Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hello Ladies, oh wait..I mean Shrinkin Violets..lol..thats so darn cute!!!

I definitely can sympathize with all of you....

~the BM's where are they??? Grrrrrr.....

~the eating of regular food when your suppose to be on full liquids

~the losing of sleep..zzzz

~the gas pains..ugh

~the loose skin..ewwwww

~the hunger pains...ouch

~no restriction....not good..lol

Thank goodness I see my Surgeon today for my follow up..i have sooooo many questions!!!!!!!

Best of all.......I get to see how much HIS scale says!!!!!! whooohooooo

BRENNERS...hope you read this!!

Congratulations on getting your band fitted...happy it worked out for you.

Re the gas pains you are experiencing the same as me. I felt like I was having a heart attack & onky for LBT I would have been freaking out.

I had actually stocked up on the GAS x strips on a recent trip to the US but girl...I may as well have been eating toothpaste.

I didn't get my pains until 4 days in & I'm sorry to say they lasted a solid week. Getting less prolonged though as the week passed.

I can recommend good oul ANDREWS liver salts and if you can get your hands on some liquid or effervecent painkillers too just keep dosing your self with them. I found relief by lying on my side, the side that hurt and that was the best thing. I didn't have any prob sleeping with it. But unlike yourself I sometimes found that eating (soup or shake) actually helped too. I also did the hot water bottle but that didn't really do much.

I hope you read this & can at least take comfort that while you may have the pain & discomfort for a while it WILL go away. It's SOOO bad sometimes I found myself groaning out loud. Sitting in the same position as TRACYINKs pointed out is definatley not good for it. I also found bending to tie shoes or bending at all for that matter triggered it in the mornings!!

I hope you get through it without loosing your mind a bit!

Tracyinks I did the arms over my head thing too...I didn't care who saw me it was all I could do to not cry at times!

P.S....check out my ticker!!!! I am 2.5lbs away from my first weight loss goal of 24 lbs... I'm so grateful!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I have bought myself a james avery Bracelet & my first charm is a key of promise...that I promise myself to see this through.

BTW...anyone got any advice on drinking alcohol? I had my first night out last night & drank Gin & cranberry juice (couldn't think of anything else not fizzy!) anyway I had 5 drinks in the course of 5 1/2 hours and I am still paranoid as to whether this will STRETCH the pouch?? Anyone?

And can anyone suggest a mild alcoholic drink that is not fizzy & is low in calories.. the cranberry juice itself is worse than the gin I think.

Gin is yuk anyway...I just realise that now LOL..

Oh and wine is my LOONEY JUICE so that WON'T be happening. I tend to fancy divorce when I get tanked on that. DH does NOT like to see me on the looney juice & neither do I.

I prob sound like a total langer, but It's just that my circle is very social & drinking is something I also need to have a plan for.

THANK YOU!!! (hic):)

Your post made me laugh. I don't know about the cocktails. I like Jack and Water on the rocks, but rarely drink. I used to LOVE champagne w/ raspberries in it...yummmmmm, but w/ all the bubbles, I guess I won't have that for a while. I hardly ever drink anyway...but love to sometimes!

Anyway, good luck! Congrats on the weightloss! Try a whiskey or burbon and water, good, smooth, and no extra calories from just the water.

LUNASA - Chardonnay, girlfriend!! CHARDONNAY! :)

Don't know what a "langer" is...but I can guess!! LOL I think I"m one too!

Congrats on the weight loss -- isn't it wonderful?? So happy for you!

KAT - Thanks for affirming for us that this is a special group of people. Aren't we just the coolest?? Glad to have you here with us. I am SO sorry to hear things with DH are not miraculously resolving :) Ya'll are in my prayers!

Almost any whiskey with Water will do. Any hard liquors on the rocks or straight up should be fine. Beer seems to have a lot of calories, but from what I remember hard liquors really didn't have a lot of calories in them. I might be confusing it with carbs!?!

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/liquor.html

Blood mary looks good and doable.

and then there's a long list to think of other drinks you like.

I'm not much of a drinker, so I don't know anything fancy lol.

Ok.. guys........ I'm having gas pains. I think sitting at my desk in one postion is causing it.... also..... what did you all take for constipation....

TMI: today is the first day I feel like "going" but..... uhmmmmm does rabbit turds ring any bells???

going to walk now.

Tracy

I had the same problem last week, went to school part time because sitting in those horrible chairs almost killed me! I had a harder time last week than I did the week of surgery

LOL girls...thank you for the suggestions:cocktail:...cheers!!

BUT WHISKEY!!! OMG I think that'd be another loopy juice for me..I'll have to come up with somethin...Mojito's are good..hmm

Don't think I'd find them in the local!! I'll let you all know..

I don't plan on drinking now again until late May, I have a wedding to go to.

Laura thanks for the link..I'll check it out...by the way I meant to say this ages ago when you first posted your photo...you're such a cutie...gorgeous woman!

BTW...a "langer" is a slang term that means more than one thing but in my context it means a "lush" or basically someone mad for drink!!

:(

:) But I'm not really a langer...I just have the sociable few!! :)

My DH is a Guinness langer though!

Drinking is SUCH a big part of life where I live...it is how we Celebrate, commiserate, welcome & congratulate...pass time, spend time and anything else you can think of !!

my mousepad is driving me nuts

Just wanted to post that today is my first day out of my 3 weeks of liquid hell since getting the band on. Let me tell you, eggs have never tasted so good!

We did measurements yesterday, and while my weight hasn't moved since last Thursday, I have lost (since the surgery) 2 inches in my bust, waist, and arms, 2.5 inches in my thighs, and 3 inches in my hips! I celebrated by buying some new clothes that actually fit me (and don't hang off me like a homess person) for work. :) I went down a size in pants and tops as well, from 24 to 22 (at Old Navy anyway, which is pretty much the only place I shop). My intermediate goal is size 18 by summer... and I'm feeling pretty confident I can do it!

I'm ramping up my exercise a bit now though, to make up for the higher calorie intake now. Instead of 15-20 min on the treadmill and that's it, I did 20 min on the treadmill, 15 min on the bike, and 20 arm dips (go away, fat upper arms). Was feeling pretty good after, too. :)

Was anyone else nervous to switch to regular food? I'm almost afraid to eat because I don't want to PB (I know it will happen eventually though). I'm just eating super slow and chewing the hell out of everything. Though, it's hard to tell when I'm "full", which is a little... frustrating?

Well, I made 2 eggs for lunch today, which i ate yesterday and I couldn't finish them today1 1/2 max was all I could eat, and way too full.

So I guess as I'm hungry, I still have lots of restriction? I get to do my 2 week follow up on Thurs, I'm kind of excited

Oh and wine is my LOONEY juice so that WON'T be happening. I tend to fancy divorce when I get tanked on that. DH does NOT like to see me on the looney juice & neither do I.

I prob sound like a total langer, but It's just that my circle is very social & drinking is something I also need to have a plan for.

THANK YOU!!! (hic):rolleyes:

OH lunasa!!!!!!!!!! my Isopure squirted out my nose when I read this! LOL :D

I would say Crystal Light and Vodka would be band friendly.... :)

Hi! all you SHRINK'N VIOLETS

Anyway, I am halfway to doing what I set out to do today. I weighed in, and have lost 1 pound since last Monday. Better down than up. I worked out for 40 minutes and tried a yoga class, that i couldn't do because bending in the middle won't work for me two weeks post op. I ate one egg and 1/8 cup of cheese and had some coffee this am. Now I'm making a Protein Shake after two bottles of Water.

Hugs to all of you - I just know we can do this!

About the alcohol, I think the crystal light idea Tracy had was a good one.

Go gently!

I used to have an entire page of LowCarb Drinks....... including a recipe to make LC Kalua......... but for the life of me I lost it with my old computer (that was the FIRST time I lost weight on Low Carb and I was still married)

And before kids.............. I used to enjoy my diet dr pepper and rum.

Well back from another mamoth day on the IOW, I overslept and I woke at 6am, I nearly died as I have to leave the house at 06.30 am to get the 08.15 ferry! Anyway, bit naughty but I drove faster than normal and got to the port in an hour (it normally takes 1.45mins!!!) lol, dont think I'll turn the alarm off again and roll back to sleep :P

Launas, thanks for your encouraging words :biggrin1: hey you know you were talking about booze, well I drank white wine last night, and I dont even like it that much, lol, anyway it went down a bit too quickly, lol! I know what you mean about kind of stopping it, its wasted calories, and when I do drink I want to 'pick' at food too, thats the problem!

Kity hows you ?? Hey I've cancelled all my work (bar 2 days) for the next two weeks to cram in for the exam (its on the 14th) so I can have a bit more of a life again, rather than studying at 9pm onwards, lol.

Tracy cool pics Tracy, its weird isnt it, looking at how the band sits around the stomach, hey and I dont think your livers that fatty!!

Terry ok, please please tell us about the exercise challenge for May, cos I would like to join ya if thats ok, is it 3 or 4 times a week or more and is it 30 + mins each time??

Jennifur I sure hope you find a job hon, I'll say a little prayer for you x I bet your angels are lining up a really special one for ya :rolleyes:

Teach aw you lucky thing, you have 2 charms already on your Bracelet, I'm looking forward to getting my first charm. Its funny I wear my links bracelet EVERY DAY!! It reminds me of the journey Im on :)

Kity ....inlaws are just hard work sometimes, especially when your under such a lot of stress and worry. You know, if you can, I'd say to them how you feel about there interferences, I know they are only trying to help and are woried, but they probably dont realise the added stress they are putting on you. I have inlaws.......I only see them x 2 a year :P I guess that tells ya something!! Love and prayers sent to ya :)

Well folks.....I am on the hard stuff now....lol.....food!!! I was silly today I grabbed a pot of cottage cheese & pinapple this am as I flew out the door, anyway I was STARVING when I got home from work as that is all I ate and I resisted temptation at stoping off at a motorway stop for a 'snack' anyway I ate Daves beef casarole, which is yummy, but I ate too quickly and developed another golf ball.....you know I know what a golf ball reminds me off now ...... my cat mog... (ok this is going to sound DISGUSTING) when he coughs up hair balls......sophie said ....mum...'go away'....lol...as I was standing next to her, I'm going to call PBing...doing a 'mog' from now on!! :D

Loves ya all xxxxxxxxxxx

Sara xxxxxxx

As far as the May exercise challenge goes, I think everyone should come up with their own challenge, don't you? I mean, what's challenging for one person might not be at all for another....so just set your own goals and you police yourself! Just post in your signature how you're coming with your goal as the month wears on.

For instance, my goal for May is to work out 5x a week to burn 300+ cals/day. May has 4.5 weeks. So my challenge is 22 sessions of 40+ minutes on the elliptical and to start weights when doc gives me the OK. During April I my goal was 14 sessions of 30+ minutes.