Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers This Is Our Month Are Yall Ready!?

It'll be over before you know it Abby. I had my sleeve on Tuesday and I am feeling much much better today. Get some rest!! {{{hugs}}}

**hugs back**

I had day 1 of my preop diet today... went pretty well. It's interesting how everyone's surgeons have different preop diets. Mine is 3 Protein Shakes a day and a small meal, like a Lean Cuisine.

I have one more Protein Shake left that I'll have for a snack after I put my son to bed.

Abby good luck tomorrow!

Go Dec 2013!!

I had day 1 of my preop diet today... went pretty well. It's interesting how everyone's surgeons have different preop diets. Mine is 3 Protein Shakes a day and a small meal, like a Lean Cuisine.

I have one more Protein Shake left that I'll have for a snack after I put my son to bed.

Abby good luck tomorrow!

Go Dec 2013!!

Thank you so much I go in inna couple of hours...im really beginning to second guess now..im always thinking so negatively..but with everyones support I should be just fine

Congrats Abby, we will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Hi everybody,

I saw my surgeon for my final pre-op visit today. Surgery set for 17th . I have been on the pre-op diet for a week and I have lost 9 pounds. My BMI was right at 41% before and I weighed in right below 40%. The girl in the office looked concerned and told me that I had to weigh in at 40% otherwise the insurance would not cover. What! No one told me this before , I had already gotten approved with my insurance! So she made me drink Water until I weighed in a few pounds more. So now I'm off the pre-op diet except for the couple of days before surgery. Office states I must still weigh in right at 40% or more on the day of surgery!

I don't think anyone has EVER told me I didn't weigh enough!! That rule sounds a bit silly since you started at 41, but I think as long as you keep carbs to a minimum your liver should still be shrinking, even if you aren't.

:-)

I'm going to try! Thanks

Last minute craziness before surgery on Monday! Good luck and prayers for us all!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care.

Thank you....about to b on my way to the hospital

Sleeved on 12/3/13. 11 days later 12/14/13 I'm down 17 lbs.

Dec 17th here, both me and my husband. He started liquid diet nov 19th. I only had to do one week so started dec 9th. Was hard my last two nights at work, guess what nurses do on night shift, a lot!

Thank you....about to b on my way to the hospital

Hope all is well. Let us know how u r doing. Prayers still up for u!

Hello all. I had surgery on 12/12/13. I was very scared and in pain. I think it had more to do with the being put under part. Still have pain. Glad I did it. Just wondering when the pain subsides I'm trying to not take the pain meds. I came home yesterday.

Hope all is well. Let us know how u r doing. Prayers still up for u!

Imm doing well so far but the gas pain still bothers me.(ALOT)

Hello,

My sugary is tomorrow, 12/16. I'm doing my clear liquid diet today. So far, it's OK, but I'm only on my second cup of liquids. I'm nervous and a little scared, but I'm a nurse so I know what to expect. I guess I just have a better understanding of what patients who are going to have surgery are going through. Today I will just reflect and pray as I know my life will change drastically tomorrow. Thank you all for the interesting blogs…..it helps to read other's stories to know one is not alone!

Hey yall!

Its my first time posting here. My surgery is 12/17 and I am starting to get really nervous! I have been reading all of your comments and I just want yall to know how helpful you all are! I wish you all the best of luck and great success!