Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Congrats Tracy!!! So now that April is almost over we have had no problems as a group? I did read that someone had a slight port infection, that is amazing.

Did everyone have their band placed empty? If so when if your first fill? Mine is the 15th of May which so happens to be my first day back at work!!

Jane

My fill appt is May 15th also.

Did everyone have their band placed empty? If so when if your first fill?

Hi, Jane!

I am guessing that my band was placed empty. I never thought about that before.

My doc said that as long as I lose 1-2 pounds per week, then he would like to not do a fill for 90 days (that's July!) to avoid possible infection in the port site. But, if weight loss goes below that mark, then he'll gladly do a fill.

I am going to do my best to loose on my own... but I won't starve. That's why I got this band, right??!??!

And it is amazing that everyone so far has done so well, only minor complications!!! This is a good sign for those not yet banded this month!!!

[quote name='Kat817;455424

Jenn--they put Kinsey (my granddaughter) on steroids for 2 days too---waiting to hear how she is. Mine had it on occasion' date=' but not real often. Son used to have to walk him around outside in the COLD air. DD, the steam worked best. Go figure!!! Hugs to your son![/b']

Kat

Kat

2 days is not bad but enough to wind her up as I'm sure you know... I'm smiling because we just got off a round of them and I go nuts trying to control my crazy 3 year old ...

We missed you, Tracy!!! WELCOME BACK!! Can you believe it? After ALL that anticipation, you're finally DONE!!! :lol: ....well, sorta. Now you have a bit of post-op stuff to deal with but maybe you'll be like Teachlady and sail right through!! I'm happy for you! Ditto what others have said....since you're going back to work so quickly, you'll definitely want to get as much rest as possible. You'll be glad you did!

PS - my first fill is May 4th (a week from today!). Am I the first one??

And don't forget about me... the rogue "April" bander who's not getting banded 'til May 29! :lol:

I know there's a May bander group, and I did go over & check them out & while they do seem like nice enough folks... I really feel like I know & luv all of you... your pain is my pain... your victories mine... and so I'm going to stay put here w/my "big-sis banders" to live, laugh, and learn with... K? Thank you!

Welcome home Tracy! So nice to have you back!

Terry is right, rest. I think for the most part I felt so good I over did it. I refused pain meds in the hospital too. Anyway - so nice to have you back.

Pillows would be good at the movies, I wish I would have brought one to class, those chairs are horrible and did me in.. LOL

And don't forget about me... the rogue "April" bander who's not getting banded 'til May 29! :lol:

I know there's a May bander group, and I did go over & check them out & while they do seem like nice enough folks... I really feel like I know & luv all of you... your pain is my pain... your victories mine... and so I'm going to stay put here w/my "big-sis banders" to live, laugh, and learn with... K? Thank you!

We would love to have you stay with us, you have been with us for so long!

Tracy- Again, welcome back! You were missed, and we all waited to hear from you. I was gonna go to the movies the day after I got home, but my tummy was making LOUD noises, and I was embarrassed. I rented some and took naps during. Anyway, welcome to bandland!

We are all almost done! Michelle, is our May flower, and is always welcome here. What an amazing month April has been for us all. Did we ever come up w/ a name???? I like the SHRINKING VIOLETS!!!

Terri- I had no idea you were getting your first fill next week! I am excited to hear about that! I get filled May 30th:(. It seems so far away. But I guess that is okay, at least I will be only working one job, since the college dismisses for summer the 20th!!!

I went yesteday and I do have a little infection at the port incision. It is more of a pain in the butt, than anything else. I have to remember to take it easy, not lift anything, be careful during sex (I told him about my story), and I will be fine.

Anyone heard from Sara??? I know she had a busy week. WHERE ARE YOU, WE MISS YOU.

May should be a great month for us, w/ so many changes to look forward to.

Tracy- tell us when you post the pix!!

Oh yeah, some of us identify where in the world we are in our signature. I am in Southern California. I would like to know where everyone is from. I know Sara is from across the pond, and I think Lunasa is from Autrailia. If you want to play along...

Have a great day!

Is there room for one more May-Flower? I read this thread every day, sometimes ALL day and I feel at home here even though I rarely post. I did try the May thread, but there seems to be something lacking there for me....I promise I will behave, and I am potty-trained!! LOL

TRACY!!! I'm glad to see you feeling so good so soon after surgery...you're my inspiration!! Thanks for taking the time to post...we have all been worried about you!! Take it easy and get some rest!!

*HUGS*

(BTW...I'm in Kansas City KS...and we have a Fuddruckers too!!

I just took off my bandages and took a hot shower...OMG it felt SO good...although my tummy is still bright yellow from the Betadine! LOL

I have a 'follow up' appointment on May 9th. He didn't mention being filled. He said he likes to wait 6 weeks, as early as 4 weeks if I'm really up for it. I'm hoping to convince him to fill me on May 9th, so I don't have to drive back down there a week later. So far he's been very accomodating since I'm an out of towner.. re: giving me steri-strips instead of staples.. he said he normally uses staples to avoid risks of fatty tissue popping open.. he said it would depend on how my fat/skin did when they closed me up. I was glad to see he was able to use the steristrips..I took them off yesterday and started neosporin-ing. I will post pics tonight probably on the scar page. 2 of them, look like bug bites, can hardly tell it was anything.. the bottom left one, i ripped the band aid off and it ripped a chunk of skin off.. gah.. so that burned and has left a bad welt.. then the other 2 small incisions have scabs on them, so they're noticable.. and the port incisions, I put band-aids back over it.. looks so delicate I'm paranoid it will rip open at the slightest move. It's not discolored at all, just looks like someone drew a line on my stomach.

I'm in Maryland... no Fudruckers here, but I think there are some nearby in Virginia. Personally, I'm glad they're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there! :lol:

MEW -- what is your date? I'm May 29. 31 days to go.

I've started the pre-op diet and am doing really well following it (ok, slight snafu last night but NOTHING, NOTHING like what it would've, could've been if I'd not been working so hard on this!). I'm drinking an Atkins shake for Breakfast, eating something lc/sensible for lunch (usually chicken or tuna, today I splurged & had a left-over Nutrisystem meal that fit into the nutritional guidelines of my nutritionist), then I "test-drive" one of the Protein pack items I ordered for a mid-afternoon snack (the part of the day where I usually cave in on all previous diets) (yesterday I mixed a pack of unflavored Unjury Protein Powder into 60-cal pudding... mmmmmmm; today I made a low-carb chai tea latte with 8 oz of micellar(sp?) milk, you get the picture), then another Atkins shake for dinner, a sugar free popsicle for dessert (reward!), and at least 64 oz of h20 a day. Phew! Hope that's not TMI! LOL! I'm being so strict because I meet w/my surgeon in 1.5 weeks and I want to be DOWN in weight... I was 317 when I last saw him in Feb and I'd love to be down at least 10... then I'll have one week where I *could* (the old me definitely WOULD) look at it as a "anything goes" or a "farewell to food" tour week, but am DETERMINED to keep to this lc plan... then it's 2 weeks of liquids leading up to surgery day. My private dream goal is to be at least 299 (295 would be even better) on surgery day. But I realize that may be a bit overly ambitious. But a girl can dream, right?? Any amount LOWER will be amazing!

Wow, I sure am going on and on... what's up with that? I guess it's just that I'm excited and you guys are the only ones I can really go on & on about it with... I know you understand & have been where I am... people in RL often don't get it, ya know?

Well, the weekend is almost here and I must get going... have a great weekend, everyone!!!