Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2013 Sleevers Roll call!

<p>Hi! I am one month out from surgery. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Surgery date: 10/22/13<br>

Highest weight: 272<br>

Surgery weight: 252<br>

Current weight: 242 1 month out</p>

<p>Pre op diseases: Diabetes II, Gout, Hypertension, High Cholesterol and sleep Apnea</p>

<p>Post op meds: Down to 1/2 of all medication amounts and should be medication free in another month, except Gout!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I have been struggling to get all my food in. I only seem to be able to get in 1oz of chicken or fish and then I feel like I have to throw up! On two occasions I got 2 oz of protien in but am getting really sick of protien drinks and yogurt. eggs make me sick as well. Anyone have suggestions. I take all my Vitamins and have been getting my protien by protien shots from Sunkist (27g) per shot. </p>

What are sunkist Protein Shots?

Sleeved on 10/29/1013

HW 358

SW 348

CW 322

Looking forward to pureed food on 11/26/2013 :D Everything is going better than I expected with the exception of an unexpected bout of Constipation two nights ago. Don't ever want that to happen again! LOL

:D

Sleeved on 10/29/1013

HW 358

SW 348

CW 322

Looking forward to pureed food on 11/26/2013 :D Everything is going better than I expected with the exception of an unexpected bout of Constipation two nights ago. Don't ever want that to happen again! LOL

Sleeved on 10/29/1013

HW 358

SW 348

CW 322

Sleeved on 10/29/1013

HW 358

SW 348

CW 322

Sorry ya'll! Guess I got happy with the submit button,,,,oops!

Sunkist Protien Shots are 27g of protien in like a fruit flavored Syrup, kinda like that 5 hour energy stuff! I used them a lot my first week to get all my protien. There are berry and Orange. I seemed to tolerate the Orange the best. Don't do one all at once but break it up into like 3 shots or so. I got them at either the Vitamin Shop or another site online. Just put in Sunkist protien shots and you should be able to find them.

Went to 1 month check-up today. Never thought I would ever hear I am not eating enough food! Need about 500 more calories a day. Also eating way too fast! Guess this is a learning experience. Doctor said I am learning to eat healthy now so in the future when I don't feel sick to my stomach to tell me I am eating too much I will already have it down! Excited to be able to have cheese and crackers soon! Happy Holidays to all of you!

have been struggling to get all my food in. I only seem to be able to get in 1oz of chicken or fish and then I feel like I have to throw up! On two occasions I got 2 oz of protien in but am getting really sick of protien drinks and yogurt. eggs make me sick as well. Anyone have suggestions. I take all my Vitamins and have been getting my protien by protien shots from Sunkist (27g) per shot.

I looked up those Protein Shots, and I'm going to have to get those! I am very naughty and don't meet my Protein requirements regularly... I just can't seem to eat enough. The only way I can meet it is with Protein Shakes but I am so over those right now! Everything I mention below I'm allowed to have, so it will depend on whether you can or not...

My favorite "treat" is half of a banana (a smallish banana) with a tbsp of Peanut Butter on it.

I also really love oatmeal, so I get the low sugar/weight loss kind and put a little unflavored Protein Powder in it. Otherwise it will taste weird if I put too much in!

Canned chicken & tuna seem to go down well also, but I can't eat too much. I make chicken or tuna "salad" with fat-free mayo and some onion powder. Once I'm allowed I'll add celery. I find I'm so hungry for protein I don't even miss the bread.

I love egg beaters all egg whites with fat free cheese and mild salsa... plain eggs would probably make me sick! I also put some garlic powder and paprika in the eggs to jazz them up and take some of the "egginess" away. :)

Bonnie, you can always add celery powder too. That is my plan once I hit the pureed stage, which is this thursday!

Sleeved on 10/18/13

Highest weight - 220.4

Day of Surgery - 202.5

Current Weight - 184.5

Weight loss is slowing down but it's to be expected. Just got back from a week of business travel and seemed to manage it just fine....love my sleeve!

10/24/13

Hw 292

Sw 274

Cw 245

Had my 28 day check up today! Here are my Stats: Sleeved 10/30

HW: 250

SW: 241

CW: 229

I feel good except every time I drink or eat I get gas bubbles that come up and feel like they sit in my chest...like I need to burp but it just isn't enough to make it happen. Anyone else? My surgeon said he thought that may be from the swelling I still have. If it does not resolve he will have me do a "swallow" and see what it is.