Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terry

Thank you, it is rough but all going to be so much better, I am just so worried about money, I only have 4 weeks of unemployment left and if I don't have a job I'm toast! Once that is settled everything else will fall in line,... that and not chugging Water (LOL) The rest is not that important, it is all just building. I am going to have yogurt in my shake today and hopefully that will help with feeling hungry.

so here is my deal. I CANNOT break the rules set for me. that was why it was so important that I talk to someone before I added anything. If I know I can break the rules now, then when I am eating food, I will continue to break the rules. If I stay strong and don't break them, I will continue to stay strong. Does that make any sense. So I'm jealous of all you food eating people, but I don't always have will power.

Besides... Tracey had weeks of pre-liquid diet, she did it... SO CAN I!

HUGS you guys are all great

Jenn - you are 100% correct in your thinking!! You are so right about the rules thing....I'm right there with ya! That's how I have to be also. I don't *think* I've broken any rules ....yet! :ermm:

Terry

I can't wait until Sunday, I talked to another one of my Dr.'s patients who was banded in march and she called inbetween and same thing, but she did not call at 2 week point because that was what their written instructions said to go to mushies. So I won't beat myself up over that. LOL

I AM MENTAL... I KNOW THIS! months of therapy! LOL

Hang in there Jennifur, I am a firm believer that the better you let that band settle, the better you will do. Hang tough!!!

Michelle---now I am gonna have to dig up the Boss' CD, and sing!!!

I only hope Tracy knows how she has worked her way into all of our hearts. I too woke up this morning thinking of her---knowing she was on her way!!! I wish I would have thought to get up and check my computer, looks like she was on, dealing with excitement and nerves I'm sure. She will be here in bandland soon now!!!

The slowing down of weight loss is VERY NORMAL!!!! I at one point was reduced to tears! I thought OMG I had this surgery to lose 26 pounds??? But amazingly when I was able to finally eat actual healthy food, I began losing again! If you are able, try taking in a higher calorie something first thing in the morning---it is said to boost your metabolism, and that it will stay revved for the day. I know it is disheartening, knowing you are limited to certain foods, and are working your Dr.'s program, and the results have slowed or stopped---but don't freak out, it will start up again! You guys all sound like you are doing SO good!!! You are developing good band habits, and when you can move on to the next stages safely, your bodies will respond. Right now while you are not losing so much pound wise, check your measurements---I will bet they will shock you as much as the scales!! In the last year, I have lost almost 60 inches of me! I bought a bag of birdseed for my Dad yesterday in Walmart---40 pounds. It was heavy, and I walked 3 feet with it, I could not believe I used to walk around every day with more than 2 of those strapped to my body! HOW????? How did my knees take it? So look at how much you have lost, and when in the store next pick up a 10-15-20 pound bag of potatoes, or dog food---or whatever, and walk down the aisle carrying it---it will shock you!

Sara--you maintained while away at your class----you rock!!!

Terry----My DH walked behind me when one of your posts was up, and he ask me "you really talk to that person?" He is usually not judgemental, so I immediately get defensive! I am saying of course I do, she is a really nice person, always upbeat, and supportive----he is laughing---he was referring to your cow avatar!!! We had some cows get out, and I spent hours trying to get them, and get them loaded and home again, and every 10 minutes or so I had to grumble about hating cows!!! We had a good laugh about it! I told him this thread is all the new April 07 banders, and that you are all my 'band babies'---I want you all to be as happy with your band, and feel all the wonderful changes I have! And I realized---you are already there----you are probably in Onederland now too!!!! YEA!!!

Well gotta go get dressed so I can go check on the rogue cows.......

TTYL

Kat

Kity~~It's not just the tune, it's the words too, but I just changed the word "badlands" to "bandlands"... it's by Bruce Springsteen! Please oh please tell me you're familiar w/him?? He's one of my all-time favs (him, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffet...)... my #1 song in life is "Rosalita"... it's so rockin' & energized & I have such great memories of dancing & dancing to it in my carefree youth... I've even told my dh that I want it blasted out at my funeral, as I don't want everyone sobbing around, I want them to be celebrating my life & enjoying my fav song.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL BEING BANDED TODAY!!!!

I am 3 weeks out as of today! I'm down 28 pounds and I'm on the pureed stage now.

Remember to walk, walk, walk!!!! It feels GREAT to get out and walk! And the more you lose the easier it is to actually DO IT!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!! ;) ....and together makes it a lot easier to do!!!!....

Bandedme

4/5/07

262/234/155

Terry----My DH walked behind me when one of your posts was up, and he ask me "you really talk to that person?" He is usually not judgemental, so I immediately get defensive! I am saying of course I do, she is a really nice person, always upbeat, and supportive----he is laughing---he was referring to your cow avatar!!! We had some cows get out, and I spent hours trying to get them, and get them loaded and home again, and every 10 minutes or so I had to grumble about hating cows!!! We had a good laugh about it! I told him this thread is all the new April 07 banders, and that you are all my 'band babies'---I want you all to be as happy with your band, and feel all the wonderful changes I have! And I realized---you are already there----you are probably in Onederland now too!!!! YEA!!!Kat
Well, the cow avatar, aside from the obvious metaphor, is up because I love cows! When I was a little girl I spent summers on my grandpa's farm and I used to love to just watch the cows chew. They always looked so peaceful and serene and have the most beautiful eyes. Of course, here in Texas, I see cows ALL the time....they're everywhere! I just think they're sweet. And they TASTE GOOD TOO! :hungry:

Grrrrrrrrr No, I'm not in "Onederland" -- Oh no.... of course not!! The scale came to a screeching halt at 201-202 and seems to be stuck there but good!!! Isn't that always the way?? :tired

present.gifBrennens - 04/26

present.gifBeckyNtN - 04/26

present.gifJDarnwest - 04/26

present.gifFlax - 04/26

present.gifAdorable - 04/26

present.gifTracyinKS -04/26

I'm excited for all of you!! Today is the day! Can't wait to hear how you are all doing!!!

Today is my first official day on mushies...I actually started 12 hours early...boy what a difference in the way I feel...no more headache, fatigue seems to be going away, not as short-tempered with my poor kiddos:) ...Couldn't eat much at all, but it was so nice to chew something...I haven't had anything I could chew since April 1!!!

I'm finding that I like the way my mushies taste, but they just don't FEEL good after I've eaten...no pain or anything. I think it's just because I can feel something sitting in my pouch when there hasn't been anything there for almost a month.

I had 2 tablespoons of tuna with light Mayonnaise and 4 crackersyesterday around 5:30pm...I felt full when I went to bed 5 hours later!!! Wow this REALLY IS going to work!!!! I am really excited...I guess I had some doubts, but there really is restriction there!

I had half a scrambled egg for Breakfast 3 hours ago and am still full. I am planning on a small skinless baked potato for lunch - if I get hungry - and I am cooking some lasagna for dinner (sans the noodles):

Ricotta cheese

Cottage Cheese

Tomato Sauce

blend together, spread in pan, sprinkle a little parmesan on top and bake it til it's warm. I'll let you know how it is.

Well, I'm gonna go and work on some school with the kids.

Have a great day!

WarpedPegasus<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_452669", true); </SCRIPT> - Congratulations on your loss!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

lauraj23<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_452648", true); </SCRIPT> - Good job on the mini goal. I have not set one yet. I think I am going to wait until I get my first fill. Although, I am not sure why! <o:p></o:p>

Howdy all, I got banded on April 9 and thought I'd pop in and say hi. ^^)/

I'm on my last few days of my 3 weeks of post-op liquids... I can't wait to have something other than a chocolate shake. (._.') I'm starting to notice I am getting mildly obsessed with food... anyone else have that problem?

As of today I've lost 24 pounds so far- all my clothes are hanging off me! I know it's going to slow down once I move to real food... but still, I am quite pleased with my results thus far!

Hi everyone,

I know the Boss! When I read it this am it was 5:15, just getting my mojo working. As soon as Kat said the Boss, it clicked. I like his music, not a huge fan like you, but I like him. I LOVE James Taylor, and have seen him a few times. I am a music freak, won't bore everyone w/ the details, but I am very ecletic in my tastes, and I love every genre. You name it, I like it, know it, or have seen 'em in concert. I have seen the Grateful Dead over 100 times (without giving away too much about myself:kiss ).

Christy- my lasagne was great. I love it and was very full from the cheese and meat sause. I make my own sauce (Italian girl) and had to smell it simmering all day. So when it was time to eat, I was ready. And DP got the pasta! Win Win!!!

My scale has stopped too, at -23...but I am not complaining. My clothes are baggin and I LOVE IT! I have to go to surgeon today, my port site is infected :think and hurts, but nothing a few antibiotics won't cure.

Have a great day!!!!!

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!

XO~ P

Hi everyone,

I know the Boss! When I read it this am it was 5:15, just getting my mojo working. As soon as Kat said the Boss, it clicked. I like his music, not a huge fan like you, but I like him. I LOVE James Taylor, and have seen him a few times. I am a music freak, won't bore everyone w/ the details, but I am very ecletic in my tastes, and I love every genre. You name it, I like it, know it, or have seen 'em in concert. I have seen the Grateful Dead over 100 times (without giving away too much about myself:kiss ).

Christy- my lasagne was great. I love it and was very full from the cheese and meat sause. I make my own sauce (Italian girl) and had to smell it simmering all day. So when it was time to eat, I was ready. And DP got the pasta! Win Win!!!

My scale has stopped too, at -23...but I am not complaining. My clothes are baggin and I LOVE IT! I have to go to surgeon today, my port site is infected :think and hurts, but nothing a few antibiotics won't cure.

Have a great day!!!!!

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!

XO~ P

present.gifFlax - 04/26

present.gifTracyinKS -04/26 wink.gif

Good luck on your surgeries everyone!!! I hope you all have a quick recovery and I'll see you on the other side tommorow!!! :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5:

Good luck to all of our bandlandsters! Today's YOUR day!<HR SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

present.gifFlax - 04/26

present.gifTracyinKS -04/26

You will find that your band is your friend. Like deep within you there is this hug, loving you. At least, that is what it has been like for me. Get through the healing, ice the tummy, and rejoice. If I could do this ...you can do this! :clap2:

Hugs, Michelle