Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers This Is Our Month Are Yall Ready!?

OMG, It's December 9, and my day to be sleeved. Slightly nervous, more afraid he'll open me up and decide he can't do the surgery for some reason. We put up our Christmas tree tonight, and I cleaned the house. Like everyone else I'm afraid I'll have complications, but I know this is the right thing for me. Sure am hoping my Thanksgiving cheat won't come back to haunt me. I've also eaten the chicken and carrots in my broth! No noodles or rice though. Had half a scrambled egg yesterday morning. True confessions time. It's 12:48 and I'm sitting here with another load of laundry in the washer, kitty on my lap, my French exchange student and my son all here working on our laptops listening to Christmas Carols. I don't want to go to sleep, feel there is too much to do. I've lost 14 pounds on the liquid diet over the last 2 weeks. Gosh, my day is finally here. Can't wait to be on the losers bench, less than 12 hours away. Best of health to my fellow 12/9 folks, and I'll post as soon as I'm able to after the surgery. Group hug!

Omg goodbluck..I feel for you right now but before you know it itll all b over I.thing.you be just fine... let us know though because I am also scared..im also being sleeved.in.less than 5 days..

Hello y'all,

My surgery is Wednesday. I had to go off my NSAIDs last Wednesday and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By Saturday the only way I could manuever around was with crutches. My knees are both bone on bone but my right knee is worse. I have a herniated disc in my low spine and a slipped disc also. I'm pretty decrepid for a 48 year old.

THANK GOD I have an appointment this morning at 11:30 AM CST with the orthopedic urgent care clinic. I hope to God they'll give me a steriod shot in my right knee. I MUST be ambulatory for my surgery. I have to walk every two hours when I'm awake and every four hours when I'm napping.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous. I guess I've been contemplating this so long and have done so much research--I'm not as much nervous as I am ready to get on with it.

Good luck to everyone having surgery today. I'll keep you in my prayers.

My date is the 18th. I've been doing surprisingly well on the pre op diet til today. I had an all day pre op testing and education with nothing to eat or drink since last night. By the time I got done I was so hungry, shaky and had a bad headache so I pulled into McDonald's and got a sandwich. I'm so upset that the whole reason I cheated was because of the testing. I'm getting right back on it tonight but I'm so frustrated.

Hey guys,

My surgery date is on the 20th and my mom and I are actually getting it on the same day with the same surgeon. My surgeon actually doesn't require a liquid diet before surgery but he did suggest cutting our food intake by 20% two weeks pre-op. Finally got all my appointments ands tests done, now just trying to get everything together before surgery. Started to get a little bit nervous but you'd be amazed at how much grad schools finals can take your mind off of things lol.

Yay! I'm on the post op side of the fence now! I was still half out of it when the surgeon said everything went well with the surgery. Surprised that they won't be starting me on liquids until my swallow test tomorrow and I was out of surgery at 3 pm. Pain isn't too bad with the meds.... more of a discomfort/pressure in my chest and stomach and I have 6 (count em) 6 small incisions. Overall I'm doing pretty well! Hope everyone else had great success that went in as well!

Yay! I'm on the post op side of the fence now! I was still half out of it when the surgeon said everything went well with the surgery. Surprised that they won't be starting me on liquids until my swallow test tomorrow and I was out of surgery at 3 pm. Pain isn't too bad with the meds.... more of a discomfort/pressure in my chest and stomach and I have 6 (count em) 6 small incisions. Overall I'm doing pretty well! Hope everyone else had great success that went in as well!

Your surgery sounded like a piece of cake just how mine is

Hey guys,

My surgery date is on the 20th and my mom and I are actually getting it on the same day with the same surgeon. My surgeon actually doesn't require a liquid diet before surgery but he did suggest cutting our food intake by 20% two weeks pre-op. Finally got all my appointments ands tests done, now just trying to get everything together before surgery. Started to get a little bit nervous but you'd be amazed at how much grad schools finals can take your mind off of things lol.

He did put you on liquids for the day prior I hope?

Just hope mine is**

One last questiom did the doc say anything about your liver being small? Im nerous mine didnt shrink...how was yur preop diet?

One last questiom did the doc say anything about your liver being small? Im nerous mine didnt shrink...how was yur preop diet?

Didn't get a chance to ask yet but I will tomorrow. I am assuming everything was good since he went through with the procedure. I had lost 13 lbs on the 8 day pre-op liquid diet also.

How are all the December folks that got sleeved already? I am drinking my Protein Drink watching my coworkers chow down on pizza and birthday cake. Yum my Protein Shake is delicious! If I say that often enough maybe I'll believe it. Nut appointment tomorrow am

My work had a pizza party for lunch too, so I got to sit around and watch everyone eat pizza while I had Soup. I held strong though! :)

Good for you! A drug company catered for us today (and my surgery is TOMORROW!!)...chicken parm with Pasta, two kinds of bread, fried chicken, meatballs, a big fruit salad, cheesecake and a bunch of other goodies. I got a glass of unsweetened tea and went back to my desk. I wanted to throw myself face down on that table and just scarf...LOL

I believe you had your surgery today? Hope it all went smoothly!

Janet

Well tomorrow is my surgery. Woke up this morning very nervousery ! Held my husband tight and cried. Told him I was nervous. He said he was as well. I know I am doing the right thing it is just the fear of the unknown! The fear of being the 1% that something may go wrong. But I am a firm believer in thy will be done and have left it up to the hands of God. I wish my fellow Dec 9th sleevers good luck and a speedy recovery! Carrie

My surgery is Tuesday 12/10 and I'm extremely nervous too. Additionally not looking forward to 2 weeks on liquids post op. The shakes make me gag and I've tried many kinds. Also I tried my chewable vitamins, Calcium and Vitamin D and they all suck. Can't image chewing those nasty things for the rest of my life.

I'm second guessing my decision tonight but know I need to do this.

I'm going in tomorrow too. Have to be there at 5am. Hope my surgeon gets a good nights sleep. See you all in a few days. :-)

Another dec 9th sleever here! Start my week of liquids tomorrow....kind of looking forward to it, but getting super anxious about the big day. How's everyone handling the anxiety?<br> Good luck all!

Super Nervous!

I am hitting a wall with this preop diet, i need food lol. still 7 days out...

7days until ur surgery??? Or 7 since u started?