Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Kat - I'm sending lots of prayers....Hopefully things will turn around for your Hubby soon!!!!!!!!!

Tracy - Your incisions look great and I LOVE the band pics! Wish I would have thought to ask for those!!

General Question - Where is your port?? I expected (from the diagrams) for it to be down lower towards my side. Mine is a good 6 inches straight up from my belly button. I can feel it like a knob in there not to far at all under the skin. Does anyone else have this?? I didn't think it would be so close under the skin. Maybe its just swelling pushing it forward?? Feels like I could easily do my own fill at this point! haha...kidding of course :)

Shawnna

Oh...I also like the Shrinking Violets!!!!!!:biggrin1:

Shawna - My port is exactly the same way...LOL...yes, and I feel like I could do my own fills too!!

Fellow shrinking voilet here...although I was a naughty violet tonight...amazing...piggy violet is more like it. Is this bandster hell? The fact that I am able to eat anything, and know that I shouldn't. I still can't eat the quantities as before, but I am doing a pretty good job. I think I just feel crappy because I over induldged tonight. We went to a great resturaunt, and I just kept waiting to feel FULL, hell, I am still waiting. :hungry:

Kat- you know how we feel...sending prayers your way.

Tracy- glad your back to feeling better.

Judy- Thanks for calling for a formal vote on the name. I've been telling my friends that I am a shrinking violet since the liquid preop diet, and thought it was a great name for us here!

Please let May be a very quick month. I need to get a fill soon!!! Tonight felt like my old ways, and I didn't like it. I did go for a long walk this am, but am feeling fat again!!!!:help:

Tiggerific: When were you banded? I know my port is at least 6 inches below the skin, but to keep from being stapled, the doctor put sutures under the skin.. So if I push the port incision area, its a hard mass. That's just stitches/scar tissue forming. If you're banded recently that would likely be it. I doubt you would feel your port, especially this early!

Good morning, all. Well, today was weigh in for the week. DH hid the scales on me last week and, how silly is this.. I couldn't sleep this morning waiting to get on them!! Luckily it was good news. I lost 5# this week!!! My clothes are getting looser and I'm 1# away from my lowest weight when I was going to Curves. I've made it through upteen temptations and am proudly patting myself on the back just cause I can!! Tomorrow it's over to the jewelers for another charm for my bracelet!! I'm totally geeked!!!

I am feeling sorry for my friend that had the surgery Friday. I was telling her how easy it was for me and I just thought she would have an easy time too. Unfortunately she's feeling very nauseous and in pain. I felt so bad talking to her on the phone. She's had lots of surgeries.. major ones and thought for sure this one would be an easy one. It's amazing how different it is for different people. And she and I had the same doctor! Needless to say I feel very blessed and thankful mine went so easily for me.

Kat.. we're all still praying for you and Rick. Hope you both can feel the warmth of those prayers. Keep us informed as much as you can and take care of yourself too.

Kat - you and rick are in my prayers this morning and always

Well, I've been stuck at 16lbs all week and yesterday I ate - scram egg w/salsa and cheese for Breakfast, 2 tbs baked ricotta w/sacue for lunch and 2tbs refried Beans with salsa and cheese for dinner. I was never so happy.

Anyway lost 1 lb this morning! I know 1lb is silly but since I have not moved I am happy

When I was trying to find something to wear to church - I tried to put on my favorite levi's I have not had on since before my son 4 years ago, and I could not close them, I got them up over my hips and where they belong. 1 month ago I couldn't get them over my thighs! Now they actually fit my legs, just not my belly, but WHO CARES! That is an accomplishment and that is all that matters.

I have my 2 week visit on Thursday and then I can start adding real food in and not mushies.

Going to lunch today after church, going to have a nice bowl of Soup and hopefully be happy. We will see

I already am a Shrinking Violet!! ...look under my user name! :)

Teach - that scar that still hurts...between ur boobies might very well be where your port is. That's where mine is and is the only one that is still tender.

I think you might be right, Terri. Funny, I always thought it would be lower and to the left. It's way high between my boobs, but then again, my boobs ain't where they're supposed to be either.. With a little duct tape I too can have perky boobs again!! Anyway.. I did press down on the incision today and it feels like there is something there. Perhaps the doc wanted to make sure I could wear a bikini when the time came. Ummmmm not in this lifetime!! ;)

TracyinKS,

I'm 18 days out and notice the hunger about at day 15. When I eat out...my favorite thing to do (well almost *G*) I felt I could eat a lot. BUT I didn't. I COULD eat more than I had been eating. I was only taking in about 600 calories a day and the nurse said I needed more food. A bad thing to tell ME.

Anyway, since I'm eating more about 1,000 calories a day..my weight loss has stalled. Since surgery I was losing a #1 a day. Now ..nothing for 3 days.

I'm going to eat more Protein and not mix in the carbs...to see if that might work.

It's a journey that's for sure. Good LUCK!!

Hey VIOLETS

Kat-Hang in there and send major love to your DH. We are all praying for you.

Tracy-Great to have you back. Your belly looks great. Everyhing feeling good?

I'm going to break down & buy a scale today. I was solely relying on Dr. scales but I won't be seeing them for 3 weeks....and I'm dying to know.

Off the the supermarket for tofu, morningstar farm crumbles and veggies. I'm dying for good veggie chili...nice and MUSHY!

Everyone enjoy their Sunday.

Hello Fellow VIOLETS!

Hope all is well this morning. Tracy, those pix were so cool!!! I love that stuff. Did you watch the Lapband surgery, the actual surgery before? Rocko had a link here that showed the actual surgery, inside the tummy! I love watching it, made me feel sooo much better about what was going on. I saved the link if anyone wants to watch. It is about an hour long, but provided soo much information.

Yesterday, I went to the safety deposit box and took out my grandmothers diamond ring to wear again. I used to wear it, but it just got sooooo tight. All my rings have been loose, and my committment ring needed a guard. I am so excited about having it on again, feels like grandma is with me. Even though I was naughty yesterday, this might remind me to behave!!!

Have a great day everyone. Sending Kat much love! Who is getting banded tomorrow? I can't believe it is the last day of April...what a long month it has been!

Laura - I was banded 4/17. It is my port. I actually thought I was feeling the band because it is so hi up...so I asked the Dr. at my 1 week follow up and he said..."no..you won't be able to feel the band...its way hi up...that's your port" I was very surprised at the location...and how close it is under the skin. He didn't seem to find it strange though.

SHawnna

wow, it seems like all of you know each other already. I have been reading the posts and seems like a few of us are in the same boat. I was banded on 4/11 and i probably should have done what the dr said about eating 800-1200 calories post op, but i only did about 600....now, i am eating a little more and the weight loss has stopped (for now). I am sure it will start going down again, but it sure takes an emotional toll, doesn't it? Congrats to everyone on their banding.:clap2:

What a yucky day.

it is cloudy and cold here. I had 2 scrambled eggs this morning and I was not overly stuffed but definately not ready to eat lunch with my kids.

I just went to Walmart and got a "run" for my dog. He is a 10month old shepard/hound mix and he is a digger! He is digging huge holes around my pool, and every day I am filling them up and yelling and screaming. This week he pulled the sump pump out of the pool by the hose, destroyed my hose, extension cord and the cord to my friends sump pump! Needless to say.... he is outside now on a tie down and is not happy with me, but if it kills me, he is going to stop digging!

Just thought you all would like a funny story today - ok it is only funny because I won this round, or at least for now... LOL

Have a great Sunday all

laura,

You are still in the recovery stage and will not get a true weight for some time.

I was banded on the 27th and I told myself that I would only go with my 1 month post op appointment as my weight. I've tortured myself enough over the years in regard to my weight. I am not going to let this be one of those times. I'm not saying I won't weigh myself but I certainly won't take that as the word of total loss. '

Jenn