Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

HEY MEL! Glad to see you and dang you are losing like crazy!!!! I pray that your case comes out in your favor!

Laura: OMG OMG OMG! NO freaking wonder!!!! I am so glad you complained loudly, otherwise you would of gone another month with no restriction....... I am glad you are getting it fixed...... I know you don't want to go under the knife again.... but this will be teensy weensy and then you will be like FLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAABLAM! restricted and the sexy jeans will be hanging around your ankles.....

So when are they fixing it?

In other news......... I pb'd on wheat thins and milk today.......... YUMMY :D I am such a dang speed eater.. you'd think I'd learn to chew chew chew by now! on my 3rd 20 oz glass of Water though.

They just called, still getting all the information...

It's $1,500 for the hospital.. and the band has a warranty, so they're trying to get in touch with whoever about that.

She said the $1,500 is due at 'pre-op'

PRE-OP?! So I have to go back down 2 more times? ARGH!

I'm so upset.

Oh man, Laura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!! But it certainly does explain a lot!!! Oh man oh man oh man!! I know it sux to have to have it fixed, but just like Tracy said:

"FLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAABLAM!"

The weight will fly off!! You'll feel sooooooooooooooo great & it'll be so easy compared w/what you've been going through.

& all us Vi's will be there w/you in spirit!! You can do this!!

Laura-sorry about all the BS you are dealing with! That bites...but like everyone else said, once it is fixed you will really be able to start whoooshing downwards on the scale. Look at it this way, the weight you HAVE lost is a bonus. :D

Michelle-I totally agree with you on the part where you said that you would start eating again out of the defeated feeling and gain it back....isn't it great that we can't do that anymore! That is the best part of all...we are losing the weight permenantly!!

Pamela-I am anxiously awaiting tonights episode!! I can not wait to find out who won the last HOH competition!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and congrats about being so close to onederland....its like a dream coming into reality...

Everyone have a great evening!

Laura~

I can't freakin believe your story! OMG. I am so sorry your going through all this. Just think, you've lost more w/ a leak than I have w/o one. :faint: But the $1500 is so much. Your will be in our thoughts and prayers. When is it? Keep us posted, and feel free to come here and vent as needed.

Hang in there honey, we are all here for you!

xoxoxox

Laura.. so sorry to hear your news. I'm sure the band manufacturer will stand by their product and make it right for you.

Mel..thoughts and prayers headed your way for a positive outcome on your case.

Just got back from the gym. I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike. DH did the treadmill. Now I can relax and hit the hot tub this evening. We had to turn the furnace on this morning. Temp was 60 in the house and with Ethan coming over, I didn't want it to be too chilly for him, but dang.. I hate turning the furnace on in September!!! I usually don't turn it on until my fingertips turn blue, but the priorities have changed with the grandbaby in the house.

Have to be up early again tomorrow to greet Ethan at 8. I took some pics of him dusting and "swiffing" for me today. I'll try and post them later.

TTFN..

Morning violets

First and foremost. Laura-my prayers are with you, but look how well you have done so far, so imagine how great you are going to do when you are fixed. And they found it early, I met someone who had problems and ended up going 2 years before they found out what it was. Plus you have our support.

Well, dd is still in bad shape, but I think it is a cold. How would I know this? for the last 2 days I've been pb'ing on everything, last night the thought of tuna was gagging me, I went out with an old friend, I had 1 mozz stick and a bite of chicken tender and 1 drink I went home because my mom called. dd was in bad shape - i got home and said to her I feel like i'm burning up, she said it was just stuffy (she is a nurse). within the hour I was on fire. I had gone into my hope chest and took out every winter blanket I had, my ears hurt, my throat, and now my legs ache from tensing up from the fever I had. I got up, took a dose of children's motrin and went back to sleep for 20 mins. I have an 8am appt with my nutritionist then i'm coming back home and going to bed before work. YUCK, I can't afford to be sick! I am going to stop and get some theraflu, I know I can't swollow a pill right now, I can hardly sip Water. I hate fall allergies/and this 1 day 90 the next 65, no wonder why everyone is sick around me, including me.

but, between that and TOM coming early, it sure does explain why i've been so drained this past week.

Judy, cold here too, I refuse to turn mine on until Thanksgiving, but I will start my gas fireplaces earlier, they will heat my entire house this time of year. I have one in my back room off my kitchen and 1 in my bedroom and a wood fireplace in the living rooms. It is actually nice because we have heat when we lose power in the winter

Good morning violets-

Jenn-hope you & dd feel lots better soon!

Kat-Hope you are feeling better too!

Laura-our prayers are with you.

202.5 this morning....half a pound is half a pound....I'll take it at this point!!

I am off today because I have to go to the dentist. I hate dentists. UGH...I would rather go through childbirth again...seriously.

Everyone have a great day and I will check back in later...

Good Friday morn, Vi's~~

Same weight, bouncing the same .5 or so lbs up & down... this must be some major set-point for me or something... but will keep keeping on.

Make it a great one!

Morning Violets~

Jenn~ I hope you feel better! Sux to be sick.

Laura~ Keep posting and keep us posted. I think your story took the wind out of our sails a bit. What happens to one Violet...kinda happens to all of us. We are here for you! I mean that.

Terry~ I miss you!

Kat~ Hope your feeling better. Did the meds kick in? More importantly, did you lose any more weight from not eating? I know, bad joke...just trying to turn some lemons into lemonaide! xo

Judy~ It is nice to have you back!

TracyK~ I am soooo not happy about the outcome, but I think you are. I wanted anyone but those two, but can't always get what you want.

Ok, I went a bought a nice digital scale, so I can track my loss like you all. I am excited! This morning, after the shower I weighed and it was 252.? Can't remember what came after the point. Even though it is different from the doctors a bit (I doubt I lost 6 more pounds in 2 days), I will use it to track the loss. The good news is that on this scale I FINALLY LOST MORE THAN 23 #!!! So, using my home scale, I've lost 28 pounds! WOW! lol, I crack myself up.

Going to Susanne's this weekend! Have a nice weekend everyone! Check in w/ you all on Sunday!

xoxoxoxox

Laura,

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you....you'll be in my prayers! Just remember that you're getting all fixed back up and you'll be as good as new in no time!

{{hugs}} :D

Hi everyone, i was 214 at the dr today, which is 14lbs less than 7 weeks ago, so that averages out to 2lbs a week. I told them I was not ready for a fill, getting close, but with being sick it would not be good anyway. So Oct 16 I get a fill. My nutritionist was very pleased with my loss and said I was doing better than the average. 15lbs and i'm in Onederland. I can do that. Get better this weekend and get it together next week

Denise: SLOW DOWN SO I CAN CATCH UP!!!! :)

Jennifur: You will be in ONEderland in no time!

Laura: Keep us posted.

Tummy is growling after only 2 hours........ grrrrr time for Water though