Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

OMG... I am posting from my mother's house as she is away & i'm using her computer. I AM NOT ALONE!!

THere's something in the room...a mouse or something I can hear it near me, behind either the desk or filing cabinet...OMG!! THERE IT IS AGAIN...scratching & clawing... I have my feet up on the desk...EWWWWWWWWW

I HOPE it is a mouse...sounds massive...I'm FREAKIN OUT HERE!!!!

Kity,

First of all , let me say, I love the qoute that you have. I wrote it down and have been repeating it to myself daily. I keep a gratitude journal and live by Simple Abundance her book but have never seen this quote. I have been fortunate enough not to experience the pain from eating too fast or too dry food yet. I'm frigthened because I am, like you, starving by the tme I eat and it takes so much concentration to slow down. Good luck!

Lisa

Good grief! Look at my ticker. I had to copy it off the webpage, add it to my clipart on my computer and then put it in that way! i can not believe eveyone has one and I can't get the stupid thing to work! Oh well.

I am also getting ready to leave for the day! Lunasa-- I AM CRACKING UP! That is too funny. Keep your feet up dont let that little creature get you! Have a great weekend everyone and try hard not to CHEAT! I know I will.

I can't take it!!!!

I'm gonna be brave now and RUN outta this house..I had hoped to use computer for a while...but NOOO thank you..

OMG it's so creepy...can't see anything but they're makin horrible noise!!!

Ok that's it...I just did a big girlie scream...feet glued to desk..

Bye for tonight...wish me luck..xx

hello all

I'm reading this thread and noticing that a lot of you have progressed to mushie food in about a week's time.

My protocol called for 1 week of Clear Liquids, two weeks of full liquids, then gruel, then soft food (not sure of the difference) I've been doing full liquids since my surgery 4/26, and indulged in 2 tbs of creamed spinach the other night with my 4 oz of Tomato Soup.< /p>

I'm losing weight like crazy, but damn near threw myself at a man discussing his wife's pot roast the other day. In your collective experience, is mushy safe 8 days post op? I'd kill for a well chewed scoop of mac n' cheez.

Also - here are a few Protein enhancing tips.

1 - I made two kinds of cream Soup using soy milk instead of cream, or 1%. Make your cream of broccoli, potato leek, whatever, the way you usually do, just use the soymilk instead. You get Calcium AND protein.

2 - I made Jello using Isopure protein Water instead of the usual 2 cups of boiling water. Now good ol jello (which of course, qualifies as a clear liquid) actually has some nutritional value. (9 grams in a 1 cup serving, 4.5 grams ina 1/2 cup serving.)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Lauralee

Hi Lauralee,

My Dr said that I could progress when I felt ready. To use common sense. I started eating mushies on about day 3 post op. I had surgery 4/18~ Good luck! <!-- / message -->

LOL Lunasa, what on earth is it?? Ooo by the way, I thought your idea of carrying lavender is a good idea, re calming situations, umm I'll try it, and get some from a health food shop.

Angie, your ticker is so funny!!!!!!! lol..

Pam, did you win the salsa compertion??

Lauralee, welcome to the mad April group!! :D

Tracy I can just imagen you chatting away to all n sundrey at the Drs, lol, I think its great to be bubbly, and it makes people feel at ease!!

Hey has anyone heard back how Terry is yet, after her fill?

Kat, its great to here your words of wisdom, after banding and about the hormonal changes, that makes a lot of sence, why some of us are having a few whopping ups and downs at the mo.

Well went swimming today with my mum, which was lovely, we had a good old chat, I dont see her as often as Id like, so Im going to make more effort.

Sara xx

Hey Ladies! Ok, I had my period when I had my surgery on 4/11 (egads). Well, I'm beginning again today....and I feel nasty. I usually pop advil during TOM....what am I going to do? Tylenol does squat for cramps. I have read may times to avoid ibuprofen w/ the band. Any suggestions/advice?

I am now going to read all of today's posts....we are an active group!

xo

Good Late Afternoon Violets -

It's raining in the Rockies. They said the mountains could have snow on Monday.

Lunasa - I think you have a good point about being positive. I also think some venting is inevitable, because in the process of change there is some discomfort. I want to be here for all Violets and support whatever emotions come up. Now whining and self-pity can only be tolerated briefly. I also think wholesale saying the band doesn't work - isn't effective or accurate. However, I think people going through the process have thoughts like, "Is this going to work? I'm worried about this working for me?" Those are real and it's good they get some air time. What do you Violets think?

I love the idea of aroma and calming. I also use music and deep breathing to calm down.

Hugs and good Fridays to all of you,

Jill, I had the same situation and the Dr. told me I could take advil. He told me not to take a lot, but it was okay. You might want to call your Dr.'s office and see if that holds true for you. It is amazing how diet, drugs, and fills differ depending on your doctor!!

Jane

okay excuse me if this is TMI but...... I've had my first poops yesterday and today and they are almost like diarhea(spelling), did anyone else experience this?

Been there, done that! I worried that I had a blockage, but we have to remember we're still eating mostly fluids, soft foods and things almost baby food consistency....How could we wish for normal poo? :rolleyes

Just make sure that you're getting plenty of Water so that you don't become dehydrated! And if it gets worse or you go more than 4 times a day, then I'd call your doctor.

I loved spicy food before and love it now.

I eat hot n sour Soup, which at my chinese food resturant has chili paste in it.

Spicy doesn't bother me, just try a tiny bit and see. I also grown peppers and tomatoes for homemade salsa.

In Texas we LOVE Tex-Mex food!:clap2:

Househuntress,

Are you able to eat the fibrous veggies in the hot and sour soup??? I LOVE that stuff and I'm so afraid I won't be able to eat it anymore after I start on regular food. My doc said to be careful of fibrous foods such as bamboo shoots, celery, asparagus, pineapple...Anyone else able to eat these things without a problem?

OH and I almost forgot.......... I was able to SCHEDULE 4 Fill appointments!!!!!

June 4th, July 2nd, July 30, August 27! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

OMG Tracy! Not only were we banded the same day, our first FILL dates are the same! I'm scheduled for June 4th @ 11:15am. That's my daughter's birthday too. :)

How much weight have you lost?? (if you don't mind me asking??)

Denise~cute ticker...Angies is cute too!

I did win the competition!! The prize was this cute dipping hat w/ a warming center for like a cheese dip. It was way nicer than I thought any prize would be! I was very excited about winning...I usually don't win at these types of competitions! I am having a "Naughty Girly Party" in October and am looking forward to using it then!

Lunasa~ I hope you got the hell out of the house. I have a rat story, a pregnant rat story and her boyfriend who decided to "nest" in my garage, but somehow got trapped in my kitchen (bitch ate through the wall). I found her (did I mention she was as big as my foot, NOT COUNTING THE TAIL), at 5am as I was naked walking to turn on the coffee. Long story short (not that short) I moved into a hotel for a week!!! The whole experience cost me over $1000.00. So, there is my story! Still scares me.

Bye ladies