Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

We are still having almost the same exact problem! Finally! last night the gas gone, and got up this morning, and it fills back up again???The pain where you describe it is the same place mine is only mine dont really hurt, it is just there annoying, feels like a baby sitting there.

Anyone know why does the stomach keep filling up like that????

The other day I noticed the pupil of my eyes were very large, I thot it must be the medicine. Then this morning I put on a new patch, the one for nausea, and right away I did not feel good, dizzy, weak, and again the blacks in my eyes got very large! I asked the Pharmacist and she said she things it is the patch. I did not notice the patch says to keep on for 3 days, and used as needed. I would just put on a new one every 3 days.

Anyone heard of this??

Tracy- After I posted, I saw your post above mine. I hope you have NO problems in recovery and 4 days is enough time for you!! :) You've done so good this far, so good luck! 3 more days woohoo!!

I told my friends at work, and originally I said I wasn't telling people (Our work has 2 parts.. the office, and the plant.. I work in the office, friends with people in the office...only see people in the plant in passing, or in the break room). My parents got the word out, so I think everyone knows now.. except maybe the people in the plant. I don't really care anymore who knows. I only wasn't going to tell people because if it's really slow, didn't want to hear how they 'knew someone who did the bypass and they lost it really quick' kind of thing. That's majority of what I heard pre-op, the benefits of bypass.. only because no one around here knows ANYONE who has done lap-band, only the bypass or stomach stapling. So.. now they'll know someone who has had the band. Nee-ner. It ends up one of our customers was talking about going to a meeting for lap-band and someone said 'how ironic, one of our sales people is having the lap-band on Monday!' (the friday before my surgery). So it made him happy and he asked for my number to see what I think.. he's still contemplating it. I believe he's in California, I've heard a lot of good doctors out there.

Pamela - thanks bunches. The thing that makes is all so much worse is all my friends HATE dbf so I can't tell them he blew me off, they will just start giving me hell, which is not what I need right now. I just am ready to give up and settle for a job doing something I absolutely hate. I am going to school for construction management - and willing to be a runner or a flag person to get my foot in the door, plus they pay more than unemployment!

Tracey - I would love a job like that... I am going to actually apply or a bartender job at a local golf course tomorrow.

I don't want life handed to me - just would like things to be better than they have been -

now- i have to go sleep at the neighbors because the mouse guy just came and plugged all the holes the mice were getting in so I was told not to be down stairs after dark. What else?

Hi everyone! WOW - lots of posts to get through since I was on last! So nice to have a very active blog! :)

I was banded on April 5th and have lost 26 pounds so far! :) started at 262, was at 253 pre-op, and today 236 :o yay!

I wanted to share something with everyone- I FINALLY FOUND AN AWESOME Protein POWDER!!!! I was having a lot of trouble with getting 60g protein each day - in fact I wasn't even close!!! ...because I just could not drink as much as those shakes made up. Anyway - DH found a Protein Powder at Whole Foods. It is made by BioChem and it is chocolate Fudge 100% pure whey. It is GREAT! And it mixes with only 6 ounces of skim milk or Water with 2 scoops of the powder. I mix with skim milk. It is VERY EASY to get in the 60g protein each day with just 3 shakes that are 6 ounces each.

Whole Foods has individual packets to try and 2 bigger sizes for more servings. I HIGHLY recommend this one. Also comes in vanilla and several other flavors if you "google" it.

Here's the nutritional info:

per serving:

100 calories

0 fat

4g carbs

20g protein

• 100% All Natural.

• 100% Pure Ultra-Filtered/Micro-Filtered Whey Protein Isolate.

• For Carb Conscious Dieters.

• Low Sugar.

• Lactose-Free.

• Fat-Free.

• No Saturated Fat.

• No Cholesterol.

• Mixes Instantly.

Ingredients: Ultra-Filtered/Micro-Filtered (UF/MF) whey protein isolate, fructose, natural cream flavor, natural peach flavor, natural flavors, xanthan gum.

(No yeast, wheat, gluten, preservatives, artificial color, artificial flavor or artificial sweeteners.)

Before I found this protein, I was doing good to get maybe 20g protein in all day. Now it's very easy to get in all 60g protein that's needed. GOOD LUCK to all and take care!

Bandedme

262/236/155

Haydee: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! LOVE those curls!

Pamela: YEP... I work in a convent. (HR/Payroll) and YEP.. I'm going back to work in 4 days. (I have too.. I didn't tell my boss I was having surgery, and NEXT week is a payroll week) PLan b- is massive amounts of walking and tylenol.... (I've been told I have a high threshold for pain, after my c-section.. all the nurses were freaking out that I was up, around and walking the next day.. so I'm not that worried) I will bring my heating pad to work with me if necessary, and if all else fails I will tell my boss that I had minor surgery and take a half day off......

We are also going to Branson for an ADULT weekend with dbf's sis and bil May 10th....... so I will have to be healed by then..... that MAY be a bit ambitious.. as we are planning to go to Silver Dollar City,,, I am hoping to atleast be on mushies by then so I can eat real food....

Tracy, I had surgery on a Friday and was back to work on Tuesday. I'm an accountant so I sit at my desk all day. It was no problem. Even with my gas pains. All I would do is get up and walk up and down the halls looking busy! Also you'll be completely fine by May 10th, God willing. I got banded just ten days ago and I would have no problem going on a vacation right now. I'm sleeping fine, in any position that I want. You'll be 14 days post-op. Good luck Thursday!

Hi everyone!

I am still on Clear Liquids (until doc appt)-- today is day 14 since surgery and only lost 9 lbs -- I really thought I would at least lose a pound a day - so I am a little disappointed about that.

I did start back at taking the pain/arthritus medicine & my normal daily Vitamin (Centrum Performance) today -- that has helped alot with the way I feel-- I had not had them for 4weeks -- such a big difference.

Tracey - I agree with Haydee - I have no problems with sleeping or getting around. I only took the day of surgery off -- It only hurt when I would get up from a sitting position, and of couse - laughing.

Wishing you the best!

Gina

Hi All!

Just thinkin about Tracy today. She's been here running the thread so beautifully...and she's not even banded yet (gotta LOVE Tracy). Best of luck to you!!!!!

Just a little love our mod.

GR8-I was feeling the same thing. I weighed in on surgery day at 234 (happy, was down 10 lbs) so I was counting on 5-10 for my 10 day post op. Well, down 4 lbs. It feels like more...maybe it's body adjustment. I am a "need to exercise" person and I had ben taking it easy post surgery. Me thinks tis time to SWEAT.

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would check in here since I haven't posted very much... I'm on day 7 of my pre-op clear liquid diet (with 3 30 gram Protein shakes) and have lost about 6 lbs (have to weigh in the am though)... Yesterday was really hard to get through and I got really crabby and just wanted to eat a big cheeseburger!!! Today was better I think because for me it's easier to stick to at work or something. I just want to get my surgery over with and be on the other side. I find if I don't keep up on my Protein Shakes then I get super hungry and start wondering what Im doing even though I'm 100% dedicated to the band!! Geesh! I guess no one said it was easy - I called the doctors office today and asked if I could have a chicken breast and they said no so I'm just trying to stick to my protein shakes and sugar free popsicles and Jello, grrr!!!

Well, I hope everyone else is doing well and good luck to everyone that has surgery this week!!! I'm Friday at 10 am :girl_hug:

Ok this is a little emberassing.. Fiance had bacon cheesesticks from Papa John's for dinner last night.. I hate pizza this is so silly, but I've been wanting it. Our youngest cat is like a dog and eats all food, so everytime he leaves stuff out, I have to pick it up. So I picked it up, and there was an edge piece left with no bacon or cheese on it, just garlicy butter flavor.. I sucked on it! For about 5 minutes I Just sucked the flavor on it. Very desperate, I know.

LOL that is sooooo funny! That definitely sounds like something I'd do. I can just imagine me doing it right now! Yep that will be me next week!

At least you didn't eat the crust, just sucked on it.... :clap2:

3 more days and counting!!! I'm excited, I'm nervous, I was so nervous this morning before my pre-op labs that I almost had myself sick physcially. Sad thing is, I know after the surgery I'll realize how silly I was. I just had an abdominal hysterectomy last year and if I could handle THAT pain, I surely can handle this.....right?? :girl_hug:

Hey Jill, and any one else who is interested---there is now a way to give Tracy (or anyone you see fit) a public nod in another way. One of the new features of LBT. Up in the right hand corner we now each have a rep power---the more posts you have or the more kudos you are given by other posters the higher your rep power number goes, is my understanding. In order to do this, you click on one of the posts by the person, and in the upper right corner in the middle is now a scale icon (to the left of the exclamation point---to me it looks like a set of scales). It will allow you to give good or not so good feedback, and leave a message, that I understood the poster could see on her User CP page. I am sure as this feature is finalized, we will hear more about it. But thought you might want to try it for our Tracy girl!!!

Kat

Kat - I want to be where you are in a year from now. You must feel great having lost 87 pounds. What type of food plan have you followed? Do you exercise?

I am still worried I will screw this up. I love my band, being only one week out of surgery, but I am not confident that I won't sabotage myself somehow. I think the past is haunting me. Anyway any advice would be welcome!

Tracy - I think you'll be fine. I could have sat somewhere for my job after four days. I was on liquid Tylenol, and probably couldn't have driven too, but I didn't because I didn't have to. Take is easy, be a princess, but ya gotta pay the workers. I hear ya.

Hugs to all of you out there.

Jennifur - I bet between the mice and the dumb-ass boyfriend you have hardly had time to breathe. I always think things happen for a reason, when you've lived as long as I have it seems to be true. So go with the flow - good stuff is coming your way, I know it!

Michelle

I really don't have a lot of pain from the lap band. It seems if that is all I had done I would have been fine in a day or two. I was also lucky enough to avoid alot of the gas, and I wasn't able to get up after surgery. One thing I have learned from this post is how different everything about being banded is depending on your Dr.

I made an appointment today for a fill, will that hurt or take a long time?

Tracy, you know you have been quite a source of inspiration and information, I wish you the best of everything!!!

Jane

Hi All,

I am now banded yay!! I have been away for a week as I had to go out of town for my op but it was soooo worth it. My surgeon was wonderful, infact I found the whole experience wonderful. I can't stop smiling!! I am so pleased with how everything has gone and I'm really pleased I didn't get any gas pains (they sound very painful).

The best thing I have found is that my cravings have all gone (for now anyway). Seeing as I found my pre-op diet such a massive struggle mentally I thought I might not cope post-op but I am. :girl_hug: It is all easier than I imagined. I am so happy with my band! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me and it's strange but I already feel like a different person - a happier one. :)

Thanks for the good wishes,

Ellen.