questions as I moved to the surgery table. I answered but in my mind I thought, "I know what you're doing!" The nurse said she was giving me something for to relax me. I said okay and then I heard people telling to wake up! THAT SIMPLE!

The pain was on a scale of 5-7....bearable...but why bear it? Take the meds. No need to be a trooper! And, the pain wasn't from my incisions....it was in my chest. They said they had to move my liver and the pain was probably a combination of that and the gas from the leak test, which they perform at the end of the procedure.

I came home yesterday around 1:30 and was in the bed ever since. The nausea and dry heaving was severe but I felt much better after the heaving settled. I haven't taken in much. I plan to do better today.

So far....so good!!!

Came home last night doing surprisingly well really just some gas pains all I'm sipping is Water and resting. Bremen getting up and walking the house a lot seems to help move the gas..well hope everyone is faring as well or better.

Tomorrow is my big day I have to be there at 5:00am. I haven't been nervous I think because I've been concentrating on finishing my Christmas shopping lol. Right now I just felt a little scared because of what could go wrong. I think it's normal. I'm excited for the after part =)