Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Kat-I am so sorry that you are hurting!! Surely one of the antibiotics will knock it!! Congrats on the NSV!!

Pamela-I loved the show the other night! I am sad that it is almost over too but on the upside, I am a survivor freak too so I will have that to take up my BB space in my heart! :car: Congrats on the -6. That is great and I think you are doing fantastic. Slow & steady is right!

Jenn-Keep the faith sister...all will be well soon!

The storm went to the east of us. Galveston (where I work) got 5 more inches of rain, but it is all good this morning for me to go back to work. The turn made it go straight to my moms house...I have not spoke with her yet but I will call her as soon as I think she is awake. She probably already is, but I don't wanna take the chance of waking her because she was probably up all night worried. I watched the news and they said that alot of people are out of power this morning and trees are in the streets, but so far they do not see any major structural damage...thank GOD.

Well, I need to run. Take care everyone and have a great day!!

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

Kat -- good thoughts for you & your mouth... it sounds so painful & frustrating!

TracyK -- I noticed the "203"... I'm excited for you! You're so close!

Pam -- Fantastic about the -6!! Now that you're back in your regular routine, I bet you'll be able to make great progress! Spontentaity (sp?) is great, but I love routine for wt loss!

TracyKS -- For us East Coasters... what is Awana (sp?) (why can't I spell today??) I'm guessing a camp or something??

Janie -- There must've been something wrong w/the sizing!! No matter what the size, it's alwys nice to have new clothes!!

Jen -- What good does all this worry do you?? If I remember my "Jen" info (& I admit, I may have many details of all our lives all jumbled up re: who did/is doing what -- ha ha!)... maybe he forgot that he spoke w/the $ guy! I used to be THE BIGGEST worry-wort... I'd literally make myself sick w/it sometimes (esp. when the kids were babies, oh my!)... but I've learned that it does NO GOOD... it's better to "let go" and focus on something else -- suggestion: YOURSELF! -- that is positive... you can control only what YOU can control... it's a hard concept to learn/accept, I'll admit... sorry to go on & on about this... it's obviously a sore spot for me... one I'm working on personally as well, so let's work on it together!! Is there a "worry-wort BB" somewhere? (probably! :car:)

Off to the eliptical!

GOOD MORNING!

TracyK: YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE!

Michelle: AWANA (Christian Youth Group, mainly out of Baptist Churches I think) AWANA= Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed.... awana.org

Kids learn bible verses, play games and have fun......... bad thing was it didn't get over until 8p and right before they dismissed the kids had CUPCAKES and JUICE............ (not optimum for my high energy son) We had bed issues... but he had so much fun.. next week is "Talk Like a Pirate Night" and he is already talking about it.

The scale is not being my friend this week.... 222.4 this morning........ guess I'm not making it to the teens!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning, Violets..

Ethan is here bright and early and we've played for awhile now and he's finally konked out and is napping. I have a nail appointment at 10 and then back to get dressed to go out of town for the afternoon. Can't tell you how great it is to have choices of what to dress up in. I'll be meeting up with my friend who had gastric by-pass a year ago. She's lost about 110# and I'm anxious to see her. Last time I saw her was in July I believe and she was wearing the same size I was at that time and it was hard for me to believe that since I thought she looked heavier than I did... DH agreed. We'll see how much of a difference there is between then and today. I'm so thrilled for her that she had surgery cause she was literally dying before my eyes. She couldn't go from the living room to the kitchen in their Florida condo without being out of breath.. and it's a small condo!!!

It's shaping up to be a very busy weekend for me. Tomorrow I have Ethan again and then I need to get everything ship shape for a Lia Sophia (jewelry) party I'm having on Monday night. Can't wait to show off my WWJD bracelet!!!

Saturday is our Democratic Party fund raiser from 11-4 and Sunday I have a New Day Singers rehearsal from 1:30-4:30 in preparation for our concert on Oct. 5. We're getting down to crunch time now.. arghhhhhhh

11 days til we get our 3rd fill and we're both ready. I'm hungry between meals and that's never been the case before. I try and make good choices.. fruits and Protein, but I really don't want to be eating between meals at all. Guess I need to tighten my bracelet!!

Kat.. hope the meds work for you!! I was thinking of you all evening wondering how you were doing.

Pamela.. you GO girl on the -6#!!!

TracyK... onederland is right around the corner for you!!! I remember when I hit it, it is SUCH a big milestone!!! And knowing I'll never be in twoderville again is just the best feeling ever!!!

I'm off to do my hair and drink my slushy Crystal Light before going to my nail appointment. Everyone have a fantastic day and remember... patience and trust and follow those bandster rules!!!

Michelle - thanks, I know it does no good to worry, but i am the type of person who is a people pleaser and i worry how people feel about me and people who I care about - OMG if they are upset with me I can't deal with it. I am not as completely stressed out as I would have been in the past, but I am stressed. But either way, I'm just telling myself, he needs to take responsibiliy for his children no matter what.

well unfortunately i'm awake, got a horrible night sleep, it is cold here and ds woke up about midnight and climbed into bed with me, I don't think he felt great, he was jammed into my back all night and got up at 6:30 and was jumping on me - so finally I got up

Kat - I know you are gone but I hope some of those meds help and you start to feel better. how frustrating!

Tracy - that sounds like such a nice program. After dbf's accident I started going to christian church with my dad. I had gone before but don't think I was at that point in my life where I was ready. I am now, they are the most wonderful group of people and have great activities for the kids, but I'm still learning about what they have for them.

Judy - My sister is having one of those parties in a couple of weeks. she thought I was not going to go because of food. NOPE, I'm not going because I don't have any money.

I think I need a fill, but I'm going to have to pay for it - to I'll go to the nutritionist tomorrow morning and make sure she knows what and how much I'm eating so that when I go back I can get one. I don't think I need much, just a little - but i don't think I need it today. I'm just getting to the point of being hungy more frequently.

Jen: "...i am the type of person who is a people pleaser" -- this is ME to a T!... but I've learned to let the "...worry how people feel about me and people who I care about - OMG if they are upset with me I can't deal with it" go... that's their problem, not mine. It's self-preservation, missy! The only person I have control over is ME... and really, when I think about it, that's a big enough job! Phew! I guess it's all part of the journey, huh?? & we're all doing the best we can... ((hugs))

TracyKS:... oh, I thought it was like, "AWANA go to the movies tonight." (LOL! I'm just being goofy!)

Judy: And I think I"M busy! Wow!

Michelle - I'm getting there, haven't you seen where I've been bruitally honest with everyone in my path lately. The last part I need to let go is dbf's approval. And after all that worry, he just called and didn't say a word. maybe that worries me too, but that is ok too.

Me, again!

So, I just need to vent. This week has been a struggle weight-wise. I've been eating great & exercising like, well, a Terri, and the ding-danged scale is BARELY BUDGING! Seriously, I think it's down .2 or .4 or something like that. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Of course it has to be the week when I'm trying to break through a major milestone... this must be some lesson about patience or endurance or something. All I wanted was to show a measly -2 for the week, is that too much to ask?? I know my bod is probably "catching up" or "rearranging" or some such thing... but it's still frustrating. Couldn't it have done that NEXT week, after the 2?? (LOL)

HOWEVER... the good side to this is that, in the past, if I'd gotten to this point, down 48, feeling good, looking better, loose clothing, etc., and I was being "good" but the scale "stopped" moving, I'd be done. Finished. I'd be mad & go eat a pizza just for spite & most likely, that would've triggered more eating, and more... and then I'd gain back what I'd lost + some. But NOW... w/my little friend the band... I PHYSICALLY CAN'T DO THAT! Hallelujah! I HAVE to keep on keeping on! I can't go stuff myself. I have to do something else, something more constructive, w/my feelings of frustration -- like kick it on the eliptical!

You guys, this is MAJOR, MEANINGFUL stuff here!! The realization combined w/the actual DOING of it!! THIS IS WHY I GOT THE BAND! I could lose weight before, but I couldn't KEEP losing it so that I got to where I needed to be for health, etc. & I obviously never have had to maintain (ha!)!

So frustration? Yes! But really, much more EXCITEMENT and AWE and GRATITUDE and AMAZEMENT that this time I may actually MAKE IT to my goals!!

Hey... how did this start out a rant/vent & end up a cheer?? Hmmmmm...)

Michelle - again, right there with you sister! I want to see the numbers go down. I have accepted the fact that I am super screwed up this week with TOM and all, that again has started and stopped 3 times this week. UGHHHHHHHHHH I can't stand that, either come or dont! LOL

You are shifting, did you take measurements? Take them before you work out even harder. I feel better when I see results there, at least I know something is working.

You are so funny - but you deserve a cheer. We all do, we are all doing great - I think that 6 months ago I could not do 1/2 the stuff I do now. Next week, I'm kicking it up. I promise. I have health insurance again as of October 1 - so I am going to schedule a fill for October when I'm at the nutritionist tomorrow. That will be just about perfect

So did you all see the Thanksgiving challange. I hate going there but I am going to make my own challange and put it on my signature. i want to hit my -75 by Thanksgiving. If I hit is sooner, I'll change my goal. I think with a fill and doing Water aerobics it should be reachable +.

Michelle: YOU ARE SOOOOOO FUNNY! :car: ding dong scale and all :P

but like Jennifur... I'm right there with ya ...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about getting frustrated and then eating a pizza for spite! BEEN THERE DONE THAT

Kat: Keep us updated on your mouth!

I did eat my Weight control oatmeal (it has more carbs than I'd like, but I'm trying to focus on the protien) I just filled up my Water glass for the first time today and had my Calcium chew.

WWJD!

Hi everyone. I have been out of here for, I think, like a month...maybe more.

Going through some tough stuff right now personally... need your prayers. The short story is that we are foster parents who desperately want to adopt our little guy that we have had since he was 12 months old, and he is now 2 1/2 yrs. Long lost Aunt & Uncle have crawled out of the woodwork after all this time and hired an attorney to get custody. It's a jury trial and this is the end of the third week of testimony (which doesn't include all the pre-trial hearings and depositions).

If you live in Houston, channel 13 has been covering our story, but not the whole story. We decided not to talk to them, because it's a private matter, and as foster parents, there isn't a lot of information that we could give- even if we wanted to. So the reporting is coming from the side of the biological family and the Chinese community activists. But we know the truth.

Anyway, we really need your prayers. We could have closing arguments tomorrow, or the other side may call more witnesses and then we will have to go back Monday and start week 4 of this trial.

When we win, and all this is behind us, I'll be back on the boards. More reading than posting, but reading for sure.

-mel

Hi everyone. I have been out of here for, I think, like a month...maybe more.

Going through some tough stuff right now personally... need your prayers. The short story is that we are foster parents who desperately want to adopt our little guy that we have had since he was 12 months old, and he is now 2 1/2 yrs. Long lost Aunt & Uncle have crawled out of the woodwork after all this time and hired an attorney to get custody. It's a jury trial and this is the end of the third week of testimony (which doesn't include all the pre-trial hearings and depositions).

If you live in Houston, channel 13 has been covering our story, but not the whole story. We decided not to talk to them, because it's a private matter, and as foster parents, there isn't a lot of information that we could give- even if we wanted to. So the reporting is coming from the side of the biological family and the Chinese community activists. But we know the truth.

Anyway, we really need your prayers. We could have closing arguments tomorrow, or the other side may call more witnesses and then we will have to go back Monday and start week 4 of this trial.

When we win, and all this is behind us, I'll be back on the boards. More reading than posting, but reading for sure.

-mel

You are in my prayers. Makes my trivial problems seem simple

Hey guys! You would not believe.. ARGH!

I went for my fill yesterday. Lots of poking, prodding.. they aren't getting drawback.. so more poking.. They did agree to give me a full CC after I bitched and moaned.

So anyway, he said my chart said I should have 3.5cc. I said, no way, last guy told me 2cc.

They decide something is going on with my band, they offered to pay for my hotel so I could go to the hospital first thing in the AM and get a contrast done INSIDE the band to make sure it's not leaking and my port is alright. He said if it all looks fine, he still wants to operate and move my port up (TODAY). No warning. So I'm nervous, called my mom, she came down (3 hours) with my sister.. who just put her puppy to sleep yesterday (Had acute renal failure).. DH was there, he goes with me.

Everyone made me feel like shit for the inconvenience.. DH for missing work, mom for having to drive.. Wake up bright and early, go to the hospital.

They're doing contrast, and having a hellofa time getting in my port.. I don't know why. So they decide instantly, they're going to move my port. So alas, more surgery :D

Then, they finally get contrast in there, and when they injected it, it just goes SPLOOSH into my body.. So, there's a leak either in the port or the tubing near the port.

He said he's going to do HIS part free, but I'd still have to pay the hospital.. who knows what that is going to cost. He said I'm his first case of this, so he is doing it for free and blahty blah, feels so bad.

Meanwhile, in the darkness of the x-ray room, as I watch my contrast saline going SPLOOSH I can't help but cry a little. I did it quietly, and I think they figured I was just in pain.. but I was just SO disappointed. Why did I have to become a statistic? I know it's going to be minor to fix, he said if it's the tube, they just cut off that part of the tube and reattach to the port.. but damn, why couldn't this just work for me?

SO, this is why I'm so behind in restriction with you guys.. my band doesn't fill up :( :( :(

Regardless of how minor, I don't want to go under the knife again.. I just wanted to be banded. And I realized, I am such an emotional eater. I've had a milky way and a hershey white chocolate bar today.. and a root beer. I'm really.. I dunno, feeling defeated. Like I was just doomed never to have this work, yadda yadda. I know I'll feel better once it's done, and my band finally WORKS AND I GET RESTRICTED. But for now, I'm having a pity party for 1.

They are going to schedule me to fix it next week, it's outpatient, so hopefully I can go back to work the next day. Our rush season starts in Sept, and just from being out 1 day unexpectedly I have customers going ballistic on my voicemail and e-mails.

Sigh.