Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

GOOD MORNING! I had 4 pages of post to read, and there are things I want to say to each of you, but I would be writing a novel..

ONE THING TO REMEMBER................

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my 1st post op appointment today. I'm curious to see how the doc/nurses respond to my loss... I know their scale will weigh heavier than at home....... but I THINK they recorded me at 270 in January..... I wore LITE clothes today.. LOL

This week I've been doing great on the weight loss.. I sure hope it keeps up for at least a while longer.

I forget who mentioned it earlier this week.. but I've been feeling that WIERD Fullness at the top and GROWLING at the bottom. I think this has something to do with the "hunger sensors" that are at the top of the tummy.. we have a small stoma so those "sensors" get turned off quicker, but the rest of our belly... is LIKE FEED ME and it growls, but we are not really hungry..... WIERD but interesting.

I know that in my former pre band life I could never survive on the amount of food I'm currently eating.. I would be feeling sick and dizzy and have head aches....... but I can actually feel my belly shrinking.. and it is sooooooooo nice to KNOW that I'm on my way...

REMEMBER our bodies lose in CYCLES........ pounds THEN inches.

I'm leaving in 10 minutes... be back after lunch!

you suggest just keeping a vial of essential oil to sniff a few times a day or what? Will that have the same effect as ingesting it or is that just for calming the mind?

Sorry Terri...forgot to answer that

I keep my lavander with me to sniff if I need a Calm..:notagree

Or to save me from "smelly stuff" LOL

It's mostly for calming the mind and I don't know if the fennel will have the same effect as ingestion but I'll let you know what I think when I get my paws on some.

P.S...it's kinda like a sucky blanket, just a nice habit to have. And So portable!!

A cruise! Now THERE'S an idea! hmmmmmmmmm <wheels begin turning>

I guess a "cottage cheese tasting contest" wouldn't really be a crowd pleaser, huh. <shrug>

OH yeah,

I think we should all pitch in and buy Kat a groovy pink cowgirl hat...w/ diamond studs...yeah, or lots of sparkly stuff! LOL

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Pamela Banded 4-3-07

++++++++++++++++++++++

I have one already to go! It is my daughters and has only been worn once. It is pink straw and has a tiera on the front. It is so cute!

A cruise! That would be so great and what motivation! I am ready! Is it to early to start packing?

okay excuse me if this is TMI but...... I've had my first poops yesterday and today and they are almost like diarhea(spelling), did anyone else experience this?

Does anyone know why I can't get my ticker to work? I cut and paste it into the signature section on lapband and then when i preview it tells me invalid file? What am i doing wrong? Help!

Hi Jenn...

Sounds to me like you may be dehydrated. I got some rehydration sachets from the chemist yesterday. You mix them with Water. Taste YUK but you only have to stomach 200mls at a time.

Angie...I'm sorry I dunno what's up with the ticker... Somebody will help...hang on there!!

okay excuse me if this is TMI but...... I've had my first poops yesterday and today and they are almost like diarhea(spelling), did anyone else experience this?

As they say... Poop Happens. hehehe Yes, you will have runny poop for awhile until your system gets rid of the barium and also remember.. liquids in... liquids out.

Where else can we Shrinkers go to talk about stinkers??? What a great place this is to be!!!:clap2:

your ticker: did you cut it from the bb code section? Ans when you cut it cut from img to img (including the img in the beginning and at the end).

Morning Girlies---tipping my hat to you all!!!

I can just see me in a pink rhinestone cowboy hat!!! A visual oxymoron!!! I at one time had pink boots! Ok I will admit they were given to me, but I did actually wear them! Now I wear some really exciting buckskin colored boots---woohooo!!!

I hate seeing you all worry over the stall of weight loss. You do have several things going on inside your bodies. Your mind made this choice, your body did not, and it is not appreciating what you have done to it! It wants the fat, and it wants the extra food to store....it does not want to go to the work of burning off stored fat---what on earth were you thinking???!!!!

I joke, but in all seriousness, you really have shocked your bodies, and they are doing their best to keep things as they knew them to be. When you have been putting 2000 + calories a day in, and then suddenly drop to under 600 or so for liquids, it takes your system a little while to realize you cannot live on that amount, it is too low. So when it does realize it, it does everything to "help" you survive. (Keep in mind this is what my fill Dr.'s assistant told me, when I was freaking out---you are not alone, in this happening at this point in time.) The theory is that your body slows down its metabolism, it robs nutrients from other areas...possibly the cause of Hair loss, and nail breakage. You have issues with dehydration, because your body is utilizing the Fluid you take in , in different ways. The fluid issue, results in Constipation or diarrhea, and digestion issues. But it also affects our memory, and our own battles with depression. All of these are affected by the sudden onslaught of estrogen as well. We flooded our system with it during the initial sudden weight loss....and the one hormone surging, causes every other hormone in our body to fluctuate, trying to balance out. One of those hormones is called (don't trust my spelling here) Grehlin. It is a hormone produced by your stomach, and it sends a signal to the brain, that you are hungry. The hormones in your body work to constantly balance with one another. The connection between estrogen/progestin and this Grehlin is a long standing connection, and has been widely studied. It is what causes you to overeat during PMS, or the old story you hear about old women having a hysterectomy and getting fat. It is all related, when one hormone dips, the others surge trying to revive it...so when you mess with one, you mess with them all. And for those who are having issues like Christy---it is a double whammy.

As with any other "habit" your body will settle in. The new levels will soon be recognized as "normal". And you will start the fill process, and the weight will once again begin dropping off.

Repeat your cheer---relax a little---and trust that this WILL work---or I'll get out my riding crop, and y'all will be in big trouble then!!!!!!!

((((hugs)))))

Kat

Hello all!!

A get together sounds great...cruise sounds fabulous BUT...you must remember us poor people...we are a one income family of six...we'd have to plan two years in advance for something like that!!

Pamela - have you tried spicy foods yet? I was under the impression that they would be a no-no...i typically grow a HUGE variety of really hot peppers and my hubby and I make salsa, hot sauce and pepper salt (seasoning). My pepper plants that I started back in January are sitting in their containers dying cause I didn't bother to put them in the garden this year - why grow them if he can't enjoy them??...if he might be able to eat them (he was banded, too), then maybe I could get them into the garden this weekend?!?! Let me know what you think...anyone is welcome to chime in on this one!

I loved spicy food before and love it now.

I eat hot n sour Soup, which at my chinese food resturant has chili paste in it.

Spicy doesn't bother me, just try a tiny bit and see. I also grown peppers and tomatoes for homemade salsa.

In Texas we LOVE Tex-Mex food!:clap2:

I have been eating salsa and spicy chili with no problems. not as hot as I would like it but i'm working up to that, I wanted to make sure.

What great information everyone has, I was thinking, it is so funny, before banding, we all or most of us, had different issues, what, why how, omg i'm never going to be able to have......... again. Well now we are all on the other side and there are new issues... i'm hungry, can eat anything, not pooping. LOL

This was my thought last night, we knew what we were in for when we signed up for this... and it is great... and in the short time of a month, have still lost more than we would have working our tails off. Slow and steady wins the race! That is why we choose the band - right? I know personally I feel better, look better and even starting to like myself a little again, so how can that be bad? I am down 20 of the 80lbs I wanted to lose after surgery, so 60 left, small goals.

I hope everyone is having a great day. It is all good and what a better time of year to be banded, APRIL, the beginning of spring where we can get out side and get fresh air!

HUGS