Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

WOOO HOOOOO... Good morning all you Shrinkin' Violets!! Good news to report this morning. I decided to weigh in before heading downstate and I lost 2 POUNDS!! I hit my -25# goal and hubby is going to the jewelry store to get my newest charm!! :clap2: I was thinking I had to wait until I had lost another 10# to get another charm. I totally forgot about the -25# one!! Now it's only 9 pounds to go till I hit ONEDERLAND!!!

It's a new day, a new week and I'm excited. What a difference a day makes. Everyone have a great one and keep to the bandster rules!!

Christy.. you and your family will be in my prayers.

Hi everyone,

Nothing too exciting for me this weekend , I planted and worked on the weeds in my yard, and I tell you that was a work out for me . I have not lost weight since last monday and I'm starting to worry like some of the girls too. I'm hoping it's just my body adjusting to the initial weight loss.

I am only eating 2oz per meal and mostly fish and veg, fisha and fruit.Yesterday my DH bought me a new blender so I was able to make smoothies with bananas and strawberries. I used that as a meal replacemnt and it was quite filling.

I love reading everyones stories. I love this thread. I have to try and figure out how to put the shrinking violet on my signature.

Bye Ladies

Terri-Congrats!!!

Laura-Nice house-So exciting!

Teach- Thank goodnes the bread did not act like a fur ball

Tracy-I have the same jeans I'm waiting to fit into.

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!

I had problems editing the page yesterday so I didn't get to add AnnieMac and this morning I see we have a new member..

HELLO TekyMOM!

I tried on a pair of my old BLACK levis 515 midrise boot cut today...... they DON'T fit YET... but I can get them over my booty.. I figure in a couple weeks I should be getting close to buttoning them....

Pamela: congrats on winning the salsa cook off at school!

I've been eating higher calories than I should, but still smaller portions. We are going out of town Wednesday night WITHOUT kids! I'm really looking forward to it... it will be a true VACATION MODE test!

ONE NSV .... last night DBF went to Dairy Queen and I got NOTHING.. (he got a large shake AND a large Blizzard) and he also just went up a size in jeans...... 36 to 38..

OK.. let me go try and add the changes......... (the smiley face thing it does when you edit is a real PITA)

Tracy.. congrats on being strong at Dairy Queen!!! :clap2: If you want to edit, just click on the button that says advanced when you see the smilies.. then you get to the easy edit one.

Hi everyone,

I have to try and figure out how to put the shrinking violet on my signature.quote]

Just highlight the logo, copy and paste it into your signature.

Okay, I am up 3 pounds this week. I can blame some on a scale change, but not 3 pounds. I am also having some complications (I think) from the hernia surgery that accompanied the band. I am waiting for the Dr. to call back with suggestions. I should have called last week, but I hate Dr.s. I really do, I am so bummed out right now.

Jane

By the way Laura your house looks neat!!! That is so exciting starting from scratch! You get to pick everything out don't you? Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by kity viewpost.gif

Terri~ I have so many questions I hope you don't mind.

1. Could you feel it in your tummy? No, the only thing I could feel was the shot. After that...nothing.

2. Did it feel weird to eat, I mean in your tummy? No. Comparing it to the restriction I had immediately post-op (swelling?) this was not as restrictive. It was a good kind....no golf balls in the throat or pain of any kind. But then again, it WAS soft food.< /span>

3. How big is a quiche thingy...I don't know? When I recorded my food for the day I figured it was about 1 egg, 1 oz steamed spinach, 1/2 oz of cheese. 1/2 c Tomato basil Soup.< /span>

4. Did the barium flow right through? no, it kinda dribbled thru...but fairly quickly.

5. If so, is that enough restriction? I guess we'll see?!

6. The Water, did you feel that above the band? Maybe for a second. I drank normally, though...didn't take baby sips or anything.

7. Have you eaten again? Yes, just had some cottage cheese and 1/2 banana. No problems.

8. 1.5 cc...what size is your band?I'm pretty sure it's 4cc.

9. So many more!

Terry & Kity! Thanks so much. I was wondering about all the same questions.

Good Morning all you Shrinking Violets!!! HmmmmSV for short, same as scale Victory----very, very fitting!!!

Today we see the Dr. again, I don't think they will do anything, nor plan to do anything, they said they wanted to give the meds a fighting chance, and that could be up to a month or longer before change made itself apparent. I hate this part---I am an instant gratification kind of gal---waiting for results is so hard.

Jane---what kind of issues are you having? That has to be scary!

Tracy---keep trying those pants, you will be surprised, even when the scale says there is no change---there will be in inches! My BIL did similar things to my SIL that your DBF is doing, and the good news is, once he settled in to the fact that she was not using her surgery as a roundabout way to change him, he quit. He is now pretty supportive, and is actually seeming to change his own habits a bit---not much, but he binges less at home. While you might think the issue is strictly yours---it isn't, they are both in their late 50's and have been married for over 37 years, and still had to deal with the insecurity that sometimes happens with this. He (my BIL) needs to lose weight desperately, he has a horrible family health history, and carries it ALL in a HUGE belly (kinda like me!!!!!). I know he will never go for banding, because my SIL has made it an undesirable to everyone, because she throws up everything she eats.......and tells everyone that. I don't know whether to think she just exchanged one eating disorder for another---obesity for bulemia, or whether it is her way of being the only one to lose the weight, which is what her own daughter thinks---it is scary! Just really glad I am not depending only on her for lap band support!!!

Judy---I am going to have to take computer lessons from you!!! We are talking about buying a new one, and I am dreading it like I cannot even tell you!!!!

atcgirl---working in the yard is what I was trying to do yesterday between the rain storms! DH come home with 4 new rose bushes for me yesterday--gotta decide where they are going! He found a lime green colored hybrid rose, it is pretty cool looking!!

Christy---how you feeling? Consider the prayers, a done deal!

Pamela---you going to share that slasa recipe????? I have to be careful whenI eat hot stuff---I cannot do it within a couple of hours of when I will be laying down. I reflux then, I guess the increased acid gets me. But if I eat early, and give myself time, I can still have my hot food!

Terry---yea---you made it through your first fill!!! I have a hard to hit port---it is a low profile, and buried deep---like I say I have lots of belly fat---and it took a few pokes, but even at that, it wasn't a big deal!

Monterrey girl, TekyMom---welcome---these are a great group of girls who let me hang with them!! You will love the support they provide!

Jennifur, Househuntress, Jennifer, Sara, Laura----and everyone---excuse me if I left out your name, but I suffer from CRS---have a great day!!!!

Kat

Ok.. so I'm having a teency weency problem pulling myself away from the computer. We're not on any time schedule today to get downstate, so I'm putzing around here taking my time. Just got the ok from the nurse to go swimming in the pool at the hotel and that is going to be a treat for me!!! Last hotel we were at two weeks ago had a beautiful pool and I couldn't go in cause my incisions weren't totally healed yet. This time I'll be in the pool all evening!! Did I mention I love Water? ? The kind you jump in, not necessarily the kind you have to drink 64 oz. of each and every day.

Hi Girls & fellows!

I have to tell you what happened to me this weekend. It was NOT good! :) My husband and I went out to Old Chicago’s for dinner we got some chicken wings and Italian Nachos to split. I got ice Water to drink. My husband ordered it from the bar because he was getting a beer.... anyway when they gave us our drinks our table was ready so we sat down. I took a drink of my water and it tasted gross! So I took a bite of a chicken wing to get that taste out of my mouth. Big mistake. I was PBing and sliming so bad that I could not even make it to the bathroom. Lucky me that they had given us a bunch of napkins for the wings -- I was sliming in. I finally got to the bathroom and just stood there for about 15 minutes spitting up like slime (sorry about the TMI). When I made it back to the table it started again. I realized when I sat down it was much worse. My DH can be so insensitive he told me I was grossing him out, by spitting or sort of vomiting into the napkin. I could not even talk to get on to him! :angry Lucky him. Anyway when my tummy finally calmed down I asked DH to taste my water… and he did (ha ha on him that is what he gets!). He said it was definitely the water! We figured that it was never really washed it went through the sanitizer stage, and then she picked it up and added the ice water! Let me tell you, if that is PBing and sliming I hope it never happens again. I think I had it so bad because of the sanitizer mixed with the chicken wing. Imagine not even being able to yell at DH! :waytogo: It turned out ok in the end. We walked a little after we left there, to the movies and I felt a whole lot better. :P Just a warning...

DH just came home with my new charm. Thought you'd like to see the ones I have so far.. The angels are for 10# and the gold and silver is for 25#. The picture with two views is the clip to keep the charms in one section of the Bracelet. I have two of the clips. I just love the bracelet. Kudos :clap2: to the person that thought up getting a charm bracelet to record our progress!!!

post-215048-13813134948512_thumb.gif

post-215048-13813134948814_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813134949018_thumb.gif

Judy,

I love your charms~ I still dont have my charm braclet yet which is ok because I have not lost enough weight to even get one charm on it yet! But I will -- hopefully with my first fill!

I did tell the waitress about the glass after my DH had already paid! He paid the bill and got a to go box why I was going back and forth to the restroom. I wish I could have complained right off, but the chicken was so stuck from sliming or whatever I really could not even talk. My DH didnt even try the Water until I asked him too because he just thought i was sick from the chicken wing! Anyway the waitress SAID she would talk to the bartender but you know how that goes!

Angie~ That is just terrible. I am soooo scared of that, especially in a resturaunt. I've told my partner already, "If I ever quickly get up and walk to the bathroom, don't ask...I won't be able to tell you anyway." Do you have a fill yet? I ask because now I eat as I did before...can I PB without a fill, I can't feel anything?!

Judy~ Your charms are so cute. My poor Bracelet, has only one lonely charm. I am hoping to correct that after the fill.

For anyone interested PK's Kick Yo Azz salsa was made from:

1. sweet cherry tomatoes

2. boiler onions (sweeter)

3. Cilantro

4. 5 Serano chilis (WEAR GLOVES WHEN CUTTING)

5. 1 yellow chili (SEE #4 FOR CUTTING).

6. Half a juiced lemom.

Warning: This was so hot, I couldn't even eat it. My entire fridge smelled like chili's. People at work ate it up but thought it would go great w/ a cold beer!

Have a great day!