Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Am I Going To Be Able To See My Progress?

I had surgery not too long ago, and since I started pre-op I've lost 32 pounds, which is great, really, but I'm still wearing the exact same clothes as before. I still look exactly the same. They aren't even loose! And they weren't tight at all before I lost the weight either. Earlier today I tried on a bunch of pants that I thought might fit me b/c they allllllllmost did before surgery.

NOPE.

I'm just gonna go curl up in a dark hole now.

Girl you better not!

Listen a lot of us had to lose fifty or more pounds before we or others noticed! You are on a long wonderful journey to a healthier you, it will take time though...

Don't make me break out crap like

"we didn't get fat in a day it's going to take time to lose it" :D

I just hit 65 pound loss and I am now just noticing my clothes are loose. I was right there with you. Don't give up it will happen!

I lost 32 lbs and didn't go down a size either... A week and a half later, still down 32lbs but dropped from 18/20 to loose 16. Go figure. Hand it there, loss is a mathematical certainty with such reduced calorie reduction.

Don't even sweat it girl I had to drop 50+ to go from a 22 to 20 then I dropped 20lb and went to a size 18. Everyone is different and pretty soon you to will be shopping for new smaller jeans.

It's frustrating! I agree! I've lost 55 pounds & just now am moving down from an 18 to a 16. It helps to know others have found the same thing.

My brother (the Smarty Pants doctor) offered me some great insight when I was venting to him about the same thing. He said to keep in mind that we all probably have a good bit of fat between our organs and we could be losing that. And that's the fat you want gone because it's best for you long term health.

It eased my mind a bit, so hope it helps you out too!

you might as well just give up.

At 213, I'm still in the 18 - 20 size. It all depends on body shape. I am apple shaped, big stomach, big butt, small extremities, so to say I look like a walking egg is an understatement. LOL So while the scale is going down, my appearance isn't. As someone above stated, the fat can be between organs, and with the majority of my fat being in my abdomen area, the explanation given by her "brother the doctor" appears to be on par as to why I'm losing at the scale, but not in appearance.

I'm OK with that because I'd rather lose the fat between organs which heightens heart attacks, first, and patiently wait on the surface fat to dissipate! If my appearance never changes, which I don't believe that would be the case, but if it doesn't, and that's a strong "IF", I would much rather it be fat lose from between my organs. At 35 lbs down, I see a slight difference, but upon first glance, I couldn't really tell, and boy.... when I sent the photo to my mom, I further deflated when she said she thought they were the same photo.

Then she tries to clear it up by saying, well... you put the "before" pic to the right, and normally, it should be to the left. Whatever, Mother! Two deflations in one day was more than enough for you to suck my morale, so I have had to encourage myself to pick my face back up. Anyway, I digress.... all in all, the key is to keep at it, be patient, and speak positive affirmations daily, sometimes more than once of day in order to counteract negative thoughts, or negative statements from others. WE CAN DO THIS, AND WE WILL!!!

KEEP THE FAITH AND MOST OF ALL.... THINK BEAUTIFUL!

med_gallery_184680_17805_176359.jpg

Completely the opposite. Losing fine on the scale, but losing size faster than before. Exercise! The good news is, a year from now, it will all even out!