Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Oh one other thing, I noticed blood in my BM this morning. Should I be concerned? I've had been blocked up but I've been drinking prune juice for a few days now.

I also had this a couple days after surgery-I was giving myself blood thinner injections post-op and was told those may have caused that. Also while IN the hospital, they would not let me have RED Jello, so as to avert the appearance of blood in stools...it only lasted a day or 2:nervous

Please call me Mary (MEW are just my initials) and my surgery date is May 23rd...at 8:30 am!!

I am trying out different Protein powders, and usually have 2 shakes a day...very very low carb food as much as I can (I'd give anything for a big plate of spaghetti right now...lol) I've been eating lots of scrambled eggs and cheese omelets for Breakfast, lunch meat and cheese for lunch and supper is whatever I cook for the family, just keeping it very low carb. I did find an ice cream, I'd love some feed back on it from anyone! Its Breyer's Smart Carb chocolate ice cream, its 120 calories per 1/2 cup and 4 grams of carbs, its made with Splenda and tastes wonderful! LOL Has anyone else tried it...what are your thoughts on the carbs/calories?

Me too - with the pooping. I finally had a salad yesterday and then a normal poop! I was so happy not to be doing the baby smelly, farty poop.

Ok.....ok.....ok...... Tooo Muuuuch Innnnnnformation!

But if we don't tell who will?

So glad to see all the newly banded people doing so well. Don't be in a race to do and overdo. I think it is a time to be sweet with yourself and let your body rest when it needs to. I do think that the walking gives you a sense of well-being.

I am still having trouble stretching my torso to reach because of the incisions. It has been 11 days since surgery. Anyone else? I am so worried that my incision will pull apart since it is only glued together. Especially the port site, everywhere else is pretty healed.

Hugs to all and healthy recovery to those just banded,

Michelle

Did everyone have their band placed empty? If so when if your first fill? Jane

My Post-op appt was this past Wednesday. My doctor said at surgery he rinses the band with saline then places 5cc (1/2 full) and places the band on the stomach and then snips the line to attach the port and let's whatever amount wants - run back out.

Truly he doesn't know what cc's is left - if all or any -- he said it doesn't really matter - just that the restriction is there.

He does his first fills after 6 weeks -- I am scheduled for May 31st.

WELCOME HOME TRACY!!!! WE HAVE MISSED YOU!

Hi Mary, my RL name is Michelle... but I'll answer to anything! :lol:

Sounds like we're following a similar lc-based plan... I'm not going to let myself get into the ice cream game, tho... too much temptation. I like the portion-controlled popsicles... Do you have to follow a liquid stage pre-op? I actually have a "formal" plan from my nutritionist... I'll pm it to you if you're interested.

Even with all my good intentions & behaviours, I must admit that THIS TIME OF DAY IS THE HARDEST! 4pm 'til bedtime... ugh... the "eating hours"... Snacks, making dinner, eating dinner, cleaning up from dinner, dessert... my dh even just called to see if we wanted to go out for dinner (my ds's soccer practice was cancelled due to rain)... I was like "Uh, hello? Do you not listen to a word I say? Do you not remember that I'm prepping for surgery?" and he's like "Whoops!" Men! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ok, really, I am leaving for the day. Really. I mean it. Bye! :)

Michelle

I am just about 2 weeks out and still having pain at my port site, it is bigger and I feel lots of pulling. Last night was bad, I was in and out of my suv alot yesterday and I think that made it worse.

I took 1/2 pain pill I was sent home with and it helped, took it away and I was not completely stupid

good luck

Hi all,

I am home now and have had a good sleep last night. Luckily I have had no pain and other than feeling uncomfortable if I bend, I feel great. Glad to hear that nobody has had any problems.

Nice to meet you Michelle...My husband is the same way!! He wanted to go out to dinner last night, but I had support group, so I told him to take the kids. He said he will wait until tonight so I can go...I finally had to tell him "Why do you think I got in this shape to begin with?" He just doesnt understand...but he is very supportive of the surgery. I've already started dinner so we cant go out to eat tonight...lol

My doctor only wants a 2-day liquid diet pre-op...but I have been trying to lose as much weight as I can before that, to help jumpstart the weight loss after surgery. When I weighed in at my pre-op appointment Tuesday, I was down 7 pounds since I started to seriously watch what I eat, but quitting smoking at the same time has really wreaked havoc with me.

About the ice cream....I dont sit and eat it all day long, one of my daily shakes I add 1/4 cup of ice cream to it to help it blend up better (1/4 cup = 60 calories and 2 carbs) and thats all I use. We actually bought it for my diabetic DH...but after reading the label, it didnt seem all that bad...lol

I'd love for you to PM me your formal plan...I'm interested in all the help I can get!!

Thanks!!

Oh, good for you Flax!!! Nice to have that behind you now!! Best wishes for a smooth recovery! Get lots of good rest this weekend!

Mary and Michelle - OF COURSE you can hang out with us guys! I'd be ticked off if you left us now!!

hello all

so I couldn't stand it, I cheated, I was so hungry today. BUT I did not completely cheat, I was told it had to be drinkable so I had a 2oz cup of homemade blackbean Soup in the freezer and I put it in my bullet with a cup of skim milk, it was drinkable and full of Protein. SO GOOD, just to have flavor. I could really go for more of the french onion soup broth but I am still full from my bean thing.

I was reviewing my 2 week diet (Monday) and I can have lots of stuff - or so it appears. I am glad I am full so I know I won't overkill. I think I'm going to try a scrambled egg with cheese in the am to see how I can deal with that and sunday I am going to have some ricotta cheese baked with sauce. OK I know 2 days early but I need to do slow and steady and when I'm home.

AM I A HORRIBLE PERSON? I held out for 10 days

Tracy, we miss you over in your other home! I posted a bit of your first post just to let everyone know you are okay. Hope ya don't mind. I know they are all waiting to hear how you did!

did they make more changes to this site again today?

Ok all you Shrinking Violets!!! I must be really addicted cause I'm sitting in a hotel lobby using the free internet to see if Tracy made it home alright. Now I can sleep tonight.. lol Seriously, glad to have you back Tracy and so thrilled that things went well for you.

I see the nurse and nutritionist on the 8th of May and then can go on mushies for two weeks.. then regular food!! Yea!!! I won't see the doctor for a fill until the first week of June. He waits 8 weeks before a fill. Things are still going very well. I've had lots and lots of temptations and have conquered them all. I'm at a church meeting and they are having chicken salad for lunch tomorrow and I brought along my yogurt and Soup and pudding so I'm all set. I went to the fitness room and did my 30 minutes on the treadmill and the bike. I won't weigh in until Sunday morning and am anxious to see how the weight is dropping. I sure feel a difference in my clothes already!

Everyone have a good evening and I'll be back to check on you all on Saturday evening!!

I too like the name Shrinking Violets.. We're lovely and we're shrinking.. couldn't have a better name. What do the rest of you think???

Judy

LOL!!!!!!! Teach: DBF got a good belly laugh when I read aloud your post! SEEEEE now he knows I'm not the only one addicted to this site.

I had my nap and I actually laid on my side.... (I'm a side sleeper) I had the rest of my Soup and did take a dose of medicine. I'm getting ready to take a shower.

I will tell you that I am going to have to slow down on the slurping.. I had a burning full sensation with my soup...... didn't really feel stuck.. just a UHHH OHHHH I'm done... the mental training begins! Phone has started ringing.

I just had my first creamy Soup today and it was yummy, way watered down to follow the rules but yummy. It is funny how everyone is different. I was so very full from what I had at lunch but I want something. I might run down the street and get some more french onion soup broth. no cheese, no bread and have a real bowl of broth tonight.