Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Welcome Anniemac and Rvingdi!! I'm sure Tracy will add you to the list once she gets back. She is the originator of the thread and can edit the list.

You've come to a great place. There are lots of us, for sure and more being added all the time. We're calling ourselves the Shrink'n Violets cause we're lovely, we smell good and we're getting smaller each day!!

Terri- Congrats!!! I had the same discovery this morning myself. I keep bouncing between 311-314. This morning it was 310! Finally bounced down a little more.

Denise(Adorable) WOW!!! We are true band twins! I am down 25 lbs (since starting my pre op diet April 2)

I faced my first buffet last night and did REALLY good.... 1 plate with a little of everything soft and some salmon.... I DID NOT FEEL miserable and I was able to enjoy a meal out with my boys.

Tonight I had 1/2 a grilled hamburger (mixed in ranch seasoning) and ketchup VERY, VERY, VERY slowly and I'm OK!

Well, this isn't very impressive, but here are my 1 month progress photos. Mostly I see it in my boobs :cry and my back. This is a loss of 12#. (Yes,my hair does actually grow! I get a haircut every 4 weeks...lol)

I have been told by physicians and the obesity center that I will not feel hunger with the lap band, they said if I do it's that I don't have my band full enough. So tell me why do I hear so many of you say you're hungry???? I'm curious. I am to be done in May or June. Is it cravings??? or actually stomach growling hunger?

Just Curious

Our bands are installed empty, we don't feel full FAST until we have proper restriction (FILLS)

GREAT JOB TERRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert bananna here!)

You are on the BRINK of ONEderland! and I love the pics.. I can really see the difference in your neck and your butt!

HELLO violets! WELCOME.. Big as Life! Areellady! RvingDi!!

I will go add you all to the main list WAAAAAAAAAY back on page one!

I am so grateful for this band....... I am already getting into some of my old clothes... and todays NSV was that some of my underwear fit me again! I am sooooooooooo close to retiring the uber big granny panties that i've been wearing as of late..............

I am full after 1/2 of a bunless burger and KNOCK ON WOOD I feel totally fine. I have to go ice a birthday cake... but I'll add everyone before I go!

Hi,

I was banded in Jacksonville Florida on April 30th. I'd love to join the group.

anniemac

Great job on the buffet!!!! Don't forget to add anniemac...I think there were only three while you were away, but I couldn't swear to it!

Welcome to our board everyone!!!

Okay...any accountability anyone can offer is great...

I commit to exercise (probably treadmill or track) 5 times a week and build up to 45 minutes each of those 5 days.

Before surgery, I was there, but I'm having to build up again...can only handle about 18-20 minutes right now...

I'll keep poppin my Iron supplements and be good as new before you know it!!

Thanks for the support!!!

Wow---this thread moves so fast, I spend all my time catching up on you guys!!!

Rick is hanging in there, he is still in A-fib, but faithfully taking his meds, and hoping it is helping, we see the Dr. again on Monday, and also have a PT/INR check of his blood then too.

I can't believe y'all are starting fills already---amazing how Dr.s differ! I was banded on April 24th, and didn't get my first fill until June 16th. He made an exception and did it a week early, because he was planning a vacation, and did not want to fill anyone the week before he left, in case there were issues of someone being too tight and needing an unfill, he wanted to be sure to be there.

Jennifur--I would call the DD's BFF's Mom, and be very friendly and nice, and ask her if her DD had mentioned the shared party, and if she says no, tell her you are sorry, that you thought it had been discussed, so why doesn't she call you back after chatting with her DD. If she says yes it is ok with her, I'd say I was calling to get some things squared away, who was doing what, and laugh about being afraid you'd end up with 2 cakes, and no ice cream....or something. Then ask her if next Saturday would work to get together to work on the back yard, and pool area, so it will be ready. Not actually ask if she will help, ask if the day is ok, like you EXPECT her help! Tell he maybe the 2 of you can do the hedges, while the girls (plural---hers too) clean the lawn furniture---detail it enough so that she might realize how much work is involved. Then if no one wants to help--I'd call her back and ask if she was willing to help pay for a public location, since there was no way to get all the work done alone.

I always ended up being the Mom with all the parties at my house, but I insisted on help! It annoyed the hell out of me, when the kids were little, the parents dropping them off for a party, then not showing up til 5 hours later! I finally on youngest DD's invitation, to a summer fun party (her birthday is in the winter, so we had a party just for fun) put "Unattended children at the party will be fed pure sugar and sent home with a puppy!" I made sure I had plenty of lawn chairs, and iced tea, and expected them to stay and care for their own kids!

We met the family in town for Breakfast today---was a bit quiet, his sister didn't show----oh well!!! I enjoyed it anyway! Then Rick and I drove up into Colorado, it was snowing---did some shopping, just spent some time walking around, making plans for some new yard changes. Then come back to our favorite Mexican restaurant, and went in and had a Cinco De mayo Special----I have not cooked at all today!!! I LOVE IT!!!

I'm going to read up the rest of the missed posts, will check back with y'all in awhile!

Kat

I'm sure some of you know about this website, but I'm going to post it for those of you who don't. It's absolutely a wonderful tool in helping me count calories AND my nutrients! You can log all of your meals, you can copy and paste a recipe and it figures out how many calories and nutrients per serving, and you can track your weight loss, and even tell it how many calories you're going to eat daily, how active (or sedentary) you are, and it will give you a target date for your weight goal. I LOVE it! Hope you find it useful too! <br /> <br /> http://www.calorie-count.com

Good Morning fellow Shrinki'n Violets!!

Well, today was weigh in day and you'll notice my ticker did not move. I didn't lose a thing this week. I'm disappointed, but not discouraged. For those of you struggling out there, take heed. I have not cheated or slipped up once since I started this journey. I've added my exercise this month, most days at 45 minutes and still, STILL didn't lose this week. BUT.. I'm going to keep plugging away and doing what I'm told and knowing that eventually, EVENTUALLY, it will come off. I take comfort in knowing this weight will NOT come back on as long as I stick with the program and continue doing what I'm doing.

Everyone have a great day and keep the faith!!

1-9-9

:Banane43::woot::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::woot::thumbs_up:

Wow...(((Jennifur.))) you are going through a LOT of stress right now. You have a lot on your plate to deal with.

I don't have kids so my advice to you may be lacking in practical experience.

You are wearing many different hats here...

You have a list of issues and It may help to prioritise, and at the moment I imagine it may seem you can't see the woods for the trees. You are overwhelmed.

Let's start your list with YOU and work out from there.

YOU have just had a surgery that you decided to have to clean up your emotional & behavioural life let's say. But you are knee deep in emotions & life & are torn between financial, parenting & social issues that are stealing you from the time you need to take for yourself. This procedure no doubt has us all limited in a social capacity. We need to address the fact that you feel very left out.

I think you should try to be a bit flexible and give yourself social limits. Give yourself the permission to live and participate. In the case of the bbq, maybe you could bring your own dish, and make up your own beverage and bring it along so that you can join in with the eating & drinking. Set your limits and adhere to them. You can't expect to stand around empty handed and not feel at some sort of a loss. That is unnatural.

You mentioned you think your friends are finding you hard to "deal" with. Your friends I imaging they are probably reacting to the uncomfortable vibe you're sending out. As humans we don't need to open our mouths to send out vibes, it's radiating from us.

In LBT you may notice that we are all communicating solely through typed words yet you can "feel" the mood behind them. You can tell when someone is excited, encouraged or down, we don't have to see faces or hear any tones, we are still displaying our emotions because we ARE them.

My friends & family always felt uneasy with me on diets because they could sense my "I Can't" vibes & would be so aware of my mental attitude which was always unyielding & negative. See if by "owning" your decision to have this surgery will make any difference when you're out with them. ALWAYS have a plan for participation in social life.

People are needy & your friends don't know it but have developed a NEED for you to be upbeat & in good form. that is probably the role you have established with them, but you can't fill others needs until your own are met. So that brings us to some other stresses you have.

In relation to the party you have planned, it's important that you know this is a choice. Like a lot of women, you spend a lot of time doing things for everyone else and then feeling put upon & hating it. Take care of your own needs, have and communicate your expectations.

You need to communicate that you are not superwoman and that you are not doing this party for the good of your health. Talk to this other childs mother and tell her that while you are looking forward to the party there is a lot of work to be done & draught her & her daughter's help. Remember this is all pre party. You are going to have a clean up on your hands after it too & should enlist help now to deal with that when it comes along, or you'll have ANOTHER issue.

You're daughter at the moment is helping you rake the yard while her "friend" is out having a great time. Your daughter is learning right now to do exactly what is driving you mad. She is doing it all herself, and letting others walk all over her. Explain to her that this is what is bothering you so she doesn't just see you as a demon!

As for throwing pots & pans at you, that is not acceptable and learning a bit of respect would be a valuable lesson for her to learn.

As I am not a mother I don't have any suggestions on how to do this.

As for your sick friend who is turning the tables on you, what is it you are venting about? Could that be too much for her to deal with at the moment? You have been very good to her & she availed of your goodness, it may be too soon for her to reciprociate. She may sense from you that you resent her selfishness at the moment.

She is being selfish because she needs to be, it is a matter of survival instinct for her. You need to be selfish yourself and get back behind the driving seat of your own life before it gets the better of you.

Give her space & don't vent to her anymore. Let her heal. You are the friend she depended on & it may be distressing to her to see you unravel.

I really wish I could help you Jennifur, you have a lot of emotions boiling to the surface in your life right now, and it is a very stressful & confusing thing. Please be gentle on yourself & take care of yourself during this time. It may help to write your feelings & vent on paper. Make lists...here is a suggestion for you to start with.

1. What do you value? (love? friends? family? Loyalty? Respect?)

(are you giving & recieving the above?) Why & why not?

2. What is not working for you, what do you find is bothering you?

(feeling left out at the BBQ) why?

(how could it be different?)

3. What makes you feel good? What do you enjoy?

( going to the movies is good for me!!) Cooking also!!

Try tackling one question a day & write it all down, get it out!!