Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Welcome tekymom!

I was also banded 4-9 but with no complications to speak of.

Nice to have another 4-niner!

Hope you are feeling much better from your problems with your port incision.

Gina

Hi Gina,

I see the dr. again tomorrow about my incision. It just isn't healing. Don't really know why.

Good to know a band twin.

Have you felt any restriction at all? I have none. I am scheduled for a fill on May 17. Not soon enough. I know, my tummy needs to heal.

Laura

Hey guys, been a busy weekend, and I need to get to bed (trying to fix my sleep schedule, it's been crazy) but today we went out to our house and since thursday they already drywalled it!! (We went to get the frame pictures). So I guess this is even better, wanted to share it. Sorry it's a lot of space to post it, but I'm excited! I'll catch up on posts tomorrow morning at work.

(Ignore the people in the pics, my whole family went so lots of people runnin around, hard to get shots without them in it)

h571.jpg

Front of the house.

h572.jpg

My door I'm so proud of, I love it! (It's not painted yet, the color will be a reddish black)

h579.jpg

Me and fiance in front of door. My first post-op pic, and I'm not happy about it! People say they notice, but now I've seen a pic, and there is no difference.. grrr.

h577.jpg

The big master bath tub.. Mmmm.

h578.jpg

Looking from the dining room thru the living room, to the front door/computer room.

h576.jpg

One side of the kitchen (Pantry, refrigerator space)

h575.jpg

Other side of kitchen, my window over the sink!

h574.jpg

The living room.

h573.jpg

The computer room.

I spared you a bit, I didn't post the pics of more of it, they all look the same LOL. But that's the highlight of it!

Hi Gina,

I see the dr. again tomorrow about my incision. It just isn't healing. Don't really know why.

Good to know a band twin.

Have you felt any restriction at all? I have none. I am scheduled for a fill on May 17. Not soon enough. I know, my tummy needs to heal.

Laura

Hi Laura

I did have restriction for a little while -- but right now -- not so much unless I eat really dense food. That is the frustrating part I think for all of us.

My first fill isn't till 5/31 -- my birthday is the 16th -- so I might go ahead and have that piece of cake.

Keeping you in my prayers -- to heal! Good luck at the doctors.

Best wishes!

Gina

Laura.. your house is AWESOME!! You've got to be so proud and the door is a beauty! Thanks for sharing the pics. I was reading posts today and wondering where you were. Glad to see you're back!

Has anyone checked out the chat room? It was pretty neat, and finally, there are people there. Just thought I would share, and suggest you check it out when you can! Have a good night!

Pamela

Cool pix of the house Laura. How totally exciting to be at this stage in your life. Your door is rockin!

Hi everyone -- Thanks for all the WOOT's on my new shiny number today! :) Means a lot coming from you all. I've been reading posts and seems like there's a little bit of panic about stalls and worrying about gaining, etc.... Let me give you some reassurance for those of you who are starting to feel some hunger again. I know that's a scary feeling....like HEY, What the hell?? I paid all this money for this band, went thru all this pain....WHY AM I HUNGRY? I'm not supposed to be hungry!!!! Well I'm 2 days after my first fill and my calories went right back down to where they were 2 weeks ago. The hunger is gone again and the best part is that I don't feel drastic restriction! I'll bet this is what a "sweet spot" is all about! Anyway, i thought it might provide some encouragement if I showed you all my weight chart. Sometimes it helps to have a visual...see how my weight bounced around for a LONG time before finally heading down again:

The house is coming along great---and so are you!!! What a wonderful future awaits you. One day soon, you will sit down at your dining room table, look out your new window, feeling the sun shine on you, and look down at yourself, with lots of weight gone, and you will have to pinch yourself, to believe it is all real. I am so glad you are taking charge at such a young age. I wish I had done this sooner! Enjoy every second of the transformations---don't miss all the wonderous steps waiting for the final product! Both you and the house will go through awesome stages----enjoy them all.

Kat

Terri..

CONGRATS on getting to Onederland!!! That's my next mini-goal. I didn't lose any weight this past week, but tomorrow is a new day and a new week and I know it will come off eventually.

Hi-

I'm new to this site, but saw your thread. My surgery was on 4/10/07 with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico. I started at 230 lbs and so far have lost 20 lbs! I'm very excited about that, and I have lost the pain in my knees and I feel like I have more energy, but I also feel very hungry, as if I hadn't even had the surgery. My first fill is scheduled for 24 May, but I'm worried that I will gain back the weight before then. I've also had a couple of episodes where I've thrown up. Not violently, but I am worried that I may have hurt the band in some way. I don't feel anything wrong, but was curious about anyone else's experiences with throwing up?

Hey there!

My hubby and I were banded by Dr. Rumbaut on April 12th. We'll be there for a fill on the 24th as well! Maybe we'll get to meet you!

No throwing up yet, but some CLOOOOOSE calls! I drank some Water through a straw this morning and just about lost it...I must have taken in a bunch of air and not realized it...Welcome to this thread! It's awesome!!!

Laura - love the house pictures! It really is coming along...and what an awesome door!!!

Teridoodle - WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm looking forward to leaving the 300 club, but I've got quite a ways to go, and at this rate...stayed the same for about a week...it may be awhile...that's okay, though...I'll never go back up!! I'll live the rest of my life on liquids first!!!!

Glad everyone seems to be doing well...and thanks Lunasa for being the resident counselor! I've really enjoyed your posts! It means alot that you are willing to take that much time to help out your "cyber-friends!!"

Oh, my hubby's dad had another stroke (fourth since January), anyone willing to pray, it would be greatly appreciated. It seems that he is out of immediate danger. The effects so far with the first three have really been minimal, but this one seems to have taken a toll on the regulation of his BP and Heart rate AND it has taken him back in time. He thinks it is 1992...he's devastated that his baby is not 12, but 27 and he doesn't remember two of the children they adpoted (born in 1993 and 1994) or any of the grandchildren...my hubby is spending the night at the hospital with him...he took bunches of pictures of the kids with him so we can start re-introducing everything to him...

Good night everyone...heading to bed!

Terri - Congrats! what a great feeling that must be

Christy - you and your entire family are in my prayers today

Laura - how exciting, I was working in Construction Lending dept and loved working with my borrowers as they went through the stages ! I do miss that, but I gues that is why i'm in school for construction management

Terridoodle...yea!! I was wondering how the first fill would be. What size of band and how much was put in?

Jennifur...great going into construction management. Is that a college major or a school in itself?

Welcome Monterrygirl..this is a loving and fun bunch!

Homeschool...prayers coming his way!

laura..wonderful house..your first and that one is always special!

tecymom..hey bandster twin..glad your healing.

:clap2: hello and great sucess to all the rest! It's a new day!!

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!

I had problems editing the page yesterday so I didn't get to add AnnieMac and this morning I see we have a new member..

HELLO TekyMOM!

I tried on a pair of my old BLACK levis 515 midrise boot cut today...... they DON'T fit YET... but I can get them over my booty.. I figure in a couple weeks I should be getting close to buttoning them....

Pamela: congrats on winning the salsa cook off at school!

I've been eating higher calories than I should, but still smaller portions. We are going out of town Wednesday night WITHOUT kids! I'm really looking forward to it... it will be a true VACATION MODE test!

ONE NSV .... last night DBF went to Dairy Queen and I got NOTHING.. (he got a large shake AND a large Blizzard) and he also just went up a size in jeans...... 36 to 38..

OK.. let me go try and add the changes......... (the smiley face thing it does when you edit is a real PITA)