Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

((Brenners)) I'm sorry about your trouble. You have a great attitude! Keep it up! Did he say why the port moved? Guess a stitch or two came undone!? ;)

WOAH!!! PHEW....am all caught up with the reading!!

As someone pointed out are we going for the longest thread ever? I was just thinking the same thing and wondering if Others are moving like ours when I saw that post!

Firstly BRENNERS!!! have been thinking about you, good to hear from you. That's a complete pain in the a#@ about your port but I know it's something that is easily fixed by the doc & I hope you get to move on from there. You sound great though in spite of that, fair play to you for keepin the good side out...xx and well done on the excercise!!

Christy...Me the rez councellor...LOL....sometimes I wonder!!

I am sorry for your troubles with FIL...that's sad..xx

KAT....your post...He (my BIL) needs to lose weight desperately, he has a horrible family health history, and carries it ALL in a HUGE belly (kinda like me!!!!!). I know he will never go for banding, because my SIL has made it an undesirable to everyone, because she throws up everything she eats.......and tells everyone that. I don't know whether to think she just exchanged one eating disorder for another---obesity for bulemia, or whether it is her way of being the only one to lose the weight, which is what her own daughter thinks---it is scary! Just really glad I am not depending only on her for lap band support!!!

OHHHH!!!! Attention seeker anyone? I'm sorry but what a selfish and mean person this sounds like!! YES YES YES.... God forbid anyone else around her go under the knife for the band, it just might steal her thunder?

Then again she could be in total defense mode and this is her wqy of letting you all know that her decision was not "taking the easy way out" as we all know IT"S NOT. God forbid she finds herself without a struggle to play on?

I find that strange that she is being a fly in the ointment when others around her have had the same procedure...is she trying to highlight her struggle as more pressing and sympathy deserving than everyone else?

Do some people ever grow up?

I feel sorry for these "adult Children!!"

I don't know why this bothered me so much Kat!! (I think it reminds me of someone I use to know, and who I never got to slap in the face like I always wanted to & should have) I'm sorry to take issue with a member of your family, but I really don't know how you cope with this & all the kind of behaviour they seem to think they are entitled to...are they SPECIAL in some way?

Ohhh, :angry :angry

Anyway Kat...I just think you're fantastic. You are so strong & upbeat, with all you're going through with Rick, you are still joyful & you still find the time in you life & in your heart to check in here every day and cheer us & support us & report on you own endeavors

I really admire you....You're a great person...xxx

EVERYONE else....well done...keep it up...good luck...hang in there...chin up...

FIND TIME TODAY TO LOVE YOURSELF IN SOME LITTLE WAY...XXX

I really don't know why my text shrunk towards the end in that last post..anyway...

I haven't update my ticker yet but I lost 2# this week. I'm delighted & surprised as I had prepared myself for a different outcome. This leaves me with 1/2 lb to go to first goal of -24lbs.

I received my James Avery charm today & I'm kinda confused as they Bracelet & charm arrived in seperate pkging...how do I get the charm onto the bracelet? I really don't want to dend it back in the mail to solder ONE charm on there...and I wanted to wear it now!!

Meaners!!!

Pain in my shoulder drove me mad on my 2nd flight yesterday...I ended up standing down the back of the plane in tears. The airhostess had been very rude to me in front of other passengers as I couldn't bear to stay seated and then she realised I actually was in pain and lightened up. lucky for her she did, as I was standing by the emergency door and the spawn of satan that was easily accessible within me would have disposed of her very quickly!!

Stooopid cow!!!

So I made it finally & I'm good again today TG. Going to the mushies page now.

Did anyone see that HBO special documentary called "THIN"? All about a few girls' experience inside an eating disorder clinic. Extremely interesting (and horribly sad, too). But Kat -- is your SIL throwing up on purpose??? EWW!!! Well, in this documentary there was one young girl who was obviously very sick. She'd rather be dead than 'overweight' although she weighed about 90#. But in their group therapy one of the other girls said, "You just want to be the sickest one here."....and I thought that was a strange thing to say, at first. Then I watched that special three more times and think I finally understood it. I think we all know that anexoria and bulemia are all about feeling in control...and from the little I've heard that fits your SIL to a tee! Eh? I mean, she came all unglued because she didn't get her way about transferring Rick (for one thing) which is absolutely not her call to make, and then 'punished' you by not attending the family outing. Oh brother!! Good luck with that one! I have an ex-MIL that was 5x worse. She has 8 kids and only 2 of them talk to her anymore.

GOOD MORNING!

Unfortunately I bounced up this morning but I know its Water because my rings are tight and I ate to much sodium yesterday ...

Brenners: WOW! How did you know your port moved can you feel it? I have yet to feel my port.

I have 3 new hires to orientate today so I will sign off short and sweet...

Check back later!

DRINK THAT WATER!!!!!!!!!!

I received my James Avery charm today & I'm kinda confused as they Bracelet & charm arrived in seperate pkging...how do I get the charm onto the bracelet? I really don't want to dend it back in the mail to solder ONE charm on there...and I wanted to wear it now!!

Meaners!!!

Well, they probably didn't solder it because they didn't know where you wanted it on the bracelet. If you take it to a local jeweler they probably wouldn't charge you much to solder it on.

Alternatively, you can email James Avery and ask them to correct the situation. They are very service oriented and would probably pay for the return shipping.

Goodness... I feel kinda bad for my outburst there a while ago RE Kat sil!! I was outside thinking about it & I thought god I prob am being insensitive!!

It just really bothers me to be around or hear about the kinda people who wear their issues so aggressively, with no consideration for the lives around them. That woman is putting her own vanity before her brother's (?) health.

I'm sorry if I was a bit strong or offended anyone but I just don't understand why people are willing to let themselves be known as the intolerable pain in the butt rather than deal with their issues, face them & change for the better.

My main motivation & problem with my weight is primarily a vanity issue. I hate looking like I do and not being able to dress like I want. It's not that I hate eating everything I feel like, I quite enjoy that. But when I put my vanity aside I see what my unhappiness does to those around me, how they suffer because I'm too busily wrapped up in my pile of s@#t to be the best sister, daughter, friend & wife I can be.

Those who love me see my potential and it's frustrating & energy zapping for them to see me waste all that I can be. I think this is why I am feeling so uplifted right now on this particular journey, I have found the motivation I always needed to drag myself out of the cycle that got me here. Because those I love are being shortchanged, and I'm truly grateful to be loved by them & for their patience with me so far. THAT is what has lifted the clouds & that is what drives me now. And THAT is what frustrates me about others in whom I see my former selfishness. I was selectively selfish!

Now, I am not only doing this for superficial reasons like clothes size and high heels, I am doing this to reward my family & ultimatley my self and to live a life I can be proud of. I want to be a better friend, wife, sister, daughter and a better me. How can that not be the best gift and to realise I am actually capable of doing this with the one tool I have always had is quite inspiring. That tool is LOVE... pure & simple. I have opened up my heart to give & recieve this very simple but powerful gift, and that will be the difference in my life.

I hope to inspire more people to find the love that will change their world. And to reward any love coming your way because, even if everything else is taken from you, you will always have love.

Good luck everyone with todays adventure....lets all exercise some and think postitive thoughts for those in need of extra support. Hope everyones day goes good and as Tracy said...DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

Well some have chosen to start charm bracelets ...adding a charm every time they reach chosen milestones! Cool idea, eh? Here in the south, James Avery jewelry is very popular and they have lots and lots and LOTS of charms....handcrafted and very well made.

www.jamesavery.com

Brenners

I'm so sorry, but glad he is able to fix easily. My thoughts are with you.

Ok..so I have Italian charm bracelets...kinda the same thing? I looked at the website...not the same thing...that is a really good idea...I like it..kind of like a momentum of what our journey is about and how it affects you..Deanna

Morning Everyone,

I pose this question to my violet sistas:

Why are we fat? In my therapy, we are getting to this point. The weight is a secondary response to a primary condition. Most all of my problems in my life have been secondary responses to something deep...my why. So as continue on our journeys, I wanted to pause and ask the violets to reflect. This is not meant to be posted, unless you comfortable w/ that. This is meant to cause you to reflect, think, and get to know our "why". Once we know our "why" we don't need to hide from it (for me with food). I am learning my why. It empowers me to know it.

Happy reflections!

Hi Janiebug and others asking about Vitamins.< /p>

Have you tried Emergen C? It's a megadose of Vitamin C 1000 mg 10 mg of B6 and 25 mcg of B12 (that's 417% of RDA) plus other good stuff in single serving pouches - mix one pouch with 2 -3 ounces of Water - it fizzes like an alka seltzer, but does not taste

bad at all - My personal favorite is tangerine. If you don't like the flavor, it's only 3 ounces, so you can continue with plain water.

I get mine at Trader Joe's, but my grocery store also has them in the Vitamin aisle.

It's a great energy boost and also an amazing hangover cure. Not that anyone here would overindulge in useless calories, ;), but just in case....

Hey guys, little miffed today. Got a bill from Anesthesia yesterday.. $1,100 dollars. I was told the anesthesia was $500, which I paid for up front. Now it's 3x that? I'm on hold with the Anesthesia's office, she said 'You ran over 30 minutes'.. so I said, ok first hour is 500, and then 500 every 15m after that???? So I'm on hold, it doesn't even show me being credited for the $500. I'm really irritated that no one told me I was going to have an $1,100 additional bill. Even after surgery the doctor should have mentioned something?! I was told by the doctor, there would be 2 things I hadn't paid for- 1. the barium swallow and the x-ray for the barium swallow, both of which he said were under $50.. and they were, I got the bill for both of those already and paid. But I feel like someone is jerking me around with a bill 3x as much as I was told it would be.