Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam & Judy: I love the new avatars!

Denise: CONGRATS Nana!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All babies are blessings ESPECIALLY the unplanned ones! :confused:

Kat: That is horrible about the accident... sad sad sad

Laura: I may have to try those bullets

TracyK: You are so funny........ I agree one of my thighs would equal her gut! She is not fat... just more curvy than her pre baby self. She looked like she didn't want to be there in the least.

I watched Biggest Loser last night........ (I am completely addicted to the show) the Black team factor is an AWESOME twist! I was bawling my head off when those final 6 were not picked... boy oh boy... they really went from gut wrenching sadness to over the top joy... I can NOT believe the smallest girl (Joy) I think lost 20 lbs in one week!!!!!!!!!!

OK... now for my weird thing............. I just had a period two weeks ago and yesterday I started again........ I have PCOS and my history is weird periods... but I have been regular as clockwork for a long long time.....

So I'm thinking... maybe this latest whooosh of fat is releasing some stored estrogen in my fat cells..... but it is still weird.

I have been HORRIBLE on water.... today is my day to drink water...... I didn't even have ONE sip of Water yesterday. I know to flush this fat out I must drink water.... oh btw... Jenn I don't think you are drinking too much water.. and congrats on your doc not recognizing you! ;)

I hope everyone has a great day!

WWJD

Morning Violets~

Another day, another dollar!

Tracy, thanks again for your help. Can you come over and help me w/ my camera and getting the pix from there to my puter? I wish!

Since banding, I have had an "extra" period about 2 weeks after the real one. I thought it was orgasm related, since every time I had sex/orgasms I would bleed the next day. He thought it was ovulation related, and gave me a chart to keep track. The "in between" period is more like spotting, no cramps. Then on the 6th (ish) of the month, I get the real one? Now that you mentioned it, could it be weight related? Or better yet, weight loss related?

I am already peri-menopausal, have been for a couple of years. Interesting to note though, it has only been like this since April.

Have a great day ladies!!

xoxox

My dr told me that irregular periods are due to weight gain/loss. Throws the female system & hormones out of whack tremendously! When I was at my highest weight (about 325) I had 2 periods per year and they lasted about 6 weeks each!! Talk about horrible. It will all eventually work out as time goes by and we reach ideal body weights...or at least that is what I am hoping :confused:

TracyKS, I just had mine 2 weeks ago and getting it again. change in seasons! My dd has been like clockwork the week before me since she got hers, and yes, like clockwork, she was off and early too. LOL

I just woke up, fell back asleep so I missed my aerobics class. I guess I needed it. good thing ds is so very good and played with his gameboy and watched MickeyMouse Clubhouse all morning and I didn't have to worry about him while i slept for 1 1/2 hr.

Pam- You're so pretty, it's nice to put a face to your name! Your other picture didn't really show us what you looked like.

I go for my next fill soon.. yay 6 hours of driving.. BLECH!

I am at 287, which means I lost 3lbs since last fill. I am going to cry to him.. probably will, I can't get over how frustrated I am with him that he won't just FILL ME UP!!!!

So, I'm going to beg him to fill me up---yet again, and if I hear him go "Just add another .2cc" I'm going to burst into tears. I am getting hospital bills (BOO) from the hospital that he has to do fluero at. First time we went--no bill. 2nd time I went, when he let the other doctor fill me, bill for $113. My insurance said no to all charges. So, adds edge to my frustration.

And, I'm trying to build the confidence to say, give me my operative report so I can go to a doctor that is local. I know pre-op, he said since I am so far away, it's important I do my follow ups, etc.. and I have done them, but now that pre-pay is almost up and he's letting other doctors do me who DO charge me, I'm ready to take my fills to someone near me.

I'm afraid he'll say NO.. they can't do that can they? Heh..

Laura-he can't say no but it may be difficult to find someone locally to do fills. I read some posts that alot of drs won't fill other drs patients. But, on a positive note, some do!! Good luck with your fill...I hope you fills you up! (or at least "feel" you up so you can get you moneys worth, LOL) :confused:

Good morning all you Shrinky Dinks..

Forgive me, but it's soooooooo nice to hear you all talk about your periods and I don't have to worry about any anymore. One of the perks of being OLD!! lol

Kat.. so sorry to hear about the accident. Also hope you get some healing in your mouth! Prayers are with you.

Laura.. it's your body and your choice of doctors. YOU are in charge!!

Pamela.. no chance of a menopausal baby, is there?? hehehehe Now wouldn't THAT be a miracle!!!!

No Curves for me this morning.. I have Ethan until this afternoon, but I'm thinking of hitting the stationary bike at the gym after he goes home and before choir rehearsal.

Time to clean up this computer desk. It's looking pretty trashed at the moment.

Everyone have a great day... Drink that Water, Tracy!!! My Crystal Light is turning into a slushy right now and I can drink it in one hour. yums.. Remember....Patience, trust and WWJD!!

Well, we have band doctors in my city, and adjoining city, and an hour away.. I've been calling around for 2 months.. No one will do fills from other places..

But there's a group of 3 band doctors in Nashville (1.5 hours away), that I called and said they WOULD do fills--YAY!! And the nurse said I need to bring my operative report. She said doctor visits are always free, and if I have a fill they do them all under fluero and it's $100. I saw someone on this board mention one of the doctors there, she told me one of them is a jerk (paraphrase), and to go with one of the others.. so I'm glad I got feedback ahead of time. I like that they do all fills under fluero, makes me think they utelize doing it under fluero (I.e. filling up and slowly draining, watching it, etc.) My doctor only does under fluero to locate my port.. does not look at the band. The first time he did it under fluero, he looked at the band cause I wanted to make sure it hadn't slipped (I was paranoid!).

Judy- Haha! I WISH my periods would fix themselves. It's so annoying I debate getting 'fixed'. But, I want to have kids so I'm toughing it up.

I guess one day I'll tell my kids how I suffered through constant periods just so I could have them!

I know I deserve it but I do feel lazy. I just watched LionKing 1 1/2 with my ds, we just snuggled on the couch. It is cold and cloudy here and I have not just done nothing in ages. I had an egg and mini pita this am and now i am grilling a pc of chicken for lunch. I am just drained and could go back to sleep.

It is so cold here, I'm having a problem drinking today. going to force myself to drink a 20oz bottle before my lunch is done

I just lost my post through my own stupidity!!!! I hate it, I don't even have anyone to be mad at but me!!!

I just talked to Becky, she had a good night, and is headed down for her stress test soon she said.

As soon as my Mom gets back from the Dr. to take Kinsey I hope to go to the hospital.

I am currently waiting to either hear from my Dr. or my Dentist. I look like a Botox overdose advertisement. My lips are 4 times their normal size, seriously! I cannot eat, brushing my teeth brings on tears, it hurts soooo bad! I have a partial plate, covering a missing tooth on top, and a molar...silly looking thing with 2 little teeth---I cannot put it in...my mouth is too swollen. My Dr. was so concerned over my thyroid, he blew this off, and I am hurting to bad to just see how it goes, especially since I will be out of town for the next 2 days. And it was supposed to be a fun time. I hurt too bad to be walking the fair right now, not to mention how I look! I don't know if I need antibiotics, I have no idea if it is viral or bacterial, and no one does, they would have to look at it! My Dr. is only open half days on Wed. and is booked. My Dentist, is supposed to call me when he gets in, he and his wife are at an obstetricans appointment. So til then I am whining to y'all.

Denise---congratulations!!!! It may not have been your preferred manner of becoming a Grandma, but it may well be an answer to your prayers anyway!!! I have such a wonderful relationship with my grandbabies, especially Kinsey because I keep her every day. I am sure Judy can relate with Ethan---I loved being a Mom, and all in all, I think I was involved, and did a good job, but I was young, and soooo busy trying to run a business, and buy a home, and provide for her, I don't know that I enjoyed her to a level I could have. With the grandbabies, it is what I do!!! You will make a wonderful Grandma----please tell your DD congratulations for me! Just imagine, your grandchild will never have seen you at the heaviest weight!!!

Tracy---Drink up girl---any new fun wedding plans?

Michelle--I got up early, then Kinsey and I went back to bed. I did not sleep well. Rick tossed and turned. He is soooo tore up over the boy who died yesterday.

Jenn---missing one class won't hurt you---sounds like you needed the rest.

Laura--congrats on your slot machine win. I am such a cheapskate, I play the cheapo machines!!!! Is DH feeling better?

TracyK--what you and the little one got planned for today???

Judy---smile pretty for your new choir picture!!!

I am going to go make me a Protein shake---haven't had to do that in a long time----I seem to be able to eat enough Protein, but now I cannot eat.....

Everyone have a good day!

Kat

Kat - yes much needed

did you try gargling salt Water, or peroxide. will fight any bacterial things going on

I hope you feel better

Kat.. if it was me, I'd be heading to the ER to see what the heck was happening!!!

Denise.. CONGRATS!! Ethan was born before his mom and dad got married and I know just what you're going through. Ethan's mom is not my favorite person, but she is the mother of my grandson and we make the best of the situation. At least she has no qualms about letting me babysit.. I'm free and available most of the time.

The New Day Singers picture didn't happen last night.. a couple of the people didn't get the memo about concert dress. And I am odd one out again. When we decided on blouses, I always had to get the biggest one and they always picked out something with buttons down the front.... my LEAST flattering look. Well, I was all hepped up about getting new blouses, but the one that is too big for me now would have gone to a new member and I would be the one with no blouse and they are out of stock..... sooooooooooo now we are looking for new blouses. At least I don't have to worry about them carrying the biggest size for me. I can wear a large now and be comfortable!! A nice change from the 3X blouses I had before that still stretched apart at the buttons around my belly.

I had two hours of flute rehearsal this morning, came home, had lunch and now am babysitting again as DD left to go to her nursing classes. DH is at a church service..30 days of peace...and I needed help watching Ethan while we were both gone. My DH is one special lady. I love her dearly..such a sweet, kind hearted person. I must have done something right there!!

Tracy.. I finished my first 33 oz bottle of Crystal Light slushy and the second one is in the freezer and I'll have it in another hour. I drank CL on the cruise, but it wasn't frozen like I like it. I'm loving having my slushy treat again.

Well, off to check on Ethan and do some cleaning in the kitchen.

Will check back later.