Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers This Is Our Month Are Yall Ready!?

Good luck! I'm sure you will do great and make sure to check in with us!

Most def will

I am hitting a wall with this preop diet, i need food lol. still 7 days out...

i was the same, absolutely starving. so after some research i added one meal a day of solid protein...3 or 4 ounces of white meat chicken or turkey, a couple of boiled eggs, a few oz of cheese. it really kept me on the straight and narrow.

Edited by JanetBP

Congrats to those who have already had their surgeries and thanks for the updates. It helps calm my nerves. Good luck to those of us still waiting...27th for me. My prayers go out for us all. It all seems surreal. I am sure that many of us had the same New Years Resolution for years, which was ALWAYS to lose weight and be healthy. Can any of my December family tell me how it feels to FINALLY be able to say it and know that it's gonna happen for 2014?

Hi all! Thanks so much for all the good wishes. I had my surgery on Tuesday morning and got home a little while ago. I feel OK, a bit sore and bloated/swollen in the upper belly area but really not too bad. My surgery went off without a hitch, NINE incisions - but I had a lap band revision so maybe that's why so many? I was kept on an every-4-hours schedule of pain killers and that was just the ticket. I'm on full liquids 2 days after surgery. Oh, and so far no nausea!!

I think the hardest part is going to be getting in all my liquids!! Tiny sips of Water, Protein Shakes, tiny bites of low carb yogurt, sf Jello and popsicles, broth or fat free cream Soup all count toward my 64 ounce a day minimum. But that is a LOT at half a teaspoon at a time. I'm definitely going to have to log this stuff on myfitnesspal to make sure I'm getting it all. And I am NOT HUNGRY! Which is a good thing. All I really want is a big cup of coffee. :P

My husband is making me a big pot of homemade chicken broth from the bones of a few rotisserie chickens, I know it's going to be sooooo yummy. I just had the liquid drained from a can of chicken noodle soup mixed with a little plain chicken broth and a few tablespoons of half and half. Sounds odd but it was very tasty.

So good night all... my pain killer is kicking in. You all are GREAT!!

Janet

My date is the 18th. I've been doing surprisingly well on the pre op diet til today. I had an all day pre op testing and education with nothing to eat or drink since last night. By the time I got done I was so hungry, shaky and had a bad headache so I pulled into McDonald's and got a sandwich. I'm so upset that the whole reason I cheated was because of the testing. I'm getting right back on it tonight but I'm so frustrated.

My date is also the 20th and the last few days have been rough, we will look back at these struggles and say ah this was well worth. Good luck and keep in touch..

I am hitting a wall with this preop diet, i need food lol. still 7 days out...

i was the same, absolutely starving. so after some research i added one meal a day of solid protein...3 or 4 ounces of white meat chicken or turkey, a couple of boiled eggs, a few oz of cheese. it really kept me on the straight and narrow.

Yes me too tonight i broke down had some chicken and cheese and a hard boiled egg, also a support group person said muscle milk helped with hunger and i tried it and it works.. Keep pushing we will overcome this...

Hi everybody,

I saw my surgeon for my final pre-op visit today. Surgery set for 17th . I have been on the pre-op diet for a week and I have lost 9 pounds. My BMI was right at 41% before and I weighed in right below 40%. The girl in the office looked concerned and told me that I had to weigh in at 40% otherwise the insurance would not cover. What! No one told me this before , I had already gotten approved with my insurance! So she made me drink Water until I weighed in a few pounds more. So now I'm off the pre-op diet except for the couple of days before surgery. Office states I must still weigh in right at 40% or more on the day of surgery!

Hey family again!!!! Today is my last day im finding out what time I have to go in I have a little last minute runing around..I have to clean and get some papers into my doctor...I havent gotten a god nights rest yet!!!I went to sleep last night@ 3 Its now 7am and I cant sleep so many things runing thru my mind.....I have so many people to thank on here I say family because thats what u all have become to me...yes alot of you guys may have been older but u guys became my inspiration..this forum really means alot to me but imma stop writing before I cry.... im already tearing up!!! Wish me luck yall!! Love abby

Last minute craziness before surgery on Monday! Good luck and prayers for us all!

My surgery is scheduled for the 26th. Been on the pre-op liquid diet since Monday. I am diabetic and it has been messing with my blood sugar. Otherwise I am ok. Starting to get anxious.

Hi All! I am a Dec 19th Sleever! I have no pre op diet to follow, except the day before Clear Liquids. I am super excited about the surgery, just not looking forward to how I might feel afterward.

Edited by Carol Quabeck Boyer

Hi everybody,

I saw my surgeon for my final pre-op visit today. Surgery set for 17th . I have been on the pre-op diet for a week and I have lost 9 pounds. My BMI was right at 41% before and I weighed in right below 40%. The girl in the office looked concerned and told me that I had to weigh in at 40% otherwise the insurance would not cover. What! No one told me this before , I had already gotten approved with my insurance! So she made me drink Water until I weighed in a few pounds more. So now I'm off the pre-op diet except for the couple of days before surgery. Office states I must still weigh in right at 40% or more on the day of surgery!

I don't think anyone has EVER told me I didn't weigh enough!! That rule sounds a bit silly since you started at 41, but I think as long as you keep carbs to a minimum your liver should still be shrinking, even if you aren't.

:-)

Edited by JanetBP

Hey family again!!!! Today is my last day im finding out what time I have to go in I have a little last minute runing around..I have to clean and get some papers into my doctor...I havent gotten a god nights rest yet!!!I went to sleep last night@ 3 Its now 7am and I cant sleep so many things runing thru my mind.....I have so many people to thank on here I say family because thats what u all have become to me...yes alot of you guys may have been older but u guys became my inspiration..this forum really means alot to me but imma stop writing before I cry.... im already tearing up!!! Wish me luck yall!! Love abby

It'll be over before you know it Abby. I had my sleeve on Tuesday and I am feeling much much better today. Get some rest!! {{{hugs}}}