Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hello Adorable

I'm 11 days post op and have been stomach-growling hungry almost every day. The good news is that a half cup of gruel later, I'm full to the gills. I'm looking forward to my first fill helping to kill the hunger. Dropping the pounds quickly makes the growling a lot more bearable.

Okay I've caught up! This was a busy weekend for me so I've been away from the boards. I had an oops moment I guess? I'm not sure the rule on alcohol because I DON'T DRINK. I've never had a taste for alcohol, so my doctor didn't tell me anything about alcohol.. except no carbonation which goes with cokes, so I know no beers. Well Friday some of the girls in the office were talking about going to a bar, and I knew my fiance had plans that night, so they invited me along and I was like SURE! So, I rode with them.. I ended up getting tuckered! :faint:

I had a few cranberry with vodka, a couple tequila sunrises, a shot of buttery nipple, and a few other shots of things people ordered for me. I'm sure the caloric count was no good, but my saving grace is that I had not eaten today (or was it my saving grace?) so I know I couldn't have gone over my daily intake. I was feeling great, we bar hopped, ended up at some club and dancing the night away (workin up a sweat, and not carin that I'm an akward dancer LOL). Was 3 of us women, and they're my size 0 hotties, so they brought a lot of attention. I really had fun that night, then I got a Migraine and had fiance come pick me up. He kept telling me to drink Water (I never did get sick BTW, just headache from hell). So I drank about 2 bottles of Water and passed out.. Woke up fine on Saturday (whew) in time to go to a friend's wedding. Was nice, and I skipped the reception so I wasn't tempted by wedding cake.. mm. I got to talk to them between the wedding and reception, so I didn't seem rude (he knew I had the surgery).

Then me and fiance had a movie night. On Sunday was cookout with my family, and I'm able to eat quite a bit now since no restriction (should change Wednesday!!). They always have sooo much food. My g'ma brought boiled eggs for me :)

So I had egg salad, some baked Beans, and a couple bites of my mom's cheesedip. Didn't touch any Desserts. Then we went to my new house (which is where those pics came from), and then we walked around the lake at my mom's house (wheeeew it was HOT yesterday).

I am extremely excited about the house, we did get to pick out EVERYTHING, and our new 'tentative' close date is June 22! We'll likely pay rent for July and slowly move in (I also wanted to repaint the walls before we move in, they won't let you paint anything but beige, in case we back out and they have to resell it).

Laura

what a crazy weekend, but sounds like you had fun. I am not suppose to drink and of course you had all my favorites, including the buttery niples. I keep the stuff in my freezer so i can make whenever!

So, I just spend the morning crying, didn't get the job at the railroad, but I guess at least they called. This is getting very depressing.

AAHH Jennifer, Remember, if you didn't get "the job", then it wasn't the right one for you. When it is "your" job, you'll get it. Life always seems to work itself out. It's like the Garth Brooks song, Unanswered Prayers...there is a master plan. Keep your chin up. We are all thinking about you!

Yes, keep your chin up Jennifur! The right job will come along :)

---

And about PBing in a restaurant, I notice I feel stuck, and do the same stupid thing everytime- feel stuck, big gulp of Water, stuck more and shortly after up comes the Water and food- when I eat too fast. Last time I went out to dinner with my mom she said 'Please don't throw up!!' and I said "If I'm going to, I have time to get to the bathroom'. I don't 'slime' though, still haven't experienced that yet. I think it's 3 times now, that I've eaten too fast, gulped water, and let it come out. 2 times I did it into a bottle nearby at home, 3rd time I ran to the bathroom and did it. Fiance laughs at me :waytogo:

Christy I am so sorry to hear about your father-in law, that is so sad:girl_hug: , is there any chance that he may regain his mobility at all? I will certainly say a little prayer for all of you xx

Laura, I'm amazed!! Wow, your house has really come along, it looks just fabulous, I bet you cant wait to get in there and live!! How wonderful :)

Well, todays been a bit slow. Its a bank hoilday here today, Ive been studying my books, went to see my mum, and farted about really, haven done any exercise, which I know I should have done. I cant wait to have a fill now, I can really feel the munchies coming on every day, or maybe Im getting a bit obessed about food again. Last night I started to read the calorie book :paranoid and tried to visulise what each food tasted like...I am so sad!!

Take care all,

Love sara xx

Good morning all.

Had an interesting weekend - 10 days post op. Pulled some weeds -not too much, did some laundry - - Later in the day had awful pain.

I think I dislodged some gas bubbles or something because it really set me on my heels. Has anyone else had this experience? I didn't think it was possible to still have that excess gas floating around in there, but since the pain travelled, and the heating pad helped, that's my best, unprofessional diagnosis. Any thoughts?

Lauralee

AWWWWWWWE Laura! No wonder you got snookered!!! all that mixing of drinks and SHOTS!!! LOL At least the dancing helped sweat some of it out of your system before your head hit the pillow!

Have you tried on your hawt jeans lately????

OK... gotta cut this short.. boss is eyeballing me

WOOO HOOOOO... Good morning all you Shrinkin' Violets!! Good news to report this morning. I decided to weigh in before heading downstate and I lost 2 POUNDS!! I hit my -25# goal and hubby is going to the jewelry store to get my newest charm!! :clap2: I was thinking I had to wait until I had lost another 10# to get another charm. I totally forgot about the -25# one!! Now it's only 9 pounds to go till I hit ONEDERLAND!!!

It's a new day, a new week and I'm excited. What a difference a day makes. Everyone have a great one and keep to the bandster rules!!

Christy.. you and your family will be in my prayers.

Teach, well done on the 2lb loss!!! You'll gent to ONEDERLAND in no time!! :clap2:

Jennifur..:) (((Big Hug))))

You will find the right job for you. Pams right, all it means that is that job wasnt the right one for you.....there is a job out there Jennifur with your name on it hon. I know this means so much to you....

My nan (grandmother) when she was alive, some time I used to get frustrated and sad about things not happening, or like felt it was getting harder used to say to me....

" As one door closes, another door opens" be patient a little while longer Jennifur...there is a job out there for you, its around the corner....only you cant see it just yet...

Have faith.....

Love Sara xx

Laura...sounds like you had an exellent time partying with your mates!!!!!!!! Good on ya!!!!

Sara xx

P.S re PB/slimeing....Ive had that too, oh boy, Sophie, my youngest, has seen me too, and if ever I urge now, shes like mum...get outta here!! LOL

You guys are so sweet, I know the right job is out there, it is just so frustrating - I know the perfect job is not the depot, and i'm sure they are not going to like that I can't work thurs nights and sat nights, as I'm going to work a 2nd job perm with my step mom - it was an easy $100, a few groceries $60 in my gas and $10 to my daughter for helping. But since I didn't know how i was going to put gas in my car this week, it is worth it for the little things you don't figure in your bills

Laura - what an exciting journey you and a house. Wow! You will be so proud of both. You are young and beautiful. Best wishes!

I weighed in today and am at 207. I lost 2 3/4 pounds last week. I think that is a decent loss. My desire is to see it immediately gone. But I am making other short term goals, like working out 5 times this week. So far, I have gone to the gym two days.

I have a question for people who have had a fill - does it knock you over or could I have a scheduled appt with my trainer in the afternoon of the fill? I'm clueless.

Christy - good going on the weight loss. So sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It is upsetting to watch another's decline. Hugs amd a prayer for him.

Teach lady - you are doing really well in the weight loss area. I have now officially lost 19 pounds and working hard at it. I thought it would be faster, but on the upside, maybe my skin will adjust and I won't need the TT surgery.

Hugs and all the best to the Violets,

Michelle

Tracy- I haven't tried the jeans lately since my weight loss has stopped! I did finally hit that 310 mark like I said, which was nice since I've been stuck at 311-314. I take my measurements every saturday, I did lose another inch on my waist, but the sexy jeans I bought when I was like 290lb..and they didn't fit then. So, I overestimated how quickly I'd lose, unless this fill on Wed. works some miracles, will be a while longer before those jeans fit!