Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2013 Sleevers Roll call!

Hi all,

Date of surgery 10.21.2013

SW 258

CW 239

Goal 150

I am a newbie, but I enjoy all of the information an support.

Sleeved on 10/15

Surgery Weight 245

Current Weight 222

Everything has gone really smooth-going to Doc tomorrow-this I will be able to start on regular food :)

10/24

5'7

Hw 292

Cw 250

Gw 145

Hey!!! Surgery 10/15..... Day of surgery 275..... Weight today 250

Weight in June when I started process 280 Sleeved October 07 weighed. 258.2 Current weight 238.4. Goal weight 140-150 Lowest I've been in 6+ years!!!

Went to see my surgeon today for my one month post op appointment. Cleared to eat all (appropriate) foods now... So nice to be able to eat those dry roasted edamame/almonds etc.- missed my crunch! I've been reaching my Protein goal each day, maybe not drinking as much Water as I should though- probably 40-50 oz per day. Once I hit my puréed stage, weight loss has been really slow. They suggested that I up my calories from 650-750 to closer to 1000 calories per day. First time a doctor told me to eat more calories! Kind of surreal, lol. We'll see if that works.

. Thanks for this info. I feel the same way - since puréed stage, weight loss slowed too. I go for one month appt. Friday.

I also was sleeved on 10/23/13. I am healing up well and going back to work this week. I am so grateful to be on the pureed phase! I started out at 311 and now I am 282. I only weigh myself on Wednesday mornings. I think to much scale hopping can be detrimental to your mind set. I try to follow the 10 Commandments of Bariatric Surgery and remember I am doing this to be healthier not a super model,,,lol.

What are the 10 commandments of Bariatric Surgery?

Had my 1month post op appt with my surgeon... Down 7lbs.. I really don't like purée and glad to see the end of that phase! On to soft foods. Yippee!

Now to work on getting Protein in! Always work! Somehow I now have low blood pressure..and need to incorporate salt into my life! Whatever it takes!

I am 6 weeks out. Down 19 lbs since VSG.

Trying to get to 20.

I am not understanding my assignments. Meeting with Nut on Monday. Trying to get it right before thanksgiving.

I am supposed to be in purée or mush stage. But there are no puréed on the sample Menus they gave me.

Just doing common sense things.

Why are you still purée 8 weeks out???

I'm having trouble being hungry ALL THE TIME! I was expecting the "hunger" portion of my stomach to be gone, but I friggin stay hungry. I try to curb it with Water and sugar free popcicles, but this mess is hard!

I feel fine and I'm doing so well with the healing that my dr even released me to exercise. I started today. I'm hoping that exercise will help kill the hunger?

suggestions? solutions?

I have been having the same problem all along. Most people told me that once I'm on solids that I will actually feel full. Well, I had some chicken last night, and I can actually say for the first time, I was uncomfortably full. I know I shouldn't have eaten enough to become uncomfortably full, but it was a good lesson for me knowing that I am not still a bottomless pit like I used to be. :) Being on fluids and baby foods for so long, I felt like I could still eat "anything". At least now I know that I can't. My tummy still hurts this morning, so all I'm doing is drinking water.

I'm really discouraged because I'm 1 month out and I've been stalled... I actually just gained 2 lbs. But, I'm hoping it's hormones and I'm going to get my period. I'm so irregular, that I never know when it's coming! I just had hoped it would continue to fall off. I'm not giving up of course... I would just like to see some movement on the scale. It's discouraging to have it go in the wrong direction, even if it is hormone related. :\

Hi! I am one month out from surgery.

Surgery date: 10/22/13
Highest weight: 272
Surgery weight: 252
Current weight: 242 1 month out

Pre op diseases: Diabetes II, Gout, Hypertension, High Cholesterol and sleep Apnea

Post op meds: Down to 1/2 of all medication amounts and should be medication free in another month, except Gout!

I have been struggling to get all my food in. I only seem to be able to get in 1oz of chicken or fish and then I feel like I have to throw up! On two occasions I got 2 oz of protien in but am getting really sick of protien drinks and yogurt. eggs make me sick as well. Anyone have suggestions. I take all my Vitamins and have been getting my protien by protien shots from Sunkist (27g) per shot.