Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Funny that you all mention people making negative comments about WLS...I used to be one of those people....

I guess it was probably that I envied them more than anything...that I knew (or thought) that my family wouldn't support my decision to have it myself. I didn't know if my insurance company would cover it...or whatever the reason, I was just jealous that they would be losing weight and I wasn't.

Then there was the fear of surgery itself...I guess that I was afraid AND jealous lol....

Finally I said to heck with it...I'm going to look into it myself and see what it's all about. Simply put, I educated myself.

Now I realize that WLS is NOT the easy way out at all...yet a tool to help where I've failed before. Just because I'm having the band does not mean that I'll lose (yes it does because I'm going to work hard!), and I can always gain it back if I stop working at it. My thought process is not that I'm dieting, yet that I'm eating healthier, becoming healthier.

I've told everyone that I know about my plans to have this surgery. I don't give a hoot what they say...they don't live my life, they don't look in the mirror and see what I see. In fact they probably aren't happy with their weight either! They may be scared or envious too!

Anyway, that's my honesty for the day. :clap2:

Denise

good for you! I wish i could have the nerve to tell my dad - I don't know why i'm so worried, but i worry about telling him anything I do. He still does not know that I have a motorcycle (or so i think) and I've had it for 2 years... I AM 36 YEARS OLD. WHY AM I SO AFRAID?

Anyway- I am anxiously waiting for my approval which i should have any day - they say they have 2 weeks and that is up on Tuesday. Bu no denial phone call so that is good. My surgeon set up his guidelines based on my insurance company so it is just a waiting game. STRESS

Happy Sunday and MUMS day!!!

I actually looked at EXERCISE equipment today!!! I even got on two machines at the store. 1. Gazelle 2. Some kind of Eliptical... ME ON A MACHINE! Will wonders ever cease! My real problem is finding somewhere in the house to put it and USING IT.. dbf is skeptical about it.. he says I won't use it... I SWEAR THE MAN STILL DOES NOT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!! but I digress.

Dreams .. well I've been having juicy dreams.... :welldoneclap: sometimes I just wish I could "dream" all day!!! LOL

Hi everyone!!

I'm in a dilema and need some advice. I have surgery on April 2nd. I have to lose 25 lbs (or close to it) or the Doc won't do the surgery. I have tried and tried. I have exercised. I have been doing the diet he suggested. I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs about 3 times. It's making me crazy. If I can't have the surgery now I might not have insurance for it later (long drawn out disablility story). And I am pumped for LBS and don't want to wait any longer.

I have been exercising 5 times a week 30 minutes

the diet he suggested is a Protein dring for Breakfast, 3 slim fasts a day and all the veggies I want for lunch and dinner. I was back up 2 1/2 lbs this morning. I hardly ate anything at all yesterday.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Hi everyone!!

I'm in a dilema and need some advice. I have surgery on April 2nd. I have to lose 25 lbs (or close to it) or the Doc won't do the surgery. I have tried and tried. I have exercised. I have been doing the diet he suggested. I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs about 3 times. It's making me crazy. If I can't have the surgery now I might not have insurance for it later (long drawn out disablility story). And I am pumped for LBS and don't want to wait any longer.

I have been exercising 5 times a week 30 minutes

the diet he suggested is a Protein dring for breakfast, 3 slim fasts a day and all the veggies I want for lunch and dinner. I was back up 2 1/2 lbs this morning. I hardly ate anything at all yesterday.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks as a pre req to even meet my Dr. I use to go to LA Weightloss before the expensive drink came out and there is what they did for 3 days

unlimited grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, no salt

unlimited fresh green vegies, celery, lettuce, cucumbers -

3 small/med oranges a day

make sure to drink Water

it works! but you need to watch what you put on stuff, shouldn't use sauces for chicken - i make my own dressing very small amt of olive oil and balsamic vinegar with some spices. I did make some dip for my fresh veggies but limited to 2tbs a day. reduced fat sour cream garlic powder and dill... lots of dill.

I have to admit the first couple of days I was starving and was cranky. I was eating 3 large pcs of chicken plus the veggies and oranges. I now have 2 small pcs of chicken a day. I am amazed at the difference in the amounts of food I can eat. For the first 3 weeks - I did this 6 days a week and on Saturday I would make something that I really wanted. The first week I made homemade sauce and eggplant parm. IT WAS SO GOOD!

I am now down 28lbs and have kept it off. Actually as I think about it. It was January 8th when I started and got my clearance on 26th. So I lost 20lbs that quick

Ok, I was NOT kidding when I said I was having strange dreams. Last night I dreamed about two HUGE frogs (like the kind you fry up :hungry: ) chasing each other around....then one stops to take a pee break....right on my bananas. :eek:

Do ya'll think I need psychiatric care?

:frog: :Banane30: I think you might need psychiatric care but, only if you ate the bananas! :der:

I'm starting my pre-op diet tomarrow and have been having.....well, some issues too! with just two weeks to go who wouldn't....right?

And like you I'll stay away from that tea...just in case.

We just need to focus, focus, fo.......................focus-lost me there for a minute. :nervous I'm having a little pre-op anxiety.

Jenn -- You've given lots of good reasons for NOT telling your dad. But why DO you want to tell him? Is it important to you? Just wonderin' (read: just being nosey). :eek:

Mazie! You're FUNNY. I'm so glad you're here!!

Ok, so give it up. What issues?

Yikes....are you gonna be the first one of us?? Who else is on 4/2?? Wait...we have the list somewhere....

CJulzGO - 04/02

Sara Mos - 04/02<O:p></O:p>

Maziemommy – 04/02

Adumont75 - 04/02

Darla - 04/02 (mother to Panda)

Panda - 04/02 (daughter to Darla)

Kity - 04/03<O:p></O:p>

Jennifer – 04/03

TerriDoodle - 04/04

BandedMe - 04/05<O:p></O:p>

OnlyMe – 04/05

ShineOn - 04/06

Heather228 - 04/06

Chica Chula - 04/09<O:p></O:p>

Day3447 – 04/09

Keluliana - 04/10

Bwaydiva - 04/11

StaceyLynn - 04/12<O:p></O:p>

Maggiec 38 – 04/13

Jennifur - 04/16

Flax - 04/26

TracyinKS -04/26

Terry - that is ok

I want to tell him because we are close and I guess in a strange way I might be looking for his approval.

But I guess it is because as of right now, I am going to be in the hospital by myself and I know he would be there. My friend is going to bring me but I don't expect her to stay, and my bf is going to have my kids for me and that is great support. dbf works 2nd shift so he can't, he is just returning to work after his motorcycle accident on Tuesday so taking time off after 6 months off can't happen.

Does that make any sense. I guess I'm nervous and kind of scared and would just like my dad to know what is going on "just in case"

I was on reading some post from the march 07 banders:clap2: who are freshly done. It is kind of interesting and made me feel a bit better.

You gals should check some out

Funny you say that, I was just over at the Feb. 07 Bandsters!! They're all doing really well but some are having trouble with being hungry (before their first fill, etc.). It is so cool how we can hop around and see how folks are doing 1, 2, 3+ months post op. Very informative.

What's really crazy to me is to hear people say, "I've only lost 26 pounds since my surgery 5 weeks ago".... :eek: ....Did they say "ONLY"??? I would be dancing a jig!!!

I'm starting my preop diet tomorrow! with me luck. anyone having surgery on the 2nd or having surgery with Dr. Ortiz?

Good luck to all of you starting your preop diet tomorrow!

Goodnight

I'm so glad my dr doesn't require any amount of weight lost prior to the surgery! I'd never make it! When I read that (and I do read it quite frequently, it seems like a lot of docs require it) it makes me CrAzY!... like "Uh, duh... if I could lose the weight w/out the band I wouldn't be coming to you for the band!" :faint: I don't know what to tell you, other than some short-term, drastic measure to get you onto the table! liquid hi-prot shakes? Min food? Ex more??? I feel for you & wish I had an answer. Sorry.

pre-op weight loss--

did you know that slimfasts have alot of calories, fat, and tons of carbs....I would suggest if you can take it, go with low carb slimfasts!!!!they will help you loss it better than regular or opti. slimfast!!!!! I personally like reg/opti. slimfast, it's like a better for you milk shake to me!! But, has really done little for weight loss!

Veggies you say....I hope they are not yellow, white, or peas!! Generally speaking those have lots of carbs too.....no help on quick weightloss!!!

Terry--

I'm probly going to be close to the first just because my doc. wants to push me in before his previously scheduled patients on Monday 4-2-07! I was gonna' be in March but he's gone the last week, so I'm an April girl....My birthday is 4-9 so I've always been an April girl!!!!!!

Two week diet--

give it hell all!!!!! DH being his "supportive self" made Breakfast for our family on Saturday........Chocolate cake and whole milk for all three of us!!!! Or should I say a whole cake and whole milk!!! How's that for being there for me!!

Well up to this point it has been a very positive experience--BUT, here comes the hard part of adjusting to a new life! I'm expecting to try and be positive thruogh out, however, with sacrifice, starvation, discomfort, and pain staring me down, I'm starting to feel.... alittle different/anxiety maybe? Today I feel like I've been beaten with a bat and caught the flu aswell! I think it my be in my head!

GOOD LUCK APRIL BANDERS!!!! I WILL TRY TO BE SUPPORTIVE AND HELPFUL EVEN ON MY WORST DAYS...JUST KEEP IN MIND SOME OF MY DAYS MAY BE BETTER THAN OTHERS!!! My thoughts and prayers will be with you all weather I post it or not!!!!!

Jennifur -

Question - will doing this diet that you outlined below get weight off in just 2 weeks? My surgery is 4/5/07 and I have a pre-op consult with my dr on 3/28/07. I've lost just 6 pounds since 1/17/07 and MUST GET SERIOUS about it FAST! My doc didn't say how much to lose before surgery, just that it was "recommended that I lose some." What the heck does that mean?! I do know, however, that he WILL NOT do the surgery if someone GAINS weight!

I'm freaking! What if the docs scale weights heavier than mine at home?! I was just at my ob/gyn for a physical last week and was 256 (my band docs scale weighed me at 262 on 1/17/07).....but I know all scales weigh differently!!!!

I'm thinking that I will definitely take my shoes OFF when I get weighed for the pre-op appt!!!!!

NEED HELP and ADVICE!!!!

I am really NOT much of a breakfast eater, but can do a strawberry la creme yogurt. The thought of a chicken breast in the morning.....ugh! (ick!) Is that that time to have an orange?

I'm not crazy about oranges either - BUT WILL DO WHATEVER it takes for the next 2 weeks to "get it done!!!"

Thanks ladies!

Bandedme (4/5/07)

unlimited grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, no salt

unlimited fresh green vegies, celery, lettuce, cucumbers -

3 small/med oranges a day

make sure to drink Water