Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I missed something.. who's pregnant??

My daughter...I'm gonna be a grammie!!! :)

After the initial shock and crying all day (not in front of her), I'm now over it and ready to be a supportive mom and grammie!

Good morning violets! i am just having my morning coffee:ranger:

and wanted to pop in and say hello and see what everyone has planned for today?!

All of my immediate family was affected by the hurricane and so none of them have had power for the past few days. I really pray they get it back soon....especially my mom. I have left an open invitation with all of them to come stay here with us. We'll see....they probably won't since they are all hard headed.

My stepkids are coming over today. Macy is going to be so excited! Of course my DH is at work again. He has been working with no days off for about 5 months and I am about at my wits end!! The whole summer has gone by and out of all of the times the kids have come over he has probably spent a total of 8 hours with them all summer. He leaves about 4:30 in the AM and sometimes isn't home until 7 PM.

I try not to complain about it because I know he doesn't want to work so much either, but this is getting old and I am getting worn out. I feel like a single mom...no offense to any single moms out there....but all of the responsibility has fell on me. Work full time, cook, clean, pay bills, take care of all the 4 year olds needs (and you know a 4 year old has alot of them). I know, wa, wa, wa....I am just exhausted:faint:And then he wants to know why I am not frisky when he gets home...PLEASE!! OK, enough of my pity party. I just miss my DH:(

I think I am going to go buy something today that is too tight that way I have some goal clothes...

Everyone have a great day!!

Good Morning, Violets...

I'm all packed up and on my way to the Democratic Party fundraiser here in town. We're having a Pig roast, silent auction, fun day and I'm the vice chair so I'll be there from now til 4 tonight.

I went to be really early last night after having Ethan all day. I'm not cut out to be a mom anymore.. being a Grandma wears me out enough!!

TracyK.. I feel for you.. my DDIL has your problems too. My DS works 12 hours a day 7 days a week and she is left with the kids and she goes to nursing school. I really don't know how she and others like you do it. I'm in awe of you!!

Everyone have a great Saturday. I'll check in later tonight.

WWJD??!!

Good Saturday Morn, Vi's~~

Hold on to your hats, ladies... I'm down a whopping .6 this week! Ooooh! Aaaah!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr is more like it!! Sigh.

I know that this, too, shall pass... but at the moment it's a bummer, esp w/barely eating anything compared w/what I used to eat + all the exercise I'm doing now v. the 0 that I did before... grrrrr.

Lots going on today & tomorrow... will see you all on Monday!

Enjoy your weekends! :)

Hope that wasn't too loud for the Violets that were still sleeping. ;)

:)...I'm finding out what toooooo tight might be. For the first time in 5 months, I can't eat much of anything. Even my Protein Shake with a banana in it..takes only two drinks before I feel that bubble feeling of being too full.

I've PB'd almost every meal and in between. I'm just HUNGRY since I can't eat much and I keep trying and PB'ING.

I know that's the worst thing to do since it irritates the esophagus.

I'm going to try this for a few more days and if it doesn't loosen up a little I'm going back to be deflated a bit.

Anyone have the problem and it loosen?

Good news is that I lost 9lbs last month without the tooo tight fill.

I'm working the band baby!!!

Great Success to All the Violets!

Morning all

tracyk- I am the single parent, so i know exacally what you are saying, and now i'm not even getting financial support. I have the kids 24/7 a 13 yr old cheerleader and a soon to be 4 yr old sho is very needy.

I work nights and can't get a normal job so i feel like I never stop. So I understand

Well, still sick as a dog, just woke up again, I had a small bowl of grits with cheese for Breakfast and I'm having 1 chicken tender for lunch. My throat hurts so bad it is hard to eat anything, but with the cold meds that can't be good either no food. I can hardly drink anything either. my fever is broken for the moment which is good, I usually run 96-97 so to be 100 and higher is horrible for me.

I hope you all have a good day

Denise- Aww congrats!! Is this the same one you had kicked out? I must have missed this while I was gone..

Yeah yeah, you all whine about being too restricted!! HAH! Just kidding..

When they were doing contrast and everything, they took EVERYTHING out. I'm back to not even knowing I Have the band. Wow, it sucks. I can eat any and everything.. And with me being in a funk and wanting to emotionally eat, it's not helping anything. I've been trying to be good. I had 1/2 bagel this morning. We had chinese for dinner last night, normally I eat half of mine and a bite or two of his.. I was able to eat all of mine last night. Boooooo. They still haven't called to tell me when we're doin surgery, and if I need to stop taking my B/C, prilosec, or anything. I don't want blood clots, so I'm debating stoppin the b/c, but maybe it won't matter. I'm getting anxious now. I need filling!!

Denise- Aww congrats!! Is this the same one you had kicked out? I must have missed this while I was gone..

No this is my younger daughter, thank god. She's younger but more mature and has a long time boyfriend who's thrilled about the baby. He works, she works, she goes to school full-time - she has 5 more classes before she applies for the nursing program. She's a good kid - young (19), but if it had to be one of the girls I'm glad it's her. She'll be a great mom and won't let anything interfere with her college. I'm so excited!!!

That's great news! Is this your first grandbaby???

I bought a novel at books a million when we had to stay overnight out of town, and I got something called Baby Proof.. the writer is like the writer from Sex and the City, they're always about city women who are single, blah blah. They're easy to read and pass the time.

When my mom got down there, the book was on my bed, and she goes 'OH NO!'.. being all dramatic, like I'm trying to read how to Baby Proof. OY VEY!

My mom for whatever reason would be unhappy if I had a kid anytime soon.

Laura

I am sorry you are having to deal with so much crapola from your family. You just take care of you girlfriend! get your band fixed and show them all! HUGS

off to work I go

Hi girls, just a quick check in. I've been so busy lately I haven't had any time to get online. Just to let ya'll know, Melanie, aka Schexymomma, won custody of her little boy. The boy's uncle is vowing to appeal. Send her your prayers, her drama is not over yet....

I'm getting sick. I'm trying to do too much in too little time. I'm just ready for this house to be done and i want it done NOW! Still have lots of work to do, though. I just hate living out of boxes in with everything in disaray... Don't mind me... my petty problems are seriously nothing compared to what some of ya'll are going through... I've just been skimming along the posts and saw Laura's problem, Denise's news, Kat's mouth, Ethan's teething, Jennifur is still not feeling good.... You're always on my mind girls.... Love ya'll, talk to you soon...

That's great news! Is this your first grandbaby???

I bought a novel at books a million when we had to stay overnight out of town, and I got something called Baby Proof.. the writer is like the writer from Sex and the City, they're always about city women who are single, blah blah. They're easy to read and pass the time.

When my mom got down there, the book was on my bed, and she goes 'OH NO!'.. being all dramatic, like I'm trying to read how to Baby Proof. OY VEY!

My mom for whatever reason would be unhappy if I had a kid anytime soon.

Hi Laura, Yes it is my first grandbaby...it's the first on both sides actually. I wasn't "happy" at first, I was a little saddened because it means my baby has grown all the way up and she's only 19 and still in college. But she's thrilled, he's thrilled, and everyone is happy for them both, so I don't want to rain on her parade. I love her dearly and she's going to be a great mother...he'll be a great father - they'll be wonderful parents and I couldn't think of anyone else I'd want her to be with. I'm happy now that the initial shock wore off lol! Now I'm planning my revenge as a Grandparent hehe ;)

Hi girls---

I am home!

Rick got GREAT news at the Dr. All of his tests turned out good---they took him off of the blood thinners, and he only takes an aspirin now each day. He also gets to come off of one of the other meds they have had him on. He is flying high with the news!!!

We enjoyed the fair, had lots of fun. Watched some Native Dancers, listened to a lot of music. Rick surprised me with concert tickets, I was SOOOO happy!!! We saw Josh Turner....he gave me a CD of his because of a song he wanted me to hear, so it was kinda special to us!

Today we went and cut a cord of oak wood. Dirty, hard work, but it was nice spending the time together. I leave Monday to take my Dad to Albuquerque for his carotid artery surgery. I am really scared over it, and would appreciate any and all prayers you can manage girls. Thanks in advance!

My mouth is slowly getting some better, I am down a pound and a half, but I am drinking a lot of calories, and the ice cream I tried to use to help....likely did not help!!! Oh well, it did make it feel better. I am begining to be able to eat again. I HATED it hurting at the fair, no spicy foods, no crunchy foods, and as much as it truly pains me to say it, it hurt even worse to eat it---chocolate did not help, it Hurt like heck!!! It was like it coated my mouth, and was not good!

Laura, I am so sorry you are having to go through all this with your band. I wish I had a good supportive get you through this---bit of wisdom....but it is just me!!! One thing I can say---is be glad you had this surgery, and it is something they can fix!!!

You girls are just shrinking away, and I am so doggone proud of you!

I will be in tomorrow during the game, to catch up on everyone---missed you, thought of you all often.

OMG!!!!!! It is 9:42 PM on September 15th, and some Art Fest commercial on TV has Christmas music and is all done up in red---the first Christmas commercial! I am not imagining it getting earlier each year, it really is!!!!!

OK---I am going to bed. Exhausting day. Will appreciate it when the temps drop, and the snow blows!

Nighty Night girlies!

Kat