Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

HERE I AM!!!

Sorry, girlz....I was out running errands all day...and then it took 20 minutes to catch up on posts!! Nobody got much work done today, did they? :)

Ok...you've heard it before and I'll tell you again...the fill was such a non-event!! It's no big deal at all. I walked in and filled out some more forms ( of course!) and they weighed me (202.4) asked if I was exercising (YES!) having any trouble at all, took my BP, etc. Then showed me into the procedure room and had me lay on the table. My port is right under my sternum, at the top of my big ol' fat belly and you can feel it right under the skin. I didn't even have to get undressed or anything. She swabbed it quickly with some alcohol and said "This is going to feel like a big shot"....which it did!! Not like a flu shot, but a BIG shot. And she used quite a bit of pressure, too....so it was different that way as well. But that was the extent of the pain. Only lasted 3-4 seconds. The fill itself was imperceptible in any way. She stuck a bandaid on my tummy and asked me to move over to the fluroscope. I drank 1 oz of barium mixture (which tasted minty) and was able to watch it go down on the screen. That was cool. Then they gave me a bottle of Water and asked that I sit and drink half before I leave. Which I did, and didn't have any issues whatsoever. I sat and talked to one of the assistants about what to eat, not eat, how to exercise, etc. They injected 1.5cc and I can have another fill as early as 3 weeks if I feel that I need it. After I left there I was starving!!! (I'm only allowed soft foods for 2 days then I can move to solids! YEA!!!) I stopped and had a personal-size spinach quiche (but no crust) and a 1/2 cup of Tomato basil Soup. Ate slowly and everything went down fine. That was at 11:30a....it's now 8 hours later and I've yet to eat anything else! :)

Ok....any questions?? It's good to feel restriction again. Hope it lasts a while.

OMG... I am posting from my mother's house as she is away & i'm using her computer. I AM NOT ALONE!!

THere's something in the room...a mouse or something I can hear it near me, behind either the desk or filing cabinet...OMG!! THERE IT IS AGAIN...scratching & clawing... I have my feet up on the desk...EWWWWWWWWW

I HOPE it is a mouse...sounds massive...I'm FREAKIN OUT HERE!!!!

I have one in my kitchen right now too... LOL ok not so funny, I just called my exterminator and freaked out, which seems to be an every other week thing. It is insane, they were suppose to call me this week and didn't so now I'm calling on a friday night screaming yet again.

Terry

that is fantastic, I still have lots of restriction, only ate 1 egg today and some 3oz baked ricotta and 1/2 cup of chili,... I am afraid of bandster hell, my dr doesn't want me back for another appt for 8 weeks and then discuss a fill at that time. that is 11 weeks after surgery with no fill. Is this possible? I don't think it will be done that day either, I will need to go back from what i understand. I am afraid of going 8 weeks that seems so long. I am 1 week on soft food today and hope I can continue to stay on them as long as possible so I can survive the 8 weeks and still loose weight.

Terri~ I have so many questions I hope you don't mind.

1. Could you feel it in your tummy?

2. Did it feel weird to eat, I mean in your tummy?

3. How big is a quiche thingy...I don't know?

4. Did the barium flow right through?

5. If so, is that enough restriction?

6. The Water, did you feel that above the band?

7. Have you eaten again?

8. 1.5 cc...what size is your band?

9. So many more!

I will be gone all weekend, but will be looking foreward to catching up on Sunday.

Have a great weekend, and thanks in advance for your answers. Yeah!!! your the first filled violet:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: .

Hey Ladies! Ok, I had my period when I had my surgery on 4/11 (egads). Well, I'm beginning again today....and I feel nasty. I usually pop advil during TOM....what am I going to do? Tylenol does squat for cramps. I have read may times to avoid ibuprofen w/ the band. Any suggestions/advice?

I am now going to read all of today's posts....we are an active group!

xo

Hey Jill,

I think the issue is the ibuprofen sitting in the small stomach...call your doc and see if you can take some of the liquid children's ibuprofen...if you happen to have Migraine medication, I took my fioricet today and it KNOCKED out my cramps...they were bad enough that I couldn't stand up straight this morning...30 minutes after the generic Firoicet, and they were history!!

Anyway, I would think the liquid would be fine.

I'm having to take Iron supplements and birth control pills because of other stuff going on (you can read back through posts if you want the whole story)...I am making sure to have room in my tummy to be able to take the pills, then eat something right after so the meds get pushed down into the lower stomach as the food (still mushies) is digested.

Good luck!

Family went to a local chinese restaurant this evening.

I had:

Egg drop Soup with a few of the soup noodles soaked in it

Mandarin chicken (small bites of chicken, broccoli and onion with garlic brown sauce)

I asked the waiter to be sure they OVERCOOKED my veggies. Oh, and we told him we didn't want the rice.

The chicken was small bites, the veggies were well cooked and fork-tender (though I did only eat the heads of the broccoli). It all went down well and I didn't finish but about 3/4 cup of it...I was very well-satisfied (even though I have very little restriction).

I am looking forward to solids so I can have something that won't move through so easily. As I ate this evening, I could feel some of the food moving on down. I did stop when I no longer felt hunger. I didn't keep eating til I was full...NSV!!!!

We can do this!!! If I can, I know EVERYONE else can!!!!

Have a good weekend! DOn't know if I'll be able to check in before Monday morning.

Terri~ I have so many questions I hope you don't mind.

1. Could you feel it in your tummy? No, the only thing I could feel was the shot. After that...nothing.

2. Did it feel weird to eat, I mean in your tummy? No. Comparing it to the restriction I had immediately post-op (swelling?) this was not as restrictive. It was a good kind....no golf balls in the throat or pain of any kind. But then again, it WAS soft food.< /span>

3. How big is a quiche thingy...I don't know? When I recorded my food for the day I figured it was about 1 egg, 1 oz steamed spinach, 1/2 oz of cheese. 1/2 c Tomato basil Soup.< /span>

4. Did the barium flow right through? no, it kinda dribbled thru...but fairly quickly.

5. If so, is that enough restriction? I guess we'll see?!

6. The Water, did you feel that above the band? Maybe for a second. I drank normally, though...didn't take baby sips or anything.

7. Have you eaten again? Yes, just had some cottage cheese and 1/2 banana. No problems.

8. 1.5 cc...what size is your band?I'm pretty sure it's 4cc.

9. So many more!

All is well!

I did stop when I no longer felt hunger. I didn't keep eating til I was full...NSV!!!!

So far this has been a little difficult for me as I'm never really HUNGRY and I only eat because I know that I need to for the nutrients....So I never know how much to eat. lol

OMG... I am posting from my mother's house as she is away & i'm using her computer. I AM NOT ALONE!!

THere's something in the room...a mouse or something I can hear it near me, behind either the desk or filing cabinet...OMG!! THERE IT IS AGAIN...scratching & clawing... I have my feet up on the desk...EWWWWWWWWW

I HOPE it is a mouse...sounds massive...I'm FREAKIN OUT HERE!!!!

Maybe it's a Joey!?!

HERE I AM!!!

Ok....any questions?? It's good to feel restriction again. Hope it lasts a while.

Can you belive we were banded the same day and I have to wait till July 2 for my first fill:phanvan :cry :think :faint: I'm soooooo sad:cry

Jay - I don't know what to tell you....I'm just glad I have Dr. Spivak. He seems to have a very liberal pre-op and post-op plan. thank goodness!!! I'd never make it to July 2!

I think I missed the memo for this thread!! I wanna be a SHRINKING VIOLET!!!! I was banded 4-19-07 !! I love all this great conversation on this thread....I went and bought a bike tonight..not a spendy one..a Schwinn from Kmart and went for a ride...BOY, I have been walking 2 miles a day BUT this biking thing USES TOTALLY DIFFERENT MUSCLES!!! I think I am going to like it though. I actually was gonna wait because I thought I was gonna be too fat (like my stomach) to ride, but It didnt seems to get in the way at all....I was great fun and hubby got one too..so I dont have to do it alone...what a great guy!! Deanna

I think I missed the memo for this thread!! I wanna be a SHRINKING VIOLET!!!! I was banded 4-19-07 !! I love all this great conversation on this thread....I went and bought a bike tonight..not a spendy one..a Schwinn from Kmart and went for a ride...BOY, I have been walking 2 miles a day BUT this biking thing USES TOTALLY DIFFERENT MUSCLES!!! I think I am going to like it though. I actually was gonna wait because I thought I was gonna be too fat (like my stomach) to ride, but It didnt seems to get in the way at all....I was great fun and hubby got one too..so I dont have to do it alone...what a great guy!! Deanna

Welcome...The lady who adds everyone has already signed off for the evening (Tracy). She'll add you in the morning. This is a great group of people to get involved with! Great support!!

Family went to a local chinese restaurant this evening.

I did stop when I no longer felt hunger. I didn't keep eating til I was full...NSV!!!!

We can do this!!! If I can, I know EVERYONE else can!!!!

That's right on Christy!!! Well done !!! :clap2:

Well I'm back in my office safely away from the creature that totally ruined my night. Would you believe I got my shoulder pain back after that last night. I imagine it was because of the contorted position I managed to get myslef in to (feet on desk) and I compressed all the gas (it's still there) inside me!!! Boooo...I just went home to bed and managed to sleep soundly.:notagree

KITY....Congrats on the competition!! Can I come to your naughty girls party!!! My birthday's Oct!! LOL

AREELLADY.. Welcome & congrats on getting a bike for excercise!!

Has anyone heard of MBT shoes? Masai Barefoot Technology... They're great for posture & working "forgotten" muscles. I had pain in my heels and when I wear the MBT's I don't have it.

www.mbt.com

Dynamomini... I understand the need for us to vent our frustrations here on LBT and as I said I didn't want to belittle anyone who is experiencing issues...we'll all have times when we feel doubt and this forum is where we can let it all out, it is our backbone.

I just wanted to stress how fear is seductive and it is the secret & devious sabotager in ALL of us. We base some our subconscious & most stubborn beliefs on fear & that is why we fall into our old patterns of self doubt & comforting habits that inevetably keep our negative cycles of failure active within.

Have you ever observed a fly trapped in your window? Here's an analogy I like.

It keeps banging on the glass trying to get out, because it believe's it's going somewhere. It doesn't know there's a window in the way coz it doesn't know what a window is. That fly will eventually kill itself using all it's will, might & determination to get out.

Willpower was never it's downfall, it never gave up. But if it had've known to fly through the door, it would have had survived, because knowledge is power. Belief is Knowledge and knowledge is power.

The essence of my theory on the difference between success & failure is what you believe. Not what you suspect, it is a deep ingrained truth in you that you must seek & find. That's where doubt comes from. That is why I failed before, because I was deeply convinced that I would be fat again. And so I was...every action I took led to my subcionscious proving my belief to be true. It's amazing what we do subconsciously, we prove our beliefs.

We may not even realise we have certain beliefs, but we have.

Life is so strange, it is magnetic. We are magnetic, we magnetise our beliefs into reality in our lives!!

I have no doubt that I am on the right road now, I truly believe this is it for me..I can see my life changing already in the direction I have chosen to want.