Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

well, Judy is right, the gargle just takes the edge off. if it is bacterial.

so, I want to puke, my stress level is so high right now. My caseworker from child support called me back and he found out that he is now being paid from disability and not the railroad. He is putting in for $50 a week towards arrears and he is going to call him and talk to him. I told him I didn't want him to let him know I was in a tizzy, that I tried to get it out of him and we just don't talk about money because I can't deal with that stress, and that he does have retirement income, not sure how much because we don't discuss, but he is retired 23 years Navy from the accident. I know it needed to happen but he is going to freak! and i am going to have to deal with it. Our kids having a home, food and clothes are the most important thing right now. The only thing I'm worried about is that our casework is ticked off, because he is suppose to notify them of any changes or work with them if they get behind and he has made no effort, and when I told him when the accident was he was even more ticked off. so i know, for the first time in 13 years, they are not going to take any of his bs. I guess that is good for me for once, but it stresses me out since we do see each other on a personal level.

4:00 dentist appointment---hope he can help!!!!!

I miss Terry.......we may have to ban her from further vacations!!!

hmmmmmmm that may go for ALL of you!!!!

Kat

Best wishes, Kat! That sounds awful! :)

A picture-perfect day here... sunny, 72, no humidity, a light breeze... ahhhhhhh! I opened up all the windows & music on... a delightful afternoon...

Uh oh! I hear the kiddo's coming up the drive... my relaxing time is over... time to jump into "Mommy" mode!

Have a great eve, everyone!

Two glasses of the clear stuff down today... I'll go for one more at least!

My son is attending his very first AWANA meeting tonight...... I'm so excited.. I SOOOOOOOOOOOO hope he does well.

I went to Awana's as a kid and loved it....... as a matter of fact its where I broke off my front tooth... (which to this day is covered by a half fake tooth and why I can NEVER whiten my teeth)

Ended up going in to work because the weather cleared up somewhat...then the "storm" turned into Tropical Storm Humberto, so I got out of dodge and left work early. It should hit here tonight they say. Ugh, I hope we don't lose our electricity...that would suck! I can't sleep without A/C...I know, I am a whimp!

Everyone have a good afternoon and I will be back later...

Hey Violets~

Ok, so as you know, I had lost only 23 pounds since surgery. Then w/ my fills, or lack of, I had put on some more, 7 to be exact. So, I went in today...and since my good fill at the hospital, I've lost 6 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you, all you skinny people have lost tons of weight, many approaching -50! But I have lost 2-3 sizes, but not much in the way of numbers. Here's how the drama unfolds:

280-preop weight

257-lowest after surgery

264-day of last fill (1 1/2 weeks ago)

258-today!

Shit...I keep hearing Michelle's words, slow and steady...slow and steady. But I think, finally after all these months, I hopefully can break the -23 pound record. What I would give to get into the 40's!

Here is what I've eaten since the fill (after the liquid and soft stage):

breakfast:

protein shake- 4 oz low carb yougart, 1 banana, 1/3 c. skim milk, 1/4 c. frozen berries, 1 scoop Unjury Protein Powder (blend in magic bullet...yum).

lunch:

2-3 oz of tuna sal or chix sal (made w/ low cal mayo, very little), dozen Whole Wheat Wheat Thins,

2-3pm: 1/3 c. low fat cottage cheese

dinner: healthy choice or something like it (tonight I went out w/ friends and had grilled salmon and ceasar sal).

I am excited to see the -6 pounds, although I am having skinny days this past week. Anyway, cross your fingers ladies...I will go weigh next week and hopefully, I will be 250! (i wish)

Kat~Hope your mouth is gonna be ok. I wish we could make it better for you.

Tracyk~ what did you think about last night on the show???? Sad it is over:cry.

xoxoxoxo

Pamela -- I am with you -- hoping and praying to get to the 250 mark.

Wish you the best of luck!

I'm off to bed so I can be up and ready for Ethan tomorrow at 8. I'll have him til 1:30 and then will leave to meet some friends out of town.

Everyone sleep well, drink your Water and remember... Patience and trust... WWJD??!!

Hi ladies, thinking off all you in the storms path

looks like it is going to be nasty when it hits...

I am mentally beat - not hearing from bf after I know he got a call today about money is stressing me out more than him yelling about it. And I'm not going to bring it up first, that is for sure!

why am I being tested? haven't I passed yet? I am so close to being where I need to be and then 10 steps back. I am leaving it all up to him, i know he has a plan for me and I am almost there.

I got something saying I make too much money for medical assistance - but ghi will notify me when I can start using my insurance. I am so confused. I know I don't qualify for medicade, I don't want that, I want the insurance from NYS. So tomorrow I need to call and talk to them. I just don't get it. so something else i need to do tomorrow - I just don't get it, it said that my income could not be more than $1000 a month and I make too much, well If i only had 1000 a month I would be living in my car.

well off to bed. I am sorry I vent here - I am just so tired of being rock bottom and it is making it hard for me to focus on me

Girls---have a good day....Haydee, try not to work too hard!!!!

Ms. Jen.....where are ya????

TTYL!!!

Kat

I'm still here, just REAL BUSY!

Pam,

losing size is better than weight I think. I have lost pretty much but have only dropped one size, and yesterday when I went shopping I tried on a 3x and it was too tight. I was mortified!!! I took in a 2x and a 3x and thought I would make myself feel good by trying on the too big shirt first............................

Congrats!!!

Jane

Two glasses of the clear stuff down today... I'll go for one more at least!

My son is attending his very first AWANA meeting tonight...... I'm so excited.. I SOOOOOOOOOOOO hope he does well.

I went to Awana's as a kid and loved it....... as a matter of fact its where I broke off my front tooth... (which to this day is covered by a half fake tooth and why I can NEVER whiten my teeth)

Ooooooooooh I went to Awana's when I was a kid!!! I LOVED it!!!! Those are some of my favorite childhood memories. :car:

Evening Violets-

Well my dentist made all kinds of sympathetic faces, and said all kinds of nice things, but he had no idea what was up in my mouth! So he sent me off to an Urgent Care Center. Where I saw not one but two Dr.'s neither of which had any idea what it might be! I do not have a lot of faith in these characters though, one of them had never heard of thrush!! So they did their best to cover the bases, and their butts I would imagine!!! I come out with prescriptions up the wazoo!!! One for a drug that they use to treat herpes simplex in the mouth, although that is not what I have, it causes sores, and I have no sores....but it might be of the same type of virus, so the same med may work. Then I got a Z-pack of antibiotics, just in case it might be bacterial, also to prevent a secondary bacterial infection from forming, just in case I DO get an open sore!!!! And also a benadryl/lidocaine mix to swish my mouth with to ease the pain. My mouth throbs, but the glands that run around the base of my jaw, up towards my chin---they hurt soooooo bad. I googled my symptoms, one of my possible Dx.....cat scratch fever!!!

So $150.00 later.....30 at the Urgent care, and another 120 for Rx....and I KNOW nothing, except that these pills are going to be an issue to swallow! I come out sat down in the van, called Rick and cried! I am so frustrated, and tired of it hurting and getting no answers.....hoping something in this mix helps. They said viral infections in the mouth usually last 10-14 days....another 9 days of this??? I might make goal weight.....it sucks big time!

I got our stuff packed, going to plan on going and stick to the original plan....we can always cancel and come straight back after the Dr. if need be. Hopefully we will be able to stay...keeping my fingers crossed.

TracyK---sure do hope you don't end up with any storm damage. Who else is in the path?

It is supposed to be high 80's in Albq. tomorrow, a nice sunny day for the fair....hope I feel like going.

I am irritated at my DD, she borrowed a couple of new books, and I keep telling her I need them, so I have something to read....I finished my current read yesterday, and so far she has not brought them. I called her and told her DO it in the morning!!! She has my new Janet Evanovich books...which would be nice light reading while I wait for them to do all of Ricks tests tomorrow.

I had a nice NSV today---one some of you will appreciate knowing about! I was being lazy this morning, and put my hair up into a ponytail---and for months now I have been looping the ponytail holder 3 times---and it was loose. Today I used one I always do, and at 3 times it was TIGHT!!!! My new hair is now out to the length it is going into the ponytail holder in the back! Now I still have fine fuzzies all over the top and sides, but it is getting there!!! Just about time to probably fall out again if I do my TT this winter!!!! LOL Anyway, my scalp is not visible anymore, anywhere but the usual thin part---it is SOOOOOO much better!!!!

If you are one of the ones losing hair, hang on, it ends!!

Well I am going to go cruise the site for awhile, try to let this gargantuan pill work its way through.....and then maybe sleep awhile!!

Y'all take care, I'll be back Friday night.

Kat

Kat~ That NSV is great. I know, I am losing hair. I thought is was stopping, but I've noticed it is not. I always wear a hair thingy of some sort...it was 110 today...I can't stand my hair on my neck when it is hot. Congrats on your hair!!