Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Horns: Don't sweat it.... sometimes we lose in cycles.. last week you lost pounds, this week you may of lost inches.... it does take a bit for your body to catchup with itself....... Have a great day!

Morning all! I'm getting ready to wake up my little man and get him dressed. (He has to go with us to the hospital, since daycare doesn't open til 7:00 a.m.)

Dbf just laughed at me and shook his head no, when I asked him to post for me later today......... so, unless I can find an internet connection for patient use at the hosptial, I will be posting tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks so much EVERYONE.......

BANDLAND HERE I COME!!!!!

Good morning to all .....I am also an April bandie....I had my band inserted on 4/6/07...I am doing fine...no problems...I am so glad I had this done...best thing I have ever done for myself...

Have a great day!!

Di/Texas

My doctor, says not to worry about weight loss until the first fill....they just want you to heal and not worry about your weight loss during this time...it will come off...just take care of yourself and stick to the plan...

Di/Texas

C'mon now everybody... let's sing it loud & proud for our Tracy... out there on the table somewhere getting her band -- (sung to the tune of Bruce Springsteen's "Badlands"):

"Band-land, you gotta live it every day, let the broken hearts stand, as the price you've gotta pay... we'll keep pushin' 'til it's understood, and these band-lands start treating us good... whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... BAND-LAND... whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... BAND-LAND!"

Guess I woke up in a rockin' kind of mood! Hope Tracy's rockin' her band!

Have a great day, everyone!

:rockon:

Today is a great day! TRACY - all my thoughts are with you today, you have been a motivation and inspiration to me and I'm sure for others too... can't you tell by all the support.

It is amazing that you started this group and now almost at the end you are being banded!!!!

Can't wait to hear from you!

Mdrai that is so funny...bandlands

This morning I was making coffee & i though Tracy is on her way now & tried to imagine what she's doing right now...is she getting prepped or on the table or what...I thought that was so strange...Someone I've never even MET & I'm waking round my kitchen thinking about her!!

Anyway QUESTION PLEASE....

What's the story with "stretching your pouch?" Does that happen & how...

I am having trouble remembering to SLOW DOWN drinking my shakes etc ...And when I remember I find it hard to do...although I have managed but sometimes I just go too fast & I wonder am I'm stretching something?

Got my first "Are you loosing weight?" comment yesterday...Thank You!!

Also my first NSV...my wedding & engagement rings are back on my finger!!!;) That was depressing growing out of them!!!

LauraJ...I hope you don't have to suffer with that pain any longer.

Jennifur...good luck with the job

Sara Mos...you jet setter!! I'm grand so far...enjoying my vacation from food although cooking more than ever as I find it very relaxing

Michelle,

I LOVED THE SONG. What tune does it go to? Your very funny, thanks for sharing.

I also woke this am and was thinking about Tracy. Good Luck Sweetie!!!

Thinking of you today Tracey!! Cant wait to hear all about your experience when you feel up to it!!

*HUGS* to you!!

BIGasLIFE and FLOWERGIRL....

welcome to our group!

BIGasLife... please tell us a little about yourself! And are you on mushies now? How has your experience been?

FlowerGirl... you must be getting very excited! The good thing about being at the end of the month in this group, is that you'll easily be able to see what has happeded to all the others before you and know what to expect a little more! Best wishes for your surgery!

Yep, me too....woke up thinking about Tracy and sent her a little "HOORAY!! GO TRACY - GO TRACY - GO TRACY!!" You are loved, dear. ;) and we're obviously all thinking about you!! With all those good vibes you should sail right through surgery and recovery! All those keystrokes are paying off now!!

Jenn - thinking about you, too. You're hitting quite a rough patch now, arent you? :D I do hope that the job works out -- that would be a big boost!! Take a big breath and just keep moving and looking forward. Things are gonna be getting better.

Sara - I tried your pineapple and cottage cheese yesterday!! OMG! I went right out and bought 8 more cans of pineapple!! I normally eat it with blueberries, strawberries or canned pears...but pineapple is over the top! YUM.

My scale is being stubborn, too....so all of you coming up on 3 weeks, be prepared....looks like it's pretty normal for some of us!

Good Morning All..

I am with you on the weight loss. I was weighing myself every day and rejoicing that the scale was going down every day. The first week. Then ...poof.... nothing, nothing, nothing. Stayed the same every day even though I was sticking to the food plan. Sooooooooo after talking to the nurse she said.. HIDE those scales. You should only be weighing in once or twice a week at the most. So DH hid them and I'm only weighing in on Sundays now. We'll see how it goes. But I'm not thinking about how many pounds I'm losing now. I'm focusing on sticking to the diet and getting the exercise in. Hopefully I'll be pleased with the weigh in, but even if I don't lose I know I will not gain. And after the fill is when the real weight loss will start. I'm confident of that. I feel good knowing I have done something just for me that is going to help me get healthy and slimmer. We all should be proud of that!!:clap2: Everyone have a great day!!

Oh.. forgot.. We went out to dinner last night as is our custom after choir on Wednesdays. We go with another couple and they all had their salads, their shrimp and steak and potatoes and veggies and I had............ broth!! And enjoyed it. It filled me up and I stretched it out to last as long as their dinners did. I know now I can do this!!!