Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Laura~ I am in the same boat. "How's the weight loss?" "How much have you lost?" I say, "Well I lost the first 23 pounds, which is really considered extra, because I am not really supposed to be losing until I get my fill." I've gently explained to the ones that matter. Although the scale has stalled, I am on my last belt hole, and when I started I was on 2 or 3! Progress. But I know I am eating too much, a lot of time. And I am drinking w/ food too!!! Bad Bad girl.

Anyone else watch Lost? It started to suck this season, and it's finally drawing me back in. I use to be such a Lost addict, until they started drawing it out, not answering questions, getting into 'the others' which I didn't care about.. now we're moving back to the island and I'm involved again.

OMG I am SUCH a Lost fanatic!!! I have watched that show since day 1 and have never missed an episode. I hate that they've broken the season up into 2 segments, however I don't think that any of the episodes have sucked. It's had me hook, line and sinker since day 1 of season 1!!! My hubby and I both count the days to each Wednesday! :clap2:

thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone...not alot of answers as to what's going on, but definitly got all the info I wanted...I have a small (about 4 cm) fibroid cyst. The doctor said she's not concerned with that...the concern is with a very thick endometrium...the lining the uterus produces each month and then sheds. Most probably a hormonal imbalance...fat cells store estrogen which is what causes the edometrium to thicken...progesterone causes it to shed...the pills I am on are progesterone. Things seem to be getting better physically...less bleeding, more energy (although I've been battling a Migraine for a few days). I go for blood tests in one month and have to call and check in. In four months I have to go for a procedure where they'll actually take a "plug" form the uterine wall and run some tests. If the hormones have balanced out, they won't find anything - if that was the cause. The new doc said she is fairly certain that we will find the hormones are the culprit...

I am relieved...

Other good news...If the bleeding continues to slow, she says I should be back to my normal energy level in about a week (and I may even get to quit taking this HORRID Iron supplement that they DID NOT design with bandsters in mind - ugggghhhhhh!!!!). That means I should be able to start exercising soon and maybe I can break this plateau I'm on!!!!:clap2:

You must recite these to yourself EVERY 10 minutes until your attitudes are good again!!

RAH RAH REE!!!

No more hurting knees!!

RAH RAH RASS!!!

Look at my shrinking...bootie!

CISS BOOM BAM!

I'm shrinking, yes I am!

CISS BOOM BEE!!

Let's hear it for ME!!!

Christy- thanks so much for the cheer...it is great. It will be our mantra!

I also like the cheer!!! Glad the female problem is getting a little better. I hope things continue to improve!!!

Jane

Time for this old lady to head to bed.. I have grandson Ethan again tomorrow so that means another 45 minute "stroll". Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well and remember tomorrow is another new day in bandland! Follow those bandster rules and keep the faith!!

Tracy - How are you feeling?? Advancing your food choices a bit yet? I'm still afraid to! LOL I tried your mock danish tonight - was very yummy, but I was only able to eat a few bites when I started feeling like it was stuck in my throat...like it was sitting there and I had to keep swallowing to feel like it was staying down...not that it actually tried to come back up, it just felt as if I had to swallow and swallow for it not to feel like it was sitting in the back of my throat...I chewed really well, but I don't think it agreed with me! No pain though....it's just a weird feeling. Or maybe I need to get used to that feeling when I have restriction and am eating normal food? So many things to learn, so many questions! Oh love your new signature by the way!!!! Not sure if I'm brave enough to do that...maybe one day. :fish:

Christy - The belly thing worked...or I think it did. If anything, the rocking motion, or jiggling put me to sleep and I woke up pain free! LOL Thanks for the tip!

Kity - Congrats on your new job! I'm so envious - I'd love to go back to school and upgrade my degree...perhaps one day.

To everyone else - I hope that everyone had a wonderful day, and for tomorrow, TGIF to all the Shrinkin Violets!!!!!! I love my Fridays!!! :cool:

Hi Violets!

We are having blustery spring storms here. They predict snow in the mountains this weekend. But it will be hot again next week. Crazy.

I had a fine day. Worked out with a 40 minute medium aerobic, then another 30 min. of work with the trainer. I felt better than when I worked out on Tuesday. I was pooped. I will be three weeks out of surgery on Monday. I want to exercise a minimum of five days a week. I know I can do it, just get on the clothes, and go to the gym. I put on my headphones, have a book to read, and start working the EFX machine. I really try to zone out, the first and last 8 minutes seem the hardest.

Well, I'm pooped. Have a great tomorrow!

Cheers - we are doing it!!!

Sara! Don't beat yourself up woman!!! We are all in a major learning curve right now...... I just fixed myself 3 scrambled eggs......... WHY would I eat 3 scrambled eggs ????? but the portion looked sooooo tiny.. I ended up eating about 5 or 6 SMALL bites before I just fed the rest to my son... I was so freaked out about repeating the bean incident I basically chewed the eggs til they were soup......... (now doesn't THAT sound tasty???? :fish: ) Dbf asked me if I was FULL.. I thought about it and said.. Well, I'm NOT hungry anymore..... and THAT myfriends is what I think we are SUPPOSED to do... quit stuffing til we are full or in a bandsters case OVERfull. It will be a good experiment to see how long til my tummy grumbles again.

And Judy.. your right.. I know that person at the bottom of my sig is NOT the TRUE Tracy... merely the shell of the happy, healthier one that is underneath and is set to be SET FREE this summer!

Thanks Tracy, last night I felt pretty low, I know I shouldnt haven eaten the magum ice cream, or red wine. We are on a learning curve, and I sometimes forget the factor Ive only had a band in a short while. I had hoped I would have lost more too; and I really hoped I wouldnt have to 'diet' again, which I have been for the last couple of weeks really.

Right I'll pull my socks up...and hold my head high and do the best I can.

Sara xx

I need to share my good news. I got the job I applied for. Yes, I now have 3 jobs, but this one is teaching online Master's level courses. I will probably resign from the junior college job next spring...I don't really need the money. Of course I will keep my "day job". Now, I need to finish my dissertation this summer. Anyway, I just found out and I am soooooo excited!

Pam!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Thats FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!! You clever cloggs you! You must be over the moon, gosh, goodness knows where that could lead too? I did a masters in independent practice in health, and passed in 03. It took me 3 yrs to do it, as I worked full time etc....but that feeling of elation at the grad ceromony..theres nothing like it!! You must be having that same feeling of proudness now. Wel done!!! I'm so excited for you :fish:

Sara xx

sorry computer freaked.

6 WEEKS! Can you stand it, so on June 28 I go for my next visit to discuss a fill. that is 9 weeks total, that just seems insane but they said some people can go longer than others and if it gets bad to call and discuss. I just don't get it, my friend is getting a fill at 6 weeks so I thought that would be my next appt. Although we have had different issues,, it still seems like so far away

Aww Jenn we'll support you all we can. Just take one day at a time, your doing so well. I sure hope you get that job you applied for too, that will take your mind off it a bit. If it gets too hard down the line, Id phone them up though.

Sara x

Ok Girlz -- we are all freaking out and I think we're jumping the gun just a tad, don't you? Yesterday i went over to the Feb. 07 bandsters to see what they are up to...and how they're losing, etc. Whereas our averages are, what?...10-25# losses so far? Well, theirs are 30-40# averages. They surely went thru all the things we're going thru....that's why it even has a name: Bandster Hell!!....and they came out the other side and are losing. Well, now they're dealing with what to eat, what not to eat, PBing, sliming, eating by the rules, fills (too much and too little). This is just our phase now. Depression, grazing and weight stalls. If several of us are basically going thru the same thing, then surely this is "normal". WE'RE OK!! Just keep on keepin' on!!!

OK?

Thanks Terry....

Bless ya! I know its emotional with me, I've been at home a lot this week studying for my exam on the 14th. Thats kind of got me down a bit too, and loneliness, then I 'pigged' out on a magum and red wine....only myself to blame :fish: . But Im pleased this is a normal in comparrision with the Feb crew, at least we have got some serious weight loss to look forward too!! lol....

GOOD LUCK today with your fill, please tell us all about it, and what they do Terry, Im so looking forward to having mine done, I want to feel that 'fullness again' like we all had after surgery.

Sara xx

Ok Ladies....

My Mammy's here with the wooden spoon to spank some asses!!!!

:fish:

To quote Kity...There is a general bad vibe violating our Violets!!

I think first & foremost we need to banish the term "Banster Hell"

How do you explain banster hell to someone who has been refused the band or just cannot afford it? WE HAVE OUR BANDS...

We have all started our journey & we all have lost something even if it's not weight we have said goodbye to SOMETHING.

"QUOTING"

Househuntress

"Bandster Hell? Just a mind set..it's MY LEARNING CURVE"

Terridoodle….Ok Girlz -- we are all freaking out and I think we're jumping the gun just a tad, don't you?

If several of us are basically going thru the same thing, then surely this is "normal". WE'RE OK!! Just keep on keepin' on!!!

Chica Chula…..Violets - I think that right now we need to focus on things other than losing pounds. I think we are obsessing on the pounds right now and that's not healthy.

Let's stop beating ourselves up and focus on the good that we do each day.

KITY....We still have lots of learning to do. Learning about ourselves and our bands.

But this is the beginning of our journeys ladies...we have our whole lives ahead of us...our healthy lives. We can do this

Teachlady…When I made almost the same comment a while back, someone said to me.... this is not a time to focus on weight loss... this is a time to focus on healing. The weight WILL come off.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Look at all this support & positivity we have to draw from....

You are not having a bad day with your food...You are not messing up, you are learning how to cope.

Everyday is a school day.

Feel good about your self...look in the mirror & see who it is you are living for...Say...Hello...I LOVE YOU...EVERYDAY

we are all better selves...Give yourselves the CREDIT you have denied yourselves before...Please be kind to your self, you are always listening. Think of your self as a child, be gentle & loving.

Be your own favourite grown up!!!

I really don't mean to belittle anyone's struggle..Please know that..I'm just trying my best to move on & to heal & I want for us all to heal. As I said before food was rarely the issue, the reason I got where I am was because I was mean to myself. Don't be mean or hard on yourself.

I know in reality it's hard to be Mrs Motivator all the time & keeping your chin up is not always what you want to do, but you do have to learn to force yourself in a more positive direction. that is how we fail, because we give in to our dark emotions, our sulks, we indulge, not in food, that's what happens next...our first indulgement is in our thoughts...catch them & push them out with better one's.

Be mindful of your thoughts

I don't really browse LBT much because I'm happy here with you...I want our thread to be the best. I have thought so many times that I'd love for us all to be able to meet up somewhere, sometime. I have pictured you all in person already...I think about you all when I'm at my blender in the mornings!!!

:bandit :bandit :bandit :bandit :bandit :bandit BEEEE- AUTIFUL