Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Thank you, Tracy, for the step-by-step guide to adding pictures. I copied it & pasted it into a Word doc (told you I'm a Word wiz!) so that when I finally take some pics I'll be able to find them. THANKS!

A l-o-n-g day... my dinner was actually a tall, nonfat starbucks drink... duh... but better than the California Tortilla next to SBs or the 5 Guys Hamburgers 3 doors down! I feel like I barely ate today... and I'm not even banded yet! Yikes! I'm not sure how I can actually, physically do LESS food! :fish:

Tomorrow is another day. G'night!

Hi violets! Can someone help me with my picture on the scar page? It's humongous (sp)... I can't resize it. I don't know how! help please...

There seems to be a general "negative vibe" and our cheerleaders are feeling the blues!!! Group Hug Violets:grouphug: ...we will get through this, together. Yesterday I had some serious blues, and I was SOOOO pissed off at the world. This has become such an important place for us to go to be ourselves, for many, ourselves for the first time in our lives. May will be tough for us. Some are getting banded this week (yeah Terry and Darla) and others have to wait until the end of the month. We still have lots of learning to do. Learning about ourselves and our bands.

My weight has not moved in a few weeks. Went today, still the same. But this is the beginning of our journeys ladies...we have our whole lives ahead of us...our healthy lives. We can do this. Keep your chins up (for some of us, we have more than one, lol). I love my violets:whoo: :cool: :cheer2: :cool: :fish: :cool: :cool: (love that last dancing banana)!

I need to share my good news. I got the job I applied for. Yes, I now have 3 jobs, but this one is teaching online Master's level courses. I will probably resign from the junior college job next spring...I don't really need the money. Of course I will keep my "day job". Now, I need to finish my dissertation this summer. Anyway, I just found out and I am soooooo excited!

Pamela - Congratulations on your job! You sound alot better today than you did yesterday.

Violets - I think that right now we need to focus on things other than losing pounds. I think we are obsessing on the pounds right now and that's not healthy. Too stressful! For now, until we all start getting our fills, we need to concentrate on other areas of our lives. School, work, friends... anything. I know it's hard, all of us are truly committed to this new life that we are planning for ourselves. Let's stop beating ourselves up and focus on the good that we do each day. Are we getting in all our Water? Are we taking tiny bites and chewing thoroughly? Any little thing that you are doing right...

Sending out some major good vibes to all my band sisters... hugs and kisses all around...

Michelle - that is funny, I had Starbucks coffee every day for month before surgery, venti iced carmel machiatto (SP) skim milk and no extra sugar.........mmmmmmmmmmmm would i love one now

Pamela - Congrats, 3 jobs, man I can't even get 1 LOL

So today I went for my 1st follow up and guess what, they were so impressed that i was eating 4 small meals (between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup of anything) they scheduled my next appt for 6WEEKS!

sorry computer freaked.

6 WEEKS! Can you stand it, so on June 28 I go for my next visit to discuss a fill. that is 9 weeks total, that just seems insane but they said some people can go longer than others and if it gets bad to call and discuss. I just don't get it, my friend is getting a fill at 6 weeks so I thought that would be my next appt. Although we have had different issues,, it still seems like so far away

Ok Girlz -- we are all freaking out and I think we're jumping the gun just a tad, don't you? Yesterday i went over to the Feb. 07 bandsters to see what they are up to...and how they're losing, etc. Whereas our averages are, what?...10-25# losses so far? Well, theirs are 30-40# averages. They surely went thru all the things we're going thru....that's why it even has a name: Bandster Hell!!....and they came out the other side and are losing. Well, now they're dealing with what to eat, what not to eat, PBing, sliming, eating by the rules, fills (too much and too little). This is just our phase now. Depression, grazing and weight stalls. If several of us are basically going thru the same thing, then surely this is "normal". WE'RE OK!! Just keep on keepin' on!!!

OK?

sorry computer freaked.

6 WEEKS! Can you stand it, so on June 28 I go for my next visit to discuss a fill. that is 9 weeks total, that just seems insane but they said some people can go longer than others and if it gets bad to call and discuss. I just don't get it, my friend is getting a fill at 6 weeks so I thought that would be my next appt. Although we have had different issues,, it still seems like so far away

Hey! Cheer up! My first fill is on JULY 2!:faint: And I was banded on April 4.:cry I'll need a lot of cheers when everyone here goes for the first fill, and I still have to wait. I think I'm going to be the last one to get the first fill.:think

Hey! Cheer up! My first fill is on JULY 2!:faint: And I was banded on April 4.:cry I'll need a lot of cheers when everyone here goes for the first fill, and I still have to wait. I think I'm going to be the last one to get the first fill.:think

WOW that is a long time. I am actually ok with it for the moment LOL, other than pms I have been loosing and hey, that will just give my body time to catch up with the rapid weight loss

I think part of what's bringing me down, is others ask me about it every day. I guess that's part of letting everyone know!! The first week they were all like 'wow how much have you lost?' and I told them.. so now every other day it's 'Have you lost more weight yet?'

And I keep saying 'not yet!'. :fish:

I need to stop weighing myself I guess. Back on track!!

Just thought I would post. Checking on everyone and seems like I'm in the same boat. Bandster hell.

I've eaten so much SF Jello that I wiggle. I walked tonight all by myself. Which is a big thing.

I would always call someone to walk and if they didn't want to...I didn't walk. Well tonight..I thought I had better get my butt out there since I ate more than usual. O.K. let me rephrase that. I didn't eat anything close to what I use to ..but after eating Soup, mushies and tiny bits for 3 weeks..I feel like I'm Ms. Piglet when I eat 1200 calories. Still my hunger is B A C K. So I have to be EXTRA careful.:faint:

It pisses me off that after everything this monster called hunger is back gnawing at me. But this time it won't get me. I'm fighting it for all I'm worth. One bite wrong will NOT derail ME!!:hungry:

Bandster Hell? Just a mind set..it's MY LEARNING CURVE.

I think part of what's bringing me down, is others ask me about it every day. I guess that's part of letting everyone know!! The first week they were all like 'wow how much have you lost?' and I told them.. so now every other day it's 'Have you lost more weight yet?'

Laura, just say, "No, I'm not losing right now, but I expected that. It's normal to stall out for a few weeks." That'll take the 'pressure' off for awhile.

Hi violets! Can someone help me with my picture on the scar page? It's humongous (sp)... I can't resize it. I don't know how! help please...

Done... Now go and delete the original post, k??

How about making a progress chart and tell everyone you'll post to it once a week...if they see a loss they can congratulate you and if they don't they'd better not mention it!!!

I don't know the relationship you have there, but I'll bet there are lots of people asking because they genuinely care about you and want you to do well...

It'll come...