Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Just got back from the luncheon, taking the dogs to the groomers and then Curves. I have GOT to clean this computer room today. I'm having a Lia Sophia party on Monday evening and it will take me that long to get the house in shape for company.

The luncheon was very nice. It was at the home of the minister's wife at the church where DH was once minister. She fixed us chili, Soup, salad and we had lo fat ice cream for dessert. I had one bowl of the veggie with chicken soup and once cup of the salad. Had the ice cream and it was yummy. Now I'm enjoying my Crystal light slushy before I hit the cleaning trail. The Prebysterian minister's wife was telling me about an aerobics class at their church on Tuesday mornings so I'm going to go there next Tuesday and try it out. She said there are only about 3-5 ladies in the class so it should be fun.

I did notice something on my cruise that I had not noticed before and that is the Hair loss. Everytime I washed my hair and ran the mousse through it I would come back with a handful of hair. yikes!!

Ok.. off to clean. TTFN!

Judy- Your new avatar pic is awesome! Losing weight and years, you look so much different from that first picture I saw of you when we were pre-banders!! You use to look like an art teacher I had in high school, and now... you don't! LOL

And I'm with you on the Hair loss, it's been fine all along, but about a week ago when I was drying my hair, it was just falling out all over.

Hi guys

a quick check in on my way to work,

Laura, i can see how you can't do shakes, you have such sensitive taste buds. LOL

Judy - mine is finally falling out at a normal pace- and even growing back in so there is hope, but I remember those handfuls and it was scary

Thanks, Laura. I just put yet another new avatar pic in. This was one of my favorite shots of me in Alaska. Never thought I'd be happy to see pics of me, but I just love seeing the difference. Reminds me that it's time to take my monthly bathing suit pics. I'll have to do that tonight. Gotta go get dressed up for yet another picture taking session tonight.. this time with my New Day Singers acapella group. Will check back later!

Look everybody...it's me! Tracy, thanks so much. I think that is pretty cool of you to do that. I really appreciate it. Well, off to wash car and groceries. Thanks for all the nice props on my pix sistas...you know how to make a girl feel good!~

xoxxo

TracyK - what do you eat daily? I have somehow lost track of what I should be doing and just can't remember.

Jenn-I just make sure I stay under 1000 calories and try to get as much Protein & Water as possible. My thougt about all the liquid stuff you are doing is that it is fine for quick weight loss, however, once you start "eating" again, it will come back...at least that is what was happening to me! You are doing so good and I know you wil be over your hum soon!

TracyK, 4 more lbs 'til onederland!!! If it was me, I'd be drinking shakes (protein, not milk! :) ) & exercising 24/7 to get it here as quickly as possible!!!

Michelle-OMG....I am freaking out over this 4 pounds!! I am so friggin excited that it keeps me up at night! It is starting to make me want to go on some kind of ethiopian "not eat anything" crash diets...:eyebrows: I am so excited! It all seems so unreal!

Jane-thanks for the advance congrats!! With my luck i will hit this major plateau where my body will say "I don't think so sister". If that happens I will turn into a work out maniac (I think that is called a "Terri") LOL.....these days it is called a MDRAI too :confused:

Pamela....i am waiting on pins & needles about tonights BB/POV...I am fighting myself off of you tube...YIKES, the pressure!!

Everyone have a great evening!

Tracy- you are kind of right, that was what happened last time, but I think pms was a big factor. I am back down to 213 and I was 233 on July 19. So my plan, liquids for the next couple of days to get rid of the bloat and get my self together, and make myself meals. I went to the store today and got some yogurt, some chicken, 2% cheese and some more tuna and veggies. So- saturday morning I'll get my butt out of bed and start eating real food.

I usually do this Once a month and have worked hard to maintain. And I'm still holding strong It is just time to kick it up.

Speaking of, I'm home from work and watching the Biggest Looser. If these people can work and sweat, so can I. I know I'm at the gym every other day, I need to kick it up. loose the last 14lbs to get into onederland I can do this.

Anyone else watch? It is so touching, what people say is just so true and just touched my heart.

Hey everyone--

I am exhausted, and off to bed.

My best friend, Becky, who we ride with her and her husband etc....is in the hospital, they are watching her, she thought she was having a heart attack, and her EKG, is abnormal. Spent most of the afternoon and evening there.

Rick lost an employee in a rollover accident today---a 23 year old kid. He had to go out to the accident site, and I guess it was gruesome as hell. He keeps letting bits of info out. He worked with him, but it was also his sister & BIL's nephew, on the BIL's side, so he had carried on several conversations with him on that level as well as work.

He is VERY shook up. He was there, when the kids Dad was brought out (the coroner literally got lost!!!) I think he related to him, our ages are similar, as are the ages of the kids. Hope he is ok.

My mouth is worse than I know how to convey....going back to the Dr. tomorrow.

Will check in in the morning....

Night~~

Kat

Kat~

Sounds like you really had a shitty day. I hope you rest well and here's to a new tomorrow!

Violets~ I am watching the Biggest Loser, as I am sure many of you did tonight. I am reminded why I don't like these shows. I am living my own weight loss reality show. The music makes it soooo dramatic. These people are working their asses off.

Does anyone ever watch Workout w/ Jackie Wagner on Bravo? Great show, and her focus is on food, and food combinations.

Ok..so people are talking about Brittney and her bomb performance on the Video Music Awards. She was drunk or something...either way she has NO talent. But they are saying she is fat! 2 kids and she sported a bikini (I mean, she is an idiot), but I dont think she is fat. If she is fat...SIGN ME UP!

have a great night

xoxox

Pamela - I recorded it and watching the end weigh in right now. I agree about the music. But look at these people work their asses off. It blows me away. Did I look like that at 5'5 and 278? No wonder I hated myself!

I'm going to be a Grandma!!!! Ahhhh I just gave her the lecture last week because she's 19 and has settled down with her boyfriend and I want her to finish college...then today (on her bf's birthday) she announces that she's pregnant!!

Oh well, not the greatest timing but I sure am happy!!!! My first Grandbaby!! :confused:

Ok..so people are talking about Brittney and her bomb performance on the Video Music Awards. She was drunk or something...either way she has NO talent. But they are saying she is fat! 2 kids and she sported a bikini (I mean, she is an idiot), but I dont think she is fat. If she is fat...SIGN ME UP!

have a great night

xoxox

Sign me up too! I think she looked GREAT!

Why oh why did I wake up @ 4:30a & get up, come downstairs, make a cup of tea, & come into the office @ 5am???

Denise - Well, I can see why not the greatest thing but Congrats. At least she is happy with dbf and not 12. Right? My mom didn't want me to have ds, and yes, I was 32 - but she loves him so very much - you will have fun - you can send them all away when you want to LOL

Why oh why did I wake up @ 4:30a & get up, come downstairs, make a cup of tea, & come into the office @ 5am???

Answer: Because you are a violet junkie and you could not wait to see what we all had to say!! :confused:

Britney fat? Hell my thigh is the size of her stomach! Sing me up too if she is "fat". Ugh, critics make me sick!

It is pouring rain so bad right now that I can not make it to bring ny dd to day care much less make it to work in Galveston. It is supposed to pour like this all day. now to build up the nerve to call my boss and say I am not going to be there until the roads aren't flooded. He probably won't care, but he is the type that is very busy and very moody....so I will just keep my fingers crossed that he is in a decent mood. I mean hell, if I drove a hummer I would make the drive, but the minivan isn't gonna cut it. They are saying that this could turn into a tropical depression, so he (my boss) should surely understand that someone would not want to get out in this unless they had an ark!

Denise...congrats grandma!! I am happy for you!!:biggrin1:

Jenn-I understand where you are coming from and applaud your effort!! You are doing fantastic!!

Everyone have a great day...if I do not post for a while, then you will know I swam to work.:eyebrows: