Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

ok i thought i had a pb before and I WAS WRONG!

I had my first one today - i was starving when i got home from the Y and grabbed a slice of pizza to eat the cheese to hold me over. I did a bad thing - took a bit of the crust. I wanted to die and had that wonderful slime thing you were all talking about happen. YUCK

I so need a fill, i want to much and eat all the time, still not huge amounts, just all the time

I'm jealous of all you guys

Oooohh I would love the recipe Terry!! We have an abundance of pecans....so that would be even better!!! Sounds yummy!

I actually walked outside to see about taking down some grass skirts, or things like that, and the temp on my back porch is reading 107.....so I marched my bohunkus right back into the house!!!! Got me a big lgass of iced tea, needed it just from reading that thermometer!! Will wait til evening, or tomorrow morning!

Sorry about the sliming episode Jennifur-----they are never fun. But if you can avoid the full PB you are better off, the actual throwing up is pretty traumatic on the poor banded stomach.

Feel better!

Kat

Kat - thanks

I do since it came back up. still hungry but afraid to eat... so i'm cleaning and checking in here when i feel hungry - lol

it is only 70 here today in Albany, which stinks but is a nice break, I am getting all kinds of really good, floor scrubbing, curtin washing cleaning done. LOL

I am going to clean my front porch shortly, I got these great hammock chairs at collectionetc.com for $10 each. I wanted them last year but in stores they sell for $80 on sale. Same quality, they support 250lbs each... well needless to say I am now safe for that. so I got 4. They might be cramped on there but I am so going to enjoy them, that way we can all sit out there at night. My mom is going to get a bug light she raves about when she gets here the end of this month. Did I mention she is moving back here from AZ? Well she is ....She has been gone for 5 years to the day and just misses her grandchildren and me so much that she is coming back only to vacation in AZ every few months.

It will be a nice time to have her back

Well, I'm having a hard time with this (peeled) apple and cheddar cheese right now!! I'm taking teeny tiny bites of apple and can feel every bite going down. But I just eat realllllllllly slowly.

Are you going to call tomorrow?? Who is your doctor again? Sorry you're not doing well :D

Thanks Terri...My dr is Spivak too. I will probably wait until mid week to call. The assistant told me to wait about a week until my TOM is over...but mid-week is about as long as i will let this go on. Who knows, maybe by then after having liquids & mushies I will be back to "normal"? We shall see...

Hi, I was banded April 24th and just had my second fill yesterday morning. I have not lost any weight since surgery and in fact put some on once I started on solids. I'm so envious of all of you with your big weight loss. I got filled to 2.0 by my doctor in TJ (ORTIZ) and am feeling a little restriction for the firs time. I find it so disheartening but I walked a long and vigorous walk this morning and vow to keep it up. The doctor said not to worry, the band will work for me once we find the right fill, and I'm sure he's right. It's just that I was hoping to be shorts worthy by the summer , and I'm definitely not!

Y'know Judy, that June exercise challenge "32/20 workouts completed" just really irks me!!! ;)

I fell short of my goals and am not happy about it at all! :)But I WILL NOT fall short in July, you can take that to the bank!!!

Who else is in for a July exercise challenge???

Count me in! I need to get movin' -- I just had 2 big eating days after being soooo good for a week -- :angry and I Don't have a fill scheduled until 7/12 (thursday).

I will commit to do 20 sessions!

Judy -- the pictures are wonderful -- you look so beautiful and HAPPY!

KAT: I have a simple recipe for Spiced Pecans - in the crock pot if you would like it. Just let me know.

Have a good night everyone!

Gina

Ok, Kat...Here's the recipe. I'll post it here 'cause others might like it too. DH and I (used to) make 1/2 a recipe, mix it with roasted chicken or turkey from the deli and that was dinner. It's delish!

Tina's strawberry Romaine Salad

Dressing:

1 c vegetable oil

3/4 c sugar (I use Splenda...always...even for company)

1/2 c red wine vinegar

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. paprika

1/4 tsp. ground white pepper

Mix all ingredients in a jar, cover tightly & shake vigorously. Refrigerate for up to one week. Advance prep is not necessary, however.

Salad:

1 large head Romaine lettuce

1 head Boston lettuce

1 pint strawberries, sliced

1 cup (4 oz) shredded monterrey jack cheese (I use feta, but less)

1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted

Tear lettuce into bite size pieces. Combine lettuce, strawberries, cheese, and nuts in a large bowl. Shake dressing and pour over salad just before serving. Toss gently. Serves 12.

I'm suddenly very hungry!!

I'd love the recipe Gina!!!!!

Kat

SUGARED PECANS

This version of a recipe for sugar pecans is cooked in the slow cooker.

INGREDIENTS:

• 16 ounces pecan halves
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

PREPARATION:

Stir the pecans and butter in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart Crock Pot until combined. Add *confectioners' sugar, stirring to coat. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes. Turn to low and cook uncovered for about 2 hours, or until the nuts are covered with a glaze and are a little crispy.

Transfer to a bowl, combine spices and sift over nuts, tossing to distribute evenly.

Cool pecans before serving.

*When I made them - I combined the powder sugar and spices - less hassel. You can use any spice combination you wish.

Have fun!

Gina

I'm going to take this body to bed before I start getting hungry reading all those yummy recipes. I got in two workouts today.. one hour on my bike and 40 minutes in the pool doing Water aerobics. We leave early tomorrow morning to head down to the doctor for our fills. Will check in when we get back on Tuesday! Everyone sleep well tonight and remember to follow those bandster rules!!

I'm going to take this body to bed before I start getting hungry reading all those yummy recipes. I got in two workouts today.. one hour on my bike and 40 minutes in the pool doing Water aerobics.

Judy-You are doing so GREAT!! At this rate you are definitely going to surpass your mini goal of -50 by Aug 10th!!!!

I am starting to watch your progress more than my own!! LOL

Everyone have a great day!!!

Thanks, Tacy!! Now the pressure is on.. lol We're out the door for our 4 hour trip to the doc for our fills. Will report in when we get back late Tuesday. Everyone have a great day and remember to follow those bandster rules!!!

There's something that drives me nuts.

I've belonged to weight loss boards before and now this one. I don't understand how somebody can weigh the same amount as me, be essentially the same height as me and FIT INTO CLOTHES 4 SIZES SMALLER than me???

Saw a girl posting that she wears a size 12, but other stats are the same as mine. I wear a 14W for cryin' out loud!!! How is that even possible?

1) She's exaggerating (or lying)

2) She's been working out and has rippling muscles of steel (NOT!)

3) She carries her weight differently (maybe, but 4 sizes??)

or

4) She has to use tools and winches to get into her clothes

??????????????????????

I just don't get it.:)

Terri I think the tools and winches part are right. I have lost all together 80 something pounds, and was in a 3x, some 4x, but for the most part 3x, they still fit, they are big, but can now get into 2x, but for that much weight you would think I would be down more sizes. I am also VERY short, I am only 5 feet, and am sort of fibbing when I say that, because when I had my surgery I was under 5 feet, but figure I wasn't standing up tall, and she wouldn't remeasure me!! Anyways, I think we all carry our weight someplace different, and lose sizes differently.

Judy, you are in inspiration for weight loss and exercise!!! Since I had more surgery last week all I am going to do this month is walk on the treadmill, but I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

I first went to the Dr. who did my lap band in August of 06 about my hernia. At that point I weighed 349 and she told me to lose 50 pounds before surgery. Well I did, but I am thinking my goal will be to lose 100 pounds by I believe it is August 8!! What a wonderful goal that would be!!! I think it is possible, keep your fingers crossed!!!

FILLS---I don't think I could be this far along without my restriction. If you don't have it, call your Doctor!!! I have had a VERY stressful time since surgery, not with the lap band, but with the umpteen problems with the hernia. There have been times where I would LOVE to eat!!! But, the band kept me from eating too much. I have great restriction, and hope everyone else can at some point feel the restriction I have!!! I really can't tell you enough what that restriction has meant to me, especially when I read some posts!!

I have rambled enough!!! Have a good day!!!