Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having a rough weekend. My mom was put into a nursing home a week ago because my dad can't lift her. She is 325 lbs and 6' tall and he's only 150. She can't walk and her kidneys are not functioning well. I called to check on her yesterday and she was really weak and sounded loaded with Water. Come to find out she is 45 lbs up from last week and it is all water. I just got off of the phone with her dr and he has catheterized her and increased her lasix. I live 7 hours away and am a nervous wreck. I am so glad I had this surgery. I vow I will never again be so big I wish she could have had it done because all of her health issues are weight related. Being fat sucks and hurts not just us but those around us. We all need to remember why we had this surgery and the gift we have been given.

Please send up a prayer for my mom and our family. My parents have been married 54 years and my dad is having a rough time admitting he can't take care of her. I adore my mom and hope I am half the woman she is in spirit.

I am praying for you and your parents. I lost my dad at the age of 86 just this past March on Easter weekend. My parents would have been married 50 years on June 1. He lived in an assisted living for his last year. His issues were not weight related, but it became impossible for my mother to care for him and it just was not safe for him to be home. It is a very difficult thing for family to go through. Please remember to take care of yourself.

Carol

I'm having a rough weekend. My mom was put into a nursing home a week ago because my dad can't lift her. She is 325 lbs and 6' tall and he's only 150. She can't walk and her kidneys are not functioning well. I called to check on her yesterday and she was really weak and sounded loaded with Water. Come to find out she is 45 lbs up from last week and it is all water. I just got off of the phone with her dr and he has catheterized her and increased her lasix. I live 7 hours away and am a nervous wreck. I am so glad I had this surgery. I vow I will never again be so big I wish she could have had it done because all of her health issues are weight related. Being fat sucks and hurts not just us but those around us. We all need to remember why we had this surgery and the gift we have been given. Please send up a prayer for my mom and our family. My parents have been married 54 years and my dad is having a rough time admitting he can't take care of her. I adore my mom and hope I am half the woman she is in spirit.

Im praying for you and your parents, I pray God heal your parents, build them up, make them wrong where they are weak, continue to Bless their union, in Jesus name Amen.

I haven't been on here in awhile. I missed reading all of your posts. I hope you are all doing well. Have a great Sunday!

I'm having a rough weekend. My mom was put into a nursing home a week ago because my dad can't lift her. She is 325 lbs and 6' tall and he's only 150. She can't walk and her kidneys are not functioning well. I called to check on her yesterday and she was really weak and sounded loaded with Water. Come to find out she is 45 lbs up from last week and it is all water. I just got off of the phone with her dr and he has catheterized her and increased her lasix. I live 7 hours away and am a nervous wreck. I am so glad I had this surgery. I vow I will never again be so big I wish she could have had it done because all of her health issues are weight related. Being fat sucks and hurts not just us but those around us. We all need to remember why we had this surgery and the gift we have been given. Please send up a prayer for my mom and our family. My parents have been married 54 years and my dad is having a rough time admitting he can't take care of her. I adore my mom and hope I am half the woman she is in spirit.

Big hugs for you and prayers. Know that this is the kindest most healthful thing your dad could have done for your mom. It was too dangerous for both of them for her to be left at home. She's in the safest place possible. And this will never happen to you because your mom's experience is teaching you a valuable lesson about how you want to spend the rest of your life. I'm sure she is very proud of you. Hang in there.

I'm having a rough weekend. My mom was put into a nursing home a week ago because my dad can't lift her. She is 325 lbs and 6' tall and he's only 150. She can't walk and her kidneys are not functioning well. I called to check on her yesterday and she was really weak and sounded loaded with Water. Come to find out she is 45 lbs up from last week and it is all water. I just got off of the phone with her dr and he has catheterized her and increased her lasix. I live 7 hours away and am a nervous wreck. I am so glad I had this surgery. I vow I will never again be so big I wish she could have had it done because all of her health issues are weight related. Being fat sucks and hurts not just us but those around us. We all need to remember why we had this surgery and the gift we have been given.

Please send up a prayer for my mom and our family. My parents have been married 54 years and my dad is having a rough time admitting he can't take care of her. I adore my mom and hope I am half the woman she is in spirit.

Ill keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hey Now!

the majority of the Vitamins at CVS are currently buy one get one free! I stocked up and saved BIG.

Just thought this was worth sharing :-)

RJ

I am so sorry and got tears as I read this. One of the reasons I got RNY was because of my mom. Not just her weight but her lack of enjoying life and her mental health have both been an influence. Her weight ballooned along with mine but has not gone down. My dad still gives her things she should not have. We are still able to care for her at home but she is declining too fast. I can only hope to influence my parents diet with healthier options. God bless!

Thank you all for being so supportive. This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. My mom and I are so close, We've always teased that the umbilical cord never got cut. Watching a parent go through this is brutal. I wish she could have done something about her weight a long time ago and it is definitely is a reminder to me why I did this surgery.

Unfortunately, her kidney's are failing and she is in severe congestive heart failure. She has about 60lbs of extra Water on right now and only took 48 ounces off today. I am getting ready to drive down there because it doesn't look good; it is a 7 hour drive. I just feel sick right now with worry. The only positive I can take from all of this right now is I have not turned to food. I am not going to fall into old habits and sabotage myself because I am hurting. Food isn't the answer, I just have to keep telling myself that and let the feelings happen and deal with them directly.

I appreciate all of the prayers and have been asking Jesus to keep her in the palm of his hand and comfort her and let His will be done.

While I've never met any of you, I do truly appreciate your support and prayers - more than you'll ever know. I look forward to reading your success and sharing in your journey. For that, I want to thank you all - you've been good friends even if it is just virtual. Thank you.

I'm having a rough weekend. My mom was put into a nursing home a week ago because my dad can't lift her. She is 325 lbs and 6' tall and he's only 150. She can't walk and her kidneys are not functioning well. I called to check on her yesterday and she was really weak and sounded loaded with water. Come to find out she is 45 lbs up from last week and it is all water. I just got off of the phone with her dr and he has catheterized her and increased her lasix. I live 7 hours away and am a nervous wreck. I am so glad I had this surgery. I vow I will never again be so big I wish she could have had it done because all of her health issues are weight related. Being fat sucks and hurts not just us but those around us. We all need to remember why we had this surgery and the gift we have been given. Please send up a prayer for my mom and our family. My parents have been married 54 years and my dad is having a rough time admitting he can't take care of her. I adore my mom and hope I am half the woman she is in spirit.

I am so sorry and got tears as I read this. One of the reasons I got RNY was because of my mom. Not just her weight but her lack of enjoying life and her mental health have both been an influence. Her weight ballooned along with mine but has not gone down. My dad still gives her things she should not have. We are still able to care for her at home but she is declining too fast. I can only hope to influence my parents diet with healthier options. God bless!

Hello June Mates!

Stall finally broke!!!! lost 7more lbs total weight loss as of the AM 184 lbs ....yipee skippy :-)

If you are in the path of this Noreaster heading up the east coast. shop early today it going to be a big one! stock up on your protien.

Have a wonderful day all you skinny Ladies & Gents

Peace out!

RJ

Hello June Mates!

Stall finally broke!!!! lost 7more lbs total weight loss as of the AM 184 lbs ....yipee skippy :-)

If you are in the path of this Noreaster heading up the east coast. shop early today it going to be a big one! stock up on your protien.

Peace out!

RJ

CONGRATS RJ!! The scale has been moving for me as well. I was at a new low this morning. Hooray! Stay safe!

Carol

Hello June Mates!

Peace out!

RJ

CONGRATS RJ!! The scale has been moving for me as well. I was at a new low this morning. Hooray! Stay safe!

Carol

Hello June Mates! Stall finally broke!!!! lost 7more lbs total weight loss as of the AM 184 lbs ....yipee skippy :-) If you are in the path of this Noreaster heading up the east coast. shop early today it going to be a big one! stock up on your protien. Have a wonderful day all you skinny Ladies & Gents Peace out! RJ

Awesome RJ you rock how long was your stall?

184 woohoo!

Carol

way to go carol!

Awesome RJ you rock how long was your stall?

184 woohoo!

almost 4 weeks....uggggh but its over. now its onwards and upwards ( motion , NOT WEIGHT ) have a great day D