Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jenn, my doc had me on full liquids (not clear) for 2 days and then mushies for 4 weeks. 2 weeks of Clear Liquids just sounds ridiculous to me. I think you'd be quite safe to add some full liquids (hearty Soups, smoothies, etc.) at least every once in a while!! ....especially if you are lightheaded. That just doesn't seem right.

I haven't really lost any weight to speak of in a week either even though I've been exercising and averaging about 800 cals/day. Don't worry....things will normalize soon.

How's the situation with dbf? :ermm:

I know- I did add a scoop of Protein Powder a couple of days ago to my milk, fills me but I don't think I'm getting more than 300 cals a day - 800 would be like a thanksgiving feast!

I am actually not too worried about the weight, I am actually pleased with 16lbs in a week, my body will have a chance to catch up.

Oh.... dbf, I just talked to him this am- I am just sad because I feel in my heart that the new attitude I've had with this and all the therapy - that it is the beginning of the end. Not that i'm full of myself, I am turning back into the person he fell in love with, I've just been gone for so long.

thank you for asking - that actually felt good to say outloud

((hugs)) Jennifur!

On another note... has anyone had any problems editing your signatures? I've tried a couple times this a.m. and I keep getting a message about I have to have fewer than 500 characters and 6 lines... well, I do have fewer than that w/the edit! frustrating. I'll e-mail that alex admin guy I guess.

FUNNY cartoon! :)

LMAO Terridoodle!!! very good..

LAURAJ.... you poor thing! You must be demented at this stage!! I had the pain all day yesterday but it suddendly moved into my shoulder last night & was very sore. I did the painkillers & hot water bottle & it settled and now this morning I am fine so far!! I am sitting at my desk with no problems so far...although I have a massive protruding belly...ANYONE ELSE? Is this swelling or what?

Anyway LAURAJ, I have a book on juicing & was reading through it last night looking for Gas Remedies & found one you might like to try. PURE Veg juice can be hard to take but when freshly juiced at home can be powerful antidotes..

So here's what you do (obviously you'll need a juicer)

A generous slice of fennell (this is the ingredient that combats gas)

1 ince slice of lemon (leave the skin on if unwaxed)

2 Golden delicious apples

Juice the lot & pour over ice...(I hope it's decent) Try anyway

COURTESY OF JASON VALE www.juicemaster.com

I haven't tried it because grocery shopping here is still in the dark ages & I've to TRAVEL far & wide to find fennell!! They think I'm trying to say FUNNELL in my local shop (I wish we had grocery shops like you guys do in America!)

KITY....well done on passing up the jack in box!!! And congratulations on your other success... Isn't it CRAZY when we observe our selves being PULLED into that behaviour!! It's a mindless moment & we can correct & redirect as you did...but what is it that fights that redirection! Need is a devious thing

KAT817.....:clap2: Thank you for sharing your experience, you really are inspiring! I can't imagine what you went through with DH!! Thank God you got a better prognosis than the original...I would have swung for someone

Teachlady...I'm so happy to hear you are satisfied on the half cups..My nerves are gone for the mushy stage...I am happy to stay on my fluids for another 2 weeks!! I worry that I'll go into powersteering mouth mode when I get to use a fork again!

And holy crapoly...I got on the scale this morning and I weight 254..is that possible...31 pounds? 10 pre op and 21 pounds in 7 days...WOW...I had to get on the scale 3 times before I would believe it!!!!!!!!!!!

This is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Tracy: Wishing you the best tomorrow -- I am sure you will do GREAT!!!

Gotta go now -- on my way to the doctor for my first post-op appt.

Gina

Posting this a bit early for eveyrone who might be traveling or not checking in so much! :gluck:

:)WOOOOOFreaknHOOOOO! :peace: :whoo:

present.gifBrennens - 04/26

present.gifBeckyNtN - 04/26

present.gifJDarnwest - 04/26

present.gifFlax - 04/26

present.gifAdorable - 04/26

present.gifTracyinKS -04/26 :rockon:

Hi Everyone,

I went to my first post op visit yesterday. I thought the scale was broken because it showed a loss of 23 lbs. I am so happy. The special treat for me was my nutritionist said that I can eat a half cup of a small sized chilli from WENDYS as a meal.

TRACY, TRACY, TRACY...You have traveled a long road and I can't believe your day has finally come. It feels like I've been waiting with you! I am so happy for you! Good Luck tomorrow and I'll see you on the other side! :clap2:

Terri- LMAO...THAT WAS SO CUTE. My girls have been heading south since I was 20. AAAHHH reality. Hope your well. I seemed to have stalled too on weight loss. Still at 23 pounds. Some days, I feel soooo skinny (yesterday) and today I feel fat again, hummmmm??? My incision at the port site is infected, and it hurts today, with every movement. I am calling the doctor at lunch.

Tracy- Deep Breaths, Deep breaths...relax and let go now... everything is ready...everything will be ok...you are very prepared...(insert own needed meditation phrase here). We all love ya and are excited for you. Post as SOON as you can.

Sara- Hope your busy 2 days are behind you. We've missed you on the boards girl...hurry back.

Laura- Call your doc. Continued pain will interfere with healing. This is not normal, and it has been tooooo long now.

Jennifer- Follow your heart, your head and body will catch up. Any luck w/ the job search? Keep us posted. A 3 mile walk would kill me, but it will lift your spirits.

Everyone else...Sending love and prayers and lots of positive energy. The month is almost over, then we will ALL be on the other side!!!!:clap2:

It's like Christmas in April here! My Protein sampler pack just arrived, and I feel like a kid @ Christmas unpacking the bag and checking out all the different powders & potions. The next couple weeks will be interesting as I sample my way through them all! Will share my results with the hopes of helping others.

Julee71 -Wow! Losing weight seems to be an individual thing. Some bodies just drop and you're one of them. Enjoy it! Wow! Wouldn't it be great if it stayed consistent?

For me - I lose more slowly. Oh well. Ok, yes, I'm jealous! I really want it to stick this time.

Anyone else feeling that way? Kinda scared that this won't work either, but then the scale is moving down and my motivation is really present. Sorry to air my worries here, but where else could I?

Best wishes to all of you going to be banded. A quick recovery and a healthy life.

TRACY, TRACY, TRACY...You have traveled a long road and I can't believe your day has finally come. It feels like I've been waiting with you! I am so happy for you! Good Luck tomorrow and I'll see you on the other side! :clap2:

Thank YOU TAMMYJ!!!! You with your sassy new TWA! I need to go peek at your Marchies thread because I thought you were supposed to weight at work last night...... (wondering how you loss would be after that fill)

I'm trying to stay calm, but I got everything caught up yesterday.. so I'm sure Ill be on the boards a lot today!!!!!:)

Congratulations! To all being banded today. Tracy - you go girl!

A quick and easy recovery and transition into Bandland to all of you!

Conrgats you're finally there Tracy!

You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow, hurry back to us :)