Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Lunasa/LaruaJ,

I was lucky I did have gas pains but they were not too bad. One day when they were hurting I took Gas X, it really worked for me. Have you tried it?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

TracyinKS,

We will definitely all say our prayers for you! You are almost there!! Good job on the walking that will help you feel better after surgery. At least that is what they told me and here I am 6 days post op back at work. Why I came back so soon I have no idea!

<o:p> </o:p>

Kity, <o:p></o:p>

This was so encouraging to me, THANKS for sharing!! <o:p></o:p>

“Yesterday I was wearing a pair of peg pants (capris) and a month ago, they were, um, very snug (who am I kidding, they were tight as hell). Well, I ran to the potty, and undid the belt (which, is on it's last whole!!!) and when I finished, I stood up and noticed that I had been able to pull off the pants, WITHOUT UNDOING THE BUTTON AND ZIPPER!!!! I just cant believe it. The scale says the same now...but I can feel the inches and clothes don't lie. <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/smilies/cool.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1ANGELA~1.ROGLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 15pt; HEIGHT: 22.5pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/smilies/clap2.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1ANGELA~1.ROGLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>. I've never lost weight before...just kept putting it on. This feels amazing.

Today, the Parent/Teacher Group (PTG) put out a wonderful spread for the teachers. All the yummy goodies that lead me to 280. Well, I stopped, and grabbed 4 grapes, and walked away!!! Good for me!” <o:p></o:p>

Morning all!

As soon as I posted how to give rep power---they moved all the icons!! But it still works the same. Try it out!

Well today is my 1 year bandiversary! In fact one year ago this time, I was being wheeled in to surgery, and was a nervous wreck!! A year later--life is so different! 90 pounds---not a record by any means, but one helluva record for me! I cannot begin to convey the changes, it has brought about. I hang out here, excited to see all of you go through it, your enthusiasm keeps me motivated! The only pictures I have availabel right now are my before and my 50 pound loss pictures. I took a 75 pounds lost, but it was at Christmas, and the decorations on the door behind me, made it difficult to see. I intend on having Rick (DH) take my 1 year photos tonight. I will attach the 50 pound loss pics, just imagine, it is almost that much again---that just blows me away!

I had several little things I put on a list on a thread a year ago that I wanted to accomplish with my band---I have almost met them all in a year!

* I can cross my legs--squat-- sit on the floor and get up with ease

* I rode rides at a local carnival, so know I'll fit roller coasters this summer

* I buy clothes in Misses, no more Plus sizes!

* I no longer feel like people stare at me due to my weight

* I actually liked the family pictures we had made---I ALWAYS hated them before!

* I wanted to be able to share clothes with my DD---and while that has been accomplished, so far it is a one way street, she borrows mine, hers a still a bit small!! But the knowledge that she can wear mine, thrills us both!

* I take NO high blood pressure meds, NO diabetes meds---NOTHING!

* My cholesterol numbers are so good they make my Dr smile!

* I am able to ride my horses again, without feeling like the ASPCA is going to come after me for animal cruelty.

* I hike the farm with my husband, I no longer sit on the edge of a pool, or make excuses to avoid physical outings.

This list could go on, I no longer remember what all was on the first one. There are things I could not have foreseen a year ago, that I find to be awesome success. First of all the friends I have made on this board, have taken on such importance to me. I discuss you in real life, my husband asks about you! I thank each and every one of you for the support and friendship given me this last year--and look forward to the continuation of it! Another amazing aspect of this, was the ability to continue weight loss, or at least maintain during times of HUGE stress. I went through a time back before most of you on the Head Start on Spring board were around, that my stress levels were off the chart! Within a month of my banding, we found out my DH's mitral valve in his heart was failing, and he required open heart surgery. Before he could get it done, he got a blood clot, which took awhile to clear, and his heart kept getting worse. Finally in August he had surgery, successfully---and we thought all was well. But in Oct. He got sick and simply threw up---and due to al the blood thinners, he tore his esophagus, where it attaches to the stomach, and began bleeding profusely--I have never seen so much blood. The Dr. took me to a small room in the hospital, and told me due to the blood thinners, they could not stop the bleeding, that he would likely expire within the next 15 minutes. They were trying an experiment on him, but would I like to be with him as he passed? To tell you this months later makes me cry---I have NEVER been so scared in my life--this man is the love of my life! He was dying! Through some smart Dr.'s and a well timed experiment, they saved him! He ended up with almost 30 units of blood, and half again that of platelets--for the clotting factor. And he has no serious side efects from all of that. Now before my band, I would have been up a minimum of 30 pounds, I would have eaten everything in sight, I am a stress eater! I eat, I cannot sleep---I would have been out of control. The band was a such a blessing, it sat in there and did its job even when I couldn't! And I could sit in the ICU waiting room, waiting to see him without stuffing my face---thinking only of him. It got me through huge stresses---I love this band!

I tell you this long story, so you know that as you head into this next year, you are no longer alone in the weight battle. That little silicon fist is in there wrapped tight around your belly helping every day! And the friends you make here will be there praying for you and for anything that comes your way. I fully believe the prayers that went up from all corners of the USA and 3 different countries for my DH made a difference.

The first month is not always easy---but neither was walking around with the weight---and as you heal it gets so much better!!!! 90 pounds better for me!

The big deal for me today is a 3 way combo----#1 it is my bandiversary, #2. I am down 90 pounds, and #3 that puts me into Onederland!!!!! At least for today!!!

Thanks for listening guys!!!

Kat

post-207166-13813134895731_thumb.jpg

Wow, wow, wow Kat..inspiring words and beautiful pics. Can't wait to see the ones you'll take today!! You are a role model for us all. Thanks for being you!!

Kat!

Thank you! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Thank you for keeping an eye on us and being a guide for us. I am so happy to hear that everything worked out with your DH. I laughed at your comment about riding horses. I have horses as well and the last time I rode was Thanksgiving because I saw a picture of myself getting on the poor thing! Maybe that will be my before and after... me getting on my horse! =)

Your picture looks great I can not wait for you to post the new one!

Wow Kat what a transition!! You look great! Ok, let's ffwd 1 year, my turn! LOL

Angie-I have taken gas-x strips several times and it hasn't done anything for the pain so I stopped them. Tylenol doesn't help either. I have a small amount of REAL pain killer left, but I've been trying to save it for emergencies.

So today is the day I start on my full liquids. I was planning on a Soup at hand can of soup, a little snack pack container of the lo fat pudding and a snack pack container of applesauce for lunch. Then I looked at my diet sheet and it said.. "4-8oz. total". Whaaaaa?? NO way was I going to feel full on half a can of soup, half a container of lo fat pudding and half a container of applesauce. WELL... I ate half the can of soup, and half the pudding and couldn't do anymore. I was stuffed. If I ever had any doubts that they forgot to put the band in, those doubts are totally gone now. This is amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us Kat!! You are in inspiration and its such a blessing to be able to share this journey with everyone here. What a year you've had!! Sounds like your husband is going to be ok and now you guys have the rest of your life to enjoy!! And think of how much healthier you are and how much that is going to help him with his recovery. I have similar goals as you except I'm actually afraid of horse's so that one is out for me :girl_hug:

Kat,

Thanks so much for sharing something so personal w/ us. I couldn't agree more with you, the LBT gang has become friends. I've told secret on this thread that I wouldn't tell anyone. I remember when I first started talking about LB, in Dec. my partner (Susanne) asked, "Well, how much do you weigh?" (This from a size 10). I lied and said about 230-235 because I was ashamed of myself. She now knows the truth, and coming on here daily and announcing on the world wide web that I am currently 260 is down right liberating.

Kat, it was nice to know that even through times of trouble, the band is there for you. I am in a great place now (had a hard many years), but I know trouble will come my way again. I talked yesterday w/ my psychologist about strategies for later, when trouble comes my way again...how to cope w/out using food as before.

I hope DH is 100% better! I agree w/ Judy, you are an inspiration for us, a constant source of support and knowledge. Thanks for being our guardian angel!!!:hug:

Woohoo. I tried to 'guzzle' my slimfast just now, and I have restriction. Whew. So I'm just healing! I didn't really guzzle, but I have 1/2 can left and its gettin warm so I needed to pack this baby away. Took a big swig, and felt it go down roughly.. then I got bad hiccups and hiccup/burped a couple normal size sips out. So my restriction is still there, Water is just easy to drink now. I'm content with this knowledge!

Ohhh I decided on my first 'mini-goal' last night and wanted to share! So the day I post It happened, I'm gonna be out for a hot night on town LOL.

I order my pants from alloy.com because they have plus size AND long inseams for my long legs. Well, I normally get a certain brand that is true to size for me (at least, I know my size.. the largest size they carry!!). Well, I ordered a different brand from them, and they run small. I ordered them when I was about 320lbs months ago. They were some hot jeans.. real low-cut and made me look like I have a butt (which I don't). But I could not for the life of me (lots of huffing, puffing, rolling on the bed, bouncing all over the room) button them or zip them all the way. I tried to wear a baggy shirt just so I could wear them and not fasten them-just tuck them under. Didn't work, they were too low cut and fell off LOL. So.. I kept them in the closet for 'one day'. I was obsessed with fitting into them for a while, and had forgotten about them.. but I was doing laundry last night, saw them, and it hit me. I WILL WEAR THOSE JEANS!!!!! It shouldn't be TOO far from now. I am *hoping* end of next month (May) I will be in those sexy jeans. Yay for mini-goals!!!!

Wow Kat, thank you for sharing your story with us! Congratulations on you bandiversary! You are so inspirational and I appreciate your keeping an eye on all of us. You're our guardian band angel!

I'm loving reading about all the nsv's going on, too! Pants going up & down w/out opening, no fast-fooding, and 1/2 portions providing satiety. Fantastic! I know there are more & more to come! I can't wait to watch everyone have these incredible moments... to me, they mean even more than scale numbers.

Today is Day #1 of pre-op eating for me. 5 weeks from today I'll be getting banded! Having all of you as trailblazers is an amazing blessing. Thank you!

Have a great day, everyone!

It's been 10 days since I've been banded and aside from a little pain on the port incision area I'm feeling great! So far I'm doing great on the diet and I'm NOT feeling hungry...who knew? I wouldn't have believed anyone if they told me I wouldn't feel hungry or lose weight with the band, but I'm doing it. My scale says I've lost 15 lbs in 10 days so I'm excited!!

I too want to thank you Kat, for all of your words of wisdom. I love reading your posts!

I haven't felt like I have any restriction from day one. I can drink Water like crazy and I have been very hungry. I am looking forward to my first fill so that hopefully I wont be hungry anymore. If I didn't have these incisions on my stomach I would think they forgot to band me.

Welcome WarpedPegasus!!!!!!!!!

Pamela: CONGRATS on all your NSV's and your liberation!!!!

Kat: What can I say woman!!!!!!! You are my LapBand Hero, and after looking at those skinny legs....... IT'S NO FREAKEN WONDER WHY I CAN'T FIT INTO YOUR OLD JEANS!!!!!!!! LOL

Laura: You might want to start trying on those sexy jeans once a week.... you might be suprised at how much they go up every week!!!!

someone just walked in....