Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

wow! I've got pages and pages of posts to read! Such a busy weekend on here! I also had a busy weekend but I managed to do real good on my food intake. I started on fish and soft veggies on Friday so I've been eating fish for lunch and dinner since then. I'm so sick of fish now!! I can't wait till Friday when I can start on chicken. Since starting mushies two Fridays ago I've hit a plateau. I have only lost one pound. Boo :phanvan . But at least I haven't gained. I do get hungry now but I am limiting my meals to only three times a day. I do still get restriction but I get hungry faster. I'm going to start adding unflavored Unjury powder to my meals when I cook them and see if that helps.

I didn't know that we could drink alcohol once we had the band. I'm glad ya'll said something! :rolleyes:

Incisions are healing nicely. The skin on my stomach is already starting to droop a little. I guess that's a good thing, even though it doesn't look attractive!

Anyone have a problem when they are drinking milk or eating dairy? I noticed that I get phlegmy afterwards. Is that normal...

By the way love love love our new name...

KAT - Please know that I am praying for the fast recovery of your husband.

Hugs and kisses everyone...

So happy to have found this group! I was banded April 19, so Tues is my 2 week mark and start on pureed foods! :clap2:

I'm still wading through all this info, is there a special place where the April bansters can hang out?

Welcome from one michelle731 to another - actually I am DynamoMini in my bandster life!

Well, I hope we are able to forward to everyone on this thread if we change it. Whatever, I just want to be in on it. This is such a lively thread.

About post surgery diets, my doc didn't think I needed to stay on liquids or mushies past the first week, so I am on regular food already and I don't think there is a problem. I wasn't feeling restriction, but today when I controlled my pace and was eating better than yesterday, I was full quickly like on 1/2 salmon patty. Chew....chew....chew..... so different strokes for different folks, whatever.

I added the second ticker to show the last 10 to Onederland.

Anyone want to cross that border with me? It has been a struggle in the past.

Hugs and kisses (I feel smoochie)

Michelle

HELLO EVERYBODY & HAPPY MAYDAY

Today is officially the first day of summer!!! :clap2:

I hope everybody is doing well still...xx

I have decided that my new drink of choice will be a glass of Guinness.

Only occurred to me after branding my DH as a Guinness langer!! LOL

Anyway...

CHICA CHULA...you mentioned you feel phlegmy(spelling?) after milk etc...

Milk does cause mucous...check out that you're not lactose intolerant.

:) :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :girl_hug:

Morning everyone!

Well today is another day - hope the job thing goes better.

to put my 2cents in, My dr is really strict about Clear Liquids, not even full liquids, for 2 full weeks. I just went to mushie food and am eating the same thing over and over only because I cannot waste (I don't have a job remember. LOL) but it is working I've lost 4lbs since I started eating.

I am eating 3 times a day, Sunday I was hungry at night so I had a tbs of refried Beans and it filled me right up. I am having a water bottle inbetween meals so I make sure not to get dehydrated. I don't want to add anything else in until I see my Dr. on Thursday, because he is that strict - but he is fantastic so I can't complain

I am really full when I eat, Sunday I ate 2 eggs and yesterday the thought of finishing them was making me sick, only ate a little more than 1/2. So I guess I still have lots of restriction. I should be able to make my fill appt on Thurs which will be at the 6 week mark, right around June 1.

anyway- enough of me going on- I am so proud of all of us, everyone is doing so fantastic and this is such a great support group. I am so glad I found it!

I'll keep an eye open for the post where we are going to be.

HUGS

Hello violets,

Yesterday, while driving out to the junior college, I was starving...as recently usual. I had an ounce of turkey rolled into a piece of swiss (2 of those, yummy) and I was eating them while I was driving!! This is an old habit behavior from BLB (before lapband). Well, I felt the golf ball for the first time! OOOOOOOO, ouch.

I've read here where people are feeling this, or sliming a bit, and the occasional PB...ALL BEFORE THEIR FILLS. Up until yesterday, I had not felt anything. I can eat just as before, bite size, speed, etc. Although I try to be mindful of my band, and at home I try to practice the band rules for post fill...but I have nothing reminding me that it is there. Until yesterday.

I think it was the speed in which I was eating...on the go...in a rush...hurry hurry hurry. That is how I live. But I learned my lesson. Also eating in the car is now a no no. If I ever do PB or something, I would hate to be doing 50mph while I was doing it.

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MY MANY BAD BEHAVIORS THAT GOT ME TO THIS PLACE!

Have a great day violets...just wanted to share my story!

HI Warped Pegasus.

I was banded 4/24 and am I'm struggling. I can't stick to the clear liquids stage and have already attempted some cottage cheese and cream Soup. But I can also honestly say that I am back to just liquids. I'm hurting after doing that and I think it has sunk in that I'm healing and I don't get to decide when I get to move on to the next phase.

I have my first post-op visit to the doctor tomorrow and I'm so afraid he'll say WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???? and I'll have to fess up. But if he don't ask, I probably won't tell and just go back to being a good girl.

It is sooooo amazing how different every doctor handles everyone. But if you think about it, they have seen your insides; know what took place during the procedure; and know what's best to heal you. So let's both try to stick this out and give our girlish figures their chance to heal. I'm so glad I'm not alone with this problem.

Thanks for sharing that Kity. I had my first PB yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it does teach a lesson.

Eating in the car is a thing of my past. That was one of my worst habits. For me there's really no reason for it other than eating in privacy so that no one can see how much I really eat.

Does anyone else have to loose that part of them?

I could really use some help with that struggle.

Good morning, Shrinkin' Violets!!! Wooo hooo.. we have our new thread name and we don't have to be in two places at once!! What WAS I thinkin'???

Today marks my third week since surgery. I'm still on full liquids for another week. Then comes the scary part. I am so comfortable with what I am eating now, I'm afraid of stalling the process by adding soft foods. BUT, the doc and the nutritionist have been right on so far, so I'll stick to the plans exactly as they have it laid out. I go back in a week to check my progress with them and I'm excited!!! I'm packing up my winter clothes and shipping them off to my daughter's mother in law. She would love the surgery, but doesn't have high enough BMI to qualify and has no comorbidities. One of the lucky/unfortunate ones.

My friend who had the surgery is home and doing much, much better. She's lost 7# since Friday and that just thrilled her to death. She's the one who first told me about lap bands and I owe a big debt of gratitude to her for that!!!

Time to go chow down on my yogurt and Fibersure. White chocolate strawberry is my favorite flavor of yogurt now. Yesterday I tried some sorbet and I thought I died and went to heaven. Only problem is, it's high in carbs and sugars so I only had a couple of teaspoons. Never could have done that before the band. I would have finished the pint and had it dripping down my chin in half an hour flat!!

WELCOME TO MAY!

THANKS TO ALEXANDRA for changing our thread name!

Welcome to all the new posters!

I am definately feeling better today....... boy oh boy was I tired last night after work... We shall see how today goes..

and I have an announcement...........

I FINALLY weigh less than my PRE-OP weight!!!!!! 251.4

Mid Goal is Onederland!

Mini Goal is 220 (I think I will be able to fit into a lot of my old clothes at this weight)

21 lbs for the month of April..... I'm seriously thinking of splurging on a charm bracelett.....

Have a great day!

WELCOME TO MAY!

THANKS TO ALEXANDRA for changing our thread name!

Welcome to all the new posters!

I am definately feeling better today....... boy oh boy was I tired last night after work... We shall see how today goes..

and I have an announcement...........

I FINALLY weigh less than my PRE-OP weight!!!!!! 251.4

Mid Goal is Onederland!

Mini Goal is 220 (I think I will be able to fit into a lot of my old clothes at this weight)

21 lbs for the month of April..... I'm seriously thinking of splurging on a charm bracelett.....

Have a great day!

EXCELLENT TRACY!!! You GO girl!!!

I gotta tell ya, the charm Bracelet is such a neat reminder to me of what I'm accomplishing. Yesterday I added my second angel and I am constantly looking at it and picturing it filled with charms with a big honkin' gold one when I get to goal.

Hope you got a good night's sleep and that today will be less tiring than yesterday!! Onward and downward...:clap2:

Good Afternoon everyone

I was banded on 4/24/07 - not doing too bad - just have to get things moving :)

First day back to work - wasn't too bad - left at 11:00 am - glad i'm only half days this week.

Real glad to see this board - I had a hysterectomy in 2000 and the board hystersisters was an invaluable tool to help me along.

Look forward to chatting with the April bandsters.

Elaine

Do you have a link to that board...my PCP mentioned the possibility of a hysterectomy...I may find out for sure as soon as Thursday...I wanted more children...:think

Hi Brenners!

I would be glad to send you some Gax-X Strips -- just PM me your name and address.

I found Tums helped with the gas and bloating feeling as well.

Have a great day!

Gina

Infant Simethicone drops work just as well...Mylicon is the brand name, but WAYYYY expensive. I always bought the Wal-Mart brand for about $2.50 a bottle. They come in two ounce bottles, but a dose of two droppers full is plenty...that gives (if I remember correctly) about 12 or 14 doses per bottle. I used them when I had my two c-sections because they were in the house and easily accessible.

HI Warped Pegasus.

I was banded 4/24 and am I'm struggling. I can't stick to the clear liquids stage and have already attempted some cottage cheese and cream Soup. But I can also honestly say that I am back to just liquids. I'm hurting after doing that and I think it has sunk in that I'm healing and I don't get to decide when I get to move on to the next phase.

I have my first post-op visit to the doctor tomorrow and I'm so afraid he'll say WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???? and I'll have to fess up. But if he don't ask, I probably won't tell and just go back to being a good girl.

It is sooooo amazing how different every doctor handles everyone. But if you think about it, they have seen your insides; know what took place during the procedure; and know what's best to heal you. So let's both try to stick this out and give our girlish figures their chance to heal. I'm so glad I'm not alone with this problem.

Tammy, thanks for posting. I was beginning to think that I was the only one having problems sticking to my doctor's prescribed diet. I see him on Thurday and hope he isn't angry with me for going to mushies and solids earlier than he prescribed. I haven't had any pain or problems though...so we shall see what he says....

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

eating in the car is now a no no. THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MY MANY BAD BEHAVIORS THAT GOT ME TO THIS PLACE!

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=8 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 458355" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>GonnaBfree</TD><TD class=alt2>Eating in the car is a thing of my past. That was one of my worst habits. For me there's really no reason for it other than eating in privacy so that no one can see how much I really eat.

Does anyone else have to loose that part of them?

I could really use some help with that struggle.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Girls...that too was me BLB (I like that kity)

I use to eat in my car ALL the time. While I was driving I would eat bags of crisps (potato chips) and fries from Mcdonalds...sometimes I would actally have to make the journey a lil bit longer by going round the block so I could finish the bag & then I would inspect myself for crumbs etc before I'd meet whoever was at journeys end!!

I would drive thru Mc Donalds (that's about it as far as drive thru choices go here!!) and get the burgers which I would eat in the car park first.

Somedays now I just want to SPLUUUURGE on everything. But I can't so I haven't & it's SOOOOOOO saving me & helping me to have a band restricting these urges. I feel like I'm getting further & further away from those urges. They are not as improtant when I know they cannot materialise.

Before I use to be utterly compelled to ACT OUT the food fantasies..I was completely driven & devious in my attempts to seek & find not only food but opportunities & places to eat...It was like panic eating.

Then of course it was always in private...my dirty little secret..NOONE KNEW!! So when I would get home, because I had binged unbeknownst to anyone I would proceed to have my usual meals on top of it all....BOTTOMLESS PIT had I!! I couldn't say I was full coz I would be admitting I had eaten already.

I don't know how I didn't make myself sick at times. So... I rapidly went up clothes sizes & weight..took up more space in the bed..in my car..In my life..ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Reminds me of an old joke of the teacher who says to the student... someday kid you're gonna be an astronaut! When the kid says why do you say that? The teacher replies..becuase you're taking up space

I was MAD to think I wouldn't pay for it...but hey, it brought me here, to where I am now, sliding gently back down in size & weight. My self worth repairing and finally believing in my finest self again...and of course it led me to the wonderful resource at my fingertips which is LBT & bandland & all you my fellow sufferers who understand, relate & gather here togther empowering our selves & one another.

How could I not be grateful now, that at the end of a long & winding dark road that I can see my light & am drawn to it with you my friends!!

Only Six weeks ago I would not have thought my mood would start to lift so wonderfully & so quickly..and that I would be so conscious of it...

Ramble I do...but I love the loving thoughts!

A true friend is someone who sees right through you & still enjoys the view!!