Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some pics of me now

Great job

I'm happy for you!

Hey Junies :) Marci here! New to this thread!

Was sleeved on the 19th of June , 2013. So far I have lost 96 lb . My surgery weight was 287 lb, my current weight is 191 lb and I'm 5'9" tall . I still haven't reached my goal of 165 lbs.

I've been at the same weight for 2 months now and I find it so difficult to shift these last few pounds :)

Don't get me wrong, I feel fantastic and if I'll stay at this current weight all my life , I'll be very very happy. I just.. Wanted to reach my goal. I would love to have a baby and I was thinking, the lighter I get, the better, so I can allow myself wiggle room if I ever get pregnant . And I really know there's plenty of time to reach goal, we're only 10 months post op but I just feel a bit discouraged.

In all honesty I haven't worked out until 8 months post op, because the weight was melting off me anyhow and I was still a lazy bum :) however I've been working out for the last 2 months (not as much as I'd like but I did ( I have an elliptical at home, some weight training, etc) the scale just won't budge , and yes, I know, you gain muscle and you lose fat and inches but no pounds. It's just...I'm gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over.

I'm very careful with what I eat (most of the time) and don't go over 1200 kcal a day . I know some people eat 800 kcal but that would not satisfy me anymore, especially when I'm burning 1000 kcal on the elliptical machine :) I use My Fitness Pal daily and log in all my food (even though I hate it with a passion), to hold myself accountable and I rarely go over 1200 Kcal.

It feels like my body got cozy and comfortable at this weight and don't wanna leave hehe. But fingers crossed , something will happen.

How about everyone else? How are you all doing at 10 months post op? What's your food intake? Are you all hungry almost all the time like myself? Do you work out and if you do, What's your workout like? Anybody else having difficulty losing lately? Would love to hear from you.

I know there's a lot of pages in this thread, and once I get some time, I'll go through them, but they date back to surgery and I would love to see how the people are getting on now :) hope everyone's is great!

I'll be attaching a before and after with myself as well x hope to her from you soon x

Respectfully,

Another June sleever <3

post-179876-0-94972800-1397400211_thumb.jpg

Hey Junies :) Marci here! New to this thread! <br> Was sleeved on the 19th of June , 2013. So far I have lost 96 lb . My surgery weight was 287 lb, my current weight is 191 lb and I'm 5'9" tall . I still haven't reached my goal of 165 lbs. <br> I've been at the same weight for 2 months now and I find it so difficult to shift these last few pounds :) <br> Don't get me wrong, I feel fantastic and if I'll stay at this current weight all my life , I'll be very very happy. I just.. Wanted to reach my goal. I would love to have a baby and I was thinking, the lighter I get, the better, so I can allow myself wiggle room if I ever get pregnant . And I really know there's plenty of time to reach goal, we're only 10 months post op but I just feel a bit discouraged.<br> In all honesty I haven't worked out until 8 months post op, because the weight was melting off me anyhow and I was still a lazy bum :) however I've been working out for the last 2 months (not as much as I'd like but I did ( I have an elliptical at home, some weight training, etc) the scale just won't budge , and yes, I know, you gain muscle and you lose fat and inches but no pounds. It's just...I'm gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over.<br> I'm very careful with what I eat (most of the time) and don't go over 1200 kcal a day . I know some people eat 800 kcal but that would not satisfy me anymore, especially when I'm burning 1000 kcal on the elliptical machine :) I use My Fitness Pal daily and log in all my food (even though I hate it with a passion), to hold myself accountable and I rarely go over 1200 Kcal. <br> It feels like my body got cozy and comfortable at this weight and don't wanna leave hehe. But fingers crossed , something will happen.<br> How about everyone else? How are you all doing at 10 months post op? What's your food intake? Are you all hungry almost all the time like myself? Do you work out and if you do, What's your workout like? Anybody else having difficulty losing lately? Would love to hear from you.<br> I know there's a lot of pages in this thread, and once I get some time, I'll go through them, but they date back to surgery and I would love to see how the people are getting on now :) hope everyone's is great!<br> I'll be attaching a before and after with myself as well x hope to her from you soon x<br> Respectfully, <br> Another June sleever <3<br><br>

Welcome! We were sleeved the same day! Hang in there your looking good! Just keep up what your doing and you will be fine!, some just take a little longer on weight loss than others. This is what i do, I log everything i eat on MyFitnessPal , it can range from anywhere from 800-1600 calories a day. Make sure you don't miss no meals, in between meals at time 2 hrs later from my last meal I ate I will have a Protein Drink or a cup of no fat milk. It helps keep the metabolism going where you will burn more calories/fat. I have to remind myself too that my weight wasn't put on overnight . If your not losing weight your losing girth, make sure your drinking more than plenty of Water. At time after I went on a 20 mile bike ride, then walk 5 miles that day only to be disappointed with a 4lb gain. But at the end of that week i will lose that plus a pound. I try to eat like they say a 1/2 cup but there are days I ate 3 cups ( chili) but my Calories was around 1400 for the day. There has been 1 day a week I ate over 1600 but I get back on track because I exercise every day. I don't count things like push mowing the lawn etc etc, i only count when i go speed walking or bike riding. I do not deduct that from what i ate, i go only by what passes through my lips. I still battle food binges from time to time cause Im a food addict, Im getting better on that and its starting to show. I may not hit my goal weight of 220 ( Doctor thinks I have way to much muscle) but I weigh now 247lbs at 6'5, if I don't ever lose another pound I will be so happy still, that I don't weigh 478lbs anymore. Hang in there go to a support group meetings as much as you can and enjoy life!

Hey Junies :) Marci here! New to this thread!

Was sleeved on the 19th of June , 2013. So far I have lost 96 lb . My surgery weight was 287 lb, my current weight is 191 lb and I'm 5'9" tall . I still haven't reached my goal of 165 lbs.

I've been at the same weight for 2 months now and I find it so difficult to shift these last few pounds :)

Don't get me wrong, I feel fantastic and if I'll stay at this current weight all my life , I'll be very very happy. I just.. Wanted to reach my goal. I would love to have a baby and I was thinking, the lighter I get, the better, so I can allow myself wiggle room if I ever get pregnant . And I really know there's plenty of time to reach goal, we're only 10 months post op but I just feel a bit discouraged.

In all honesty I haven't worked out until 8 months post op, because the weight was melting off me anyhow and I was still a lazy bum :) however I've been working out for the last 2 months (not as much as I'd like but I did ( I have an elliptical at home, some weight training, etc) the scale just won't budge , and yes, I know, you gain muscle and you lose fat and inches but no pounds. It's just...I'm gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over.

I'm very careful with what I eat (most of the time) and don't go over 1200 kcal a day . I know some people eat 800 kcal but that would not satisfy me anymore, especially when I'm burning 1000 kcal on the elliptical machine :) I use My Fitness Pal daily and log in all my food (even though I hate it with a passion), to hold myself accountable and I rarely go over 1200 Kcal.

It feels like my body got cozy and comfortable at this weight and don't wanna leave hehe. But fingers crossed , something will happen.

How about everyone else? How are you all doing at 10 months post op? What's your food intake? Are you all hungry almost all the time like myself? Do you work out and if you do, What's your workout like? Anybody else having difficulty losing lately? Would love to hear from you.

I know there's a lot of pages in this thread, and once I get some time, I'll go through them, but they date back to surgery and I would love to see how the people are getting on now :) hope everyone's is great!

I'll be attaching a before and after with myself as well x hope to her from you soon x

Respectfully,

Another June sleever <3

Hi! I am an RNY patient, so a little different, but this is a great group. My surgery was June 25, 2013. I am just over 9 months and have lost 180 pounds. I try to vary my workouts a lot and belong to the YMCA so that helps a lot. Here is what my week is like, Sunday: treadmill or elliptical; Monday: Zumba; Tuesday: walk; Wednesday: walk; Thursday: Zumba; Friday: Body Pump; and Saturday: Turbo Kick. I actually normally walk at least 5000 steps every day. I have a Fit Bit that helps me track this. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Saturday are my high aerobics days and I try to make sure I get over 10,000 steps on those days.

Eating wise, I also track everything on MyFitnessPal.com. I normally eat between 700 - 800 calories each day. Weight loss does seem to be slowing, but I believe that I am still losing. I have reached the goal I set for myself when I began this journey. Recently I have decided to lose another 20 pounds which will put my BMI in the normal range.

I drink a lot of Water (100 ounces per day) and believe that is why I don't struggle quite as much with feeling hungry. I get about 85 grams of Protein each day. Most importantly I feel fantastic, so it makes EVERYTHING else worth it! Hope this was helpful!

Carol

Congratulations! Following our dreams is so important. You look gorgeous but more importantly you look happy. I'm thrilled for you! :)

Thank you so much.

Very very happy for you rocking the rny beautiful lady! congratulations and love life. im impressed you made the career change . its all about inner happiness

Yes it is, thank you so much...I'm very happy.

To piggy back yocolefleets post, I interviewed last week for a position at mayo Clinic doing something completely different than what I've done for the last 20 years of my career. I am excited, nervous and really proud of myself for taking the chance. A year ago, I wouldn't have had the confidence to make a move like this. I made it to the second round of interviews on Friday meeting with the physicians associated with this particular program and they all went well. In fact two of the doctors said, "I look forward to working with you". I should find out next week or the following. If I don't get the job, I am still happy because I made the step. I'm very comfortable in my current role and trying for something so different is very exciting! So YoColeFleet, we are sisters in recognizing our inner strength and following dreams. P.s. I just love your short hair! it is so cute on you. Very Halley berry. ;)

Awww, good for you, I hope you receive all that's due to you and some...it's about living the rest of our lives in peace and happiness, we have been Blessed with a new way of life, so I say do what pleases your heart, I love your story. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey Junies :) Marci here! New to this thread! Was sleeved on the 19th of June , 2013. So far I have lost 96 lb . My surgery weight was 287 lb, my current weight is 191 lb and I'm 5'9" tall . I still haven't reached my goal of 165 lbs. I've been at the same weight for 2 months now and I find it so difficult to shift these last few pounds :) Don't get me wrong, I feel fantastic and if I'll stay at this current weight all my life , I'll be very very happy. I just.. Wanted to reach my goal. I would love to have a baby and I was thinking, the lighter I get, the better, so I can allow myself wiggle room if I ever get pregnant . And I really know there's plenty of time to reach goal, we're only 10 months post op but I just feel a bit discouraged. In all honesty I haven't worked out until 8 months post op, because the weight was melting off me anyhow and I was still a lazy bum :) however I've been working out for the last 2 months (not as much as I'd like but I did ( I have an elliptical at home, some weight training, etc) the scale just won't budge , and yes, I know, you gain muscle and you lose fat and inches but no pounds. It's just...I'm gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over. I'm very careful with what I eat (most of the time) and don't go over 1200 kcal a day . I know some people eat 800 kcal but that would not satisfy me anymore, especially when I'm burning 1000 kcal on the elliptical machine :) I use My Fitness Pal daily and log in all my food (even though I hate it with a passion), to hold myself accountable and I rarely go over 1200 Kcal. It feels like my body got cozy and comfortable at this weight and don't wanna leave hehe. But fingers crossed , something will happen. How about everyone else? How are you all doing at 10 months post op? What's your food intake? Are you all hungry almost all the time like myself? Do you work out and if you do, What's your workout like? Anybody else having difficulty losing lately? Would love to hear from you. I know there's a lot of pages in this thread, and once I get some time, I'll go through them, but they date back to surgery and I would love to see how the people are getting on now :) hope everyone's is great! I'll be attaching a before and after with myself as well x hope to her from you soon x Respectfully, Another June sleever <3

You look great, don't worry, you're not done with losing, I've been at a stand still for months, however, I seem to be losing inches. Good luck.

Awww, good for you, I hope you receive all that's due to you and some...it's about living the rest of our lives in peace and happiness, we have been Blessed with a new way of life, so I say do what pleases your heart, I love your story. Good luck and keep us posted.

Well, I got the job!!! Having had such a rough three months, getting the call with the offer today really made my day. I am 100% sure my newfound confidence is from the weight loss. I finally feel like ny outside matches my inside. I have always been a positive person but now I have confidence too. :)

Well, I got the job!!! Having had such a rough three months, getting the call with the offer today really made my day. I am 100% sure my newfound confidence is from the weight loss. I finally feel like ny outside matches my inside. I have always been a positive person but now I have confidence too. :)

WAY TO GO!!!! I have been thinking about you and wondering, so thanks for letting us know. I feel exactly the same way about the confidence. It's nice to know if somebody is looking at you it's not because your the largest person in the room!

WAY TO GO!!!! I have been thinking about you and wondering, so thanks for letting us know. I feel exactly the same way about the confidence. It's nice to know if somebody is looking at you it's not because your the largest person in the room!

Thank you! I'm so excited for this new chapter in my life. I'm going to treat myself to a gel manicure this weekend. I've never had one before and have short nails. Anyone get them? They look pretty and last a couple week's.

Thank you! I'm so excited for this new chapter in my life. I'm going to treat myself to a gel manicure this weekend. I've never had one before and have short nails. Anyone get them? They look pretty and last a couple week's.

I have several. They are GREAT. I am also getting one this weekend, I am going to try a French. Mine last a good three weeks. The only down side is that they are really hard on your nails, so once you take it off you will have very fragile nails. The polish itself is also very difficult to remove when the time comes, takes patience.

I have several. They are GREAT. I am also getting one this weekend, I am going to try a French. Mine last a good three weeks. The only down side is that they are really hard on your nails, so once you take it off you will have very fragile nails. The polish itself is also very difficult to remove when the time comes, takes patience.

I am between a french or a pretty pink. My nails are pretty short do you think a french would work? I am going to do gel shellac. Nails are crap now so what can it hurt?

post-198162-0-80336300-1397703353_thumb.png

[ATTACH]43556[/ATTACH]

I am between a french or a pretty pink. My nails are pretty short do you think a french would work? I am going to do gel shellac. Nails are crap now so what can it hurt?

A French can give you the illusion of longer nails. This is the first time I am getting a French, but they last so long and a French matches anything you are wearing. I last had one from the holidays through Valentine's Day (actually two). I had red then because it was the color I was wearing a lot that time of the year. Now the color I wear changes a lot, so I want something more neutral.