Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi 26thers,

The big day is fast approaching, only one more sleep. I am amazed at how far away it seemed in the beginning and how quickly the time has passed, even the last 14 liquidy days.

Because I am at the bottom of the world I will be first up, cant wait. Will be thinking of you all and looking forward to being on the other side and hearing lots of super successful surgery stories.

Hugs

GOOD LUCK Flax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you on the other side of bandland!:biggrin1:

B) and everybody else getting banded this week...Tracy, I have been reading since the January boards...I ended up being late Feb. myself....hope all goes smoothly for you!!!

Thanks Mae!!!!!

Well I'm still dealing with that pain. It's still strong as ever.. I have noticed a correlation though. When I am eating, it is much worse. If I get 'full', it's horrible. Tonight I was full from my Soup, and was walking all over the house trying to stop the pain (since people say walking helps many pains..). Walking didn't do anything for me. It's still hurting as I type this. I took some of my Rx pain meds to try to help, it's really flared up tonight. I had learned ways to push on it and manipulate it so it doesnt hurt, it's working less and less lately B)

I'm trying to wait till my dr's follow up on May 9th.. hope it goes away soon!!

Hi,

I had my surgery 1 month ago and what worked for me was warm liquids - according to my friend who is a nurse, warm broth or tea will make the gas move down; cold makes it move up. It worked for me!!!!

So sorry Laura you are having gas pains. I think the warm liquids might help, some people say heating pads help. I was lucky and didn't really have the gas pains. I'm burping a lot. Gross!

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Best wishes to you!

Morning all

Good Luck to all you banders today! thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I have officially stopped loosing -16lbs down since the band and 38lbs in total.

I am kind of frustrated - I am hungry and would kill for some Soup but still feel restriction when i drink anything but Water. I called my nutritionist yesterday am and never got a call back. I changed nutritionist the week before surgery because my other nutritionist actually was working on clearing me so I couldn't change until I was clear. The rules from each are so different, the old kept saying soup inbetween liquids and full mushies and the new one says Clear Liquids for 2 weeks.

I feel like I'm in starvation mode - I'm light headed and just not much energy.

My steri strip came off my port site and it hurts but feels much better than that glue pulling so hard.

Other than that I am actually feeling so much better and can't wait to start loosing again.

This weekend I'm going to get out and start my 3mile walk again.

Jenn, my doc had me on full liquids (not clear) for 2 days and then mushies for 4 weeks. 2 weeks of clear liquids just sounds ridiculous to me. I think you'd be quite safe to add some full liquids (hearty Soups, smoothies, etc.) at least every once in a while!! ....especially if you are lightheaded. That just doesn't seem right.

I haven't really lost any weight to speak of in a week either even though I've been exercising and averaging about 800 cals/day. Don't worry....things will normalize soon.

How's the situation with dbf? :ermm:

Just popped in to give my .02... Laura, if you are in so much pain, why wait until the 9th? If the doc can help, why not see him today? Or at least call and talk w/him. You really sound miserable and I feel for you... why prolong it?? JMHO!

Ran across this...one of my favorites....

post-213702-13813134896879_thumb.jpg

I want to join the April Bandsters I was banded on 4/14/07...not sure how to join I reploed before but am not yet on the list!

Hello.. I will add you to the list ASAP.... :biggrin1:

Hi guys....its been a few days since I posted but havent really felt like sitting at the computer at all. Today I feel great. Just a little uncomfortable and last night I FINALLY slept in my bed with a pillow propped under my tummy:clap2: :banana OMG it felt so good to finally be in my bed and not sleeping in my living room chair!!!!!! I have a little bit of gas pain but walking takes that away. I came off my meds becuz they made me very very loopy, my hubby said I was sitting in my chair nodding with my tongue sticking out :notagree :) .

As far as food goes....ive eaten only broth, Jello, popsicles, crystal light and Water. The broth got really gross so I took the campbells Soups like chicken noodle and veggie, added water to them and strained all the noodles and stuff out of them and just ate the broth...much much better...probably more sodium but I cant do the other stuff any more!!! Tomorrow I start on FULL LIQUIDS including Protein Shakes, yucky! As of today I have not been able to get any Protein in becuz everything I tried was DISGUSTING, including the FLAVORLESS protein powder...its sooooo not flavorless!!!! My doc said to not worry about it for the first week and wait to drink the regular shakes this week. We'll see how that goes...

And holy crapoly...I got on the scale this morning and I weight 254..is that possible...31 pounds? 10 pre op and 21 pounds in 7 days...WOW...I had to get on the scale 3 times before I would believe it!!!!!!!!!!!

Any whoooo.....im babbling ....sorry.....

GOOD LUCK tomorrow Tracy and everyone else being banded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!