Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been inspired by all of you to start working out. I've gotten down 109 pounds and feel amazing but tired all the time. All this time I haven't worked out at all and have been feeling like a slacker compared to all you guys! I guess my weight watcher mentality of whatever you do to lose it you will have to do to keep it off won out and I wanted to see how much I could lose just from the change in eating. Even with food I've eaten what I wanted/could I have the occassional onion ring and french fries but of course nowhere near how I used to eat that stuff. I always hated working out because I was so aware of being the fat one in the room. But today I took a big step foward & I'm really proud of myself. I went to a body pump class at my gym - it's strength training. I really loved it and couldn't beleive how easy it was for me. I guess not having that extra hundred pounds to move around makes a big difference. So, I've decided this will be the week I get going and start toning up. I'm wondering what you guys eat to compensate for all the work outs? I typically have yogurt & granola for Breakfast & at lunch have either a salad or weight watchers frozen pizza and then dinner is usually some sort of healthy stir fry no rice or Pasta since I just can't take that. I guess I'm looking for suggestions on what tweeks I'll need to make to my diet to compensate for the working out. I can't process egg so that is one protien that is out for me. Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone. I have been obsessing and killing myself working out everyday and counting the calories etc. But you are all correct, I just need to take a step back and calm down. Look how far we have all come and be proud! And I ordered that swimsuit on Amazon for like $40 and just prayed it would look good! I also found another one that is the pin up girl style for $6 !!! I couldn't resist. We just bought a beach house where I hope to be spending some time this summer. I didn't want to spend a hundred dollars on a ladies swimsuit that I may only be able to wear a few times with how often our bodies change. Thanks everyone for being my voice of reason!

Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone. I have been obsessing and killing myself working out everyday and counting the calories etc. But you are all correct, I just need to take a step back and calm down. Look how far we have all come and be proud! And I ordered that swimsuit on Amazon for like $40 and just prayed it would look good! I also found another one that is the pin up girl style for $6 !!! I couldn't resist. We just bought a beach house where I hope to be spending some time this summer. I didn't want to spend a hundred dollars on a ladies swimsuit that I may only be able to wear a few times with how often our bodies change. Thanks everyone for being my voice of reason!

Very smart on the suit!! I too live at the beach and spend a lot of time outdoors. This is going to be the first summer for me since my 20s where I feel comfortable being out there. I won't go in the Water until June (I'm a cold water weenie, even in fl) but I sat out there yesterday and read my book and it was wobderful.

<p>I've been inspired by all of you to start working out. I've gotten down 109 pounds and feel amazing but tired all the time. All this time I haven't worked out at all and have been feeling like a slacker compared to all you guys! I guess my weight watcher mentality of whatever you do to lose it you will have to do to keep it off won out and I wanted to see how much I could lose just from the change in eating. Even with food I've eaten what I wanted/could I have the occassional onion ring and french fries but of course nowhere near how I used to eat that stuff. I always hated working out because I was so aware of being the fat one in the room. But today I took a big step foward & I'm really proud of myself. I went to a body pump class at my gym - it's strength training. I really loved it and couldn't beleive how easy it was for me. I guess not having that extra hundred pounds to move around makes a big difference. So, I've decided this will be the week I get going and start toning up. I'm wondering what you guys eat to compensate for all the work outs? I typically have yogurt & granola for breakfast & at lunch have either a salad or weight watchers frozen pizza and then dinner is usually some sort of healthy stir fry no rice or Pasta since I just can't take that. I guess I'm looking for suggestions on what tweeks I'll need to make to my diet to compensate for the working out. I can't process egg so that is one protien that is out for me. Thanks in advance :)</p>

Monica congrats on the gym class! I was amazed the first time I tried jogging and could do it! It's amazing what losing that extra weight can do and it makes me wonder how we carried it around all that time. As far as compensating for working out in my diet, I still drink at least 2 Protein Shakes everyday so I make sure to drink and extra one on the 4-5 days a week that I intensely work out. I always go to meat as my source of lean high protein...a can of tuna has about 20g of Protein, as well as a couple oz of chicken, steak or fish all 20 plus grams. I found these 4 oz filet mignon steak cuts, individually wrapped at Walmart for about 5 dollars a piece and they are perfect. Hope this helps! And sorry you can't eat eggs! I love them.

Hi Monica,

I don't compensate by eating more when I work out. I still stick to my plan and get about 85 g of Protein in a day and I keep my calories between 700 and 800 a day, actual food, not minus exercise. I have had a couple days when my activity level has been unusually high, if that happens I will have an 80 calorie Greek Yogurt, but I really try to avoid that. Good luck!

Carol

Hey guys it's been awhile just wanted give an update. I'm feeling greT and couldn't be better. I'm just loving life more and more. I've lost what I've wanted I've been staying away from the weigher and just trying to maintain now.. Last time I weighed myself I was 145lbs. With a total lose of 130lbs. Woohoo!!!

post-191692-0-22089800-1396902521_thumb.jpg

Before n after

post-191692-0-45974800-1396902552_thumb.jpg

This past weekend

post-191692-0-56156900-1396902593_thumb.jpg

Pre op - 275lbs.

Surgery day June 24th, 2013 - 258lbs.

Post op currently 145lbs.

Okay junies, I have to vent! I'm so frustrated right now. I have increased my Water and Fluid intake as well as my Protein to around if not over 100 grams/oz a day. I have also been power walking/jogging 2 miles 4-5 days a week. I have not lost anything. So irritating. I started doing weight loss yoga today so maybe that will kick something into gear! I know I'm toning and building lean muscle mass but I still want the scale to move!!! Im so close!Any other suggestions would be great. Think skinny thoughts!lol. I am 186 as of now and would like to be at least to 158 by my I year surgery date June 19. Which will put me at 100lbs in a year and 170 lbs from my highest. Oh and I got brave and bought a swimsuit too ladies!

you look wonderful, cute in the face and small in the waist, lol

Hey guys it's been awhile just wanted give an update. I'm feeling greT and couldn't be better. I'm just loving life more and more. I've lost what I've wanted I've been staying away from the weigher and just trying to maintain now.. Last time I weighed myself I was 145lbs. With a total lose of 130lbs. Woohoo!!!

Before n after

This past weekend

Pre op - 275lbs.

Surgery day June 24th, 2013 - 258lbs.

Post op currently 145lbs.

Wowzers!!! You look great!!!!

post-191653-0-85145800-1396928747_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]43241[/ATTACH]

Hi all,

My hubby just made a before and now picture for me and I thought I would try to share it with you. I have never tried to add photos before so I hope it works.

Hi Monica, I don't compensate by eating more when I work out. I still stick to my plan and get about 85 g of Protein in a day and I keep my calories between 700 and 800 a day, actual food, not minus exercise. I have had a couple days when my activity level has been unusually high, if that happens I will have an 80 calorie Greek Yogurt, but I really try to avoid that. Good luck! Carol

Can I ask if you eat 700-800 food only not counting your Protein Shakes?

Hi all,

My hubby just made a before and now picture for me and I thought I would try to share it with you. I have never tried to add photos before so I hope it works.

WOW!! Great pic! You look fantastic! Making a photo like that is on my list of things to do.

Hey there fellow Junies

You all have been busy! I feel off track for a month! Stupid stall plate head games with me! Back on track now and sitting pretty at 202.4

So close to onederland I can almost taste it!

I haven't been in onederland since high school.

I'm doing my first 5k this Saturday for in honor of my brother for autism awareness!

Hey there fellow Junies

You all have been busy! I feel off track for a month! Stupid stall plate head games with me! Back on track now and sitting pretty at 202.4

So close to onederland I can almost taste it!

I haven't been in onederland since high school.

I'm doing my first 5k this Saturday for in honor of my brother for autism awareness!

I will be cheering you on virtually! I'm so proud of you!!

Hey there fellow Junies You all have been busy! I feel off track for a month! Stupid stall plate head games with me! Back on track now and sitting pretty at 202.4 So close to onederland I can almost taste it! I haven't been in onederland since high school. I'm doing my first 5k this Saturday for in honor of my brother for autism awareness!

I have been in a stall since late December. I have got to find a way to get past all the old fears jumping in my head. It's at those times, I want to eat everything I shouldn't! I keep reading where lots of people are near their goal, and I still have at least 25 pounds to go. It's frustrating. I am hoping that I can say I am back on track soon.

Head games are the worst! Thanks for helping me see that I am not alone.

Cute suit! where did you get it?

Okay junies, I have to vent! I'm so frustrated right now. I have increased my Water and Fluid intake as well as my Protein to around if not over 100 grams/oz a day. I have also been power walking/jogging 2 miles 4-5 days a week. I have not lost anything. So irritating. I started doing weight loss yoga today so maybe that will kick something into gear! I know I'm toning and building lean muscle mass but I still want the scale to move!!! Im so close!Any other suggestions would be great. Think skinny thoughts!lol. I am 186 as of now and would like to be at least to 158 by my I year surgery date June 19. Which will put me at 100lbs in a year and 170 lbs from my highest. Oh and I got brave and bought a swimsuit too ladies!