Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

WELCOME MARGI!! :welcomeB:

Thanks to everyone for the support...I do appreciate it. I dunno what's going on or what's gonna happen. It's pretty dreary around here. Oh well.

I spent the day with my mom and we had a great time. She's been disabled in the last 6 months or so but she wanted to get out of the house. She can't walk very far AT ALL, so I suggested we go goof around at Walmart and she can ride the electric buggy thing. IT WAS HILARIOUS since she's never ridden one before and it was Saturday at Walmart (need I say more?).... we laughed so hard and it was so good to see my 'old' mom back again. Then we went back to her place after lunch and cleaned out her closet...LOL...so many of my 'skinny' clothes were in there that I had outgrown. (My mom has always been 5'8" and 140#....obviously I did not get her genes!!) But I pitched them anyway....I've got plans for ALL NEW clothes. Man, I wonder how many thousands of dollars in clothes I've bought & thrown away in the last 6 years?? Now, I'm an executive sec'y, so when I buy clothes they have to be fairly nice ones...and lots of them!! UGH. Here's a recent weight history to give you an idea:

2000 160 (dating, going out and eating up a storm)

2001 170 (got married to DH #2 -- still eating!)

2002 182 (threw away all my skinny clothes :tired )

2003 156 (lost weight and threw away ALL my fat clothes :rolleyes )

2004 185 (need new fat clothes)

2005 200 (need bigger fat clothes)

2006 215 (need even bigger fat clothes)

Like I said.....thousands and thousands of $$$$. Aaaaackkkk!!! So here I am again....looking at buying and throwing out more and more clothes. Hopefully these new ones will last a while. :nervous We defiinitely need a clothing exchange going on!! I'm in 18W's & 2X now.....who wants 'em when I start pitching?

bwaydiva --That's a dancing LLAMA I'll have you know!! :biggrin1: I can't even begin to describe my dreams....they're either too weird or just too sick. But I can tell you there's a lot of fat people in them!!

18 days 'til surgery! AAAck! That's just 2-1/2 weeks! We're getting so close!!!

I got very discouraged because my doctor was to busy to get me in. I kept positive by day dreaming how good I am going to look by Christmas 2007. It was easier thinking of a long term goal. You are going to be so happy once it is done. Yeah for you.

Hello all... I'm Tracy and I'm starting this thread because I just found out that I'm scheduled for Surgery on April 26, 2007.

Now, this is NOT what I wanted... I thought I would for SURE be a March Bandster and hoped for February, but I'm taking the news with stride and picking myself up and dealing with it......

SO... what I've decided to do is get a head start on Spring (and my surgery date) Setting a goal to lose 25 lbs before April 26th. I have to do this because otherwise my "farewell to food tour" will have be tipping the scales in the wrong direction..

SO... any other April Bandsters out there let me know and I will add you to the list! But EVERYONE is welcome to post.... :)

HEAD START TO SPRING!

some where -some one has a link to an up and coming clothing exchange! It seemed geered toward clothes outgrown by banders! Offer up what you have and get points to purchase others with, or something like that! I'll try to find it.

WELCOME MARGI!! :welcomeB:

Thanks to everyone for the support...I do appreciate it. I dunno what's going on or what's gonna happen. It's pretty dreary around here. Oh well.

..................Then we went back to her place after lunch and cleaned out her closet...LOL...so many of my 'skinny' clothes were in there that I had outgrown. (My mom has always been 5'8" and 140#....obviously I did not get her genes!!) But I pitched them anyway....I've got plans for ALL NEW clothes. Man, I wonder how many thousands of dollars in clothes I've bought & thrown away in the last 6 years?? Now, I'm an executive sec'y, so when I buy clothes they have to be fairly nice ones...and lots of them!! UGH. Here's a recent weight history to give you an idea:

2000 160 (dating, going out and eating up a storm)

2001 170 (got married to DH #2 -- still eating!)

2002 182 (threw away all my skinny clothes :tired )

2003 156 (lost weight and threw away ALL my fat clothes :rolleyes )

2004 185 (need new fat clothes)

2005 200 (need bigger fat clothes)

2006 215 (need even bigger fat clothes)

Like I said.....thousands and thousands of $$$$. Aaaaackkkk!!! So here I am again....looking at buying and throwing out more and more clothes. Hopefully these new ones will last a while. :nervous We defiinitely need a clothing exchange going on!! I'm in 18W's & 2X now.....who wants 'em when I start pitching?.......................................................

18 days 'til surgery! AAAck! That's just 2-1/2 weeks! We're getting so close!!!

OK. FOUND IT QUICK!!!! sizexchange.com Becky@ can give you information on (soon to be) clothes exchange. Save those "fat" clothes for us biggens' as we get smaller!!!!:)

that is great to know, Thanks for the info on the sizexchange

Ok, I was NOT kidding when I said I was having strange dreams. Last night I dreamed about two HUGE frogs (like the kind you fry up :hungry: ) chasing each other around....then one stops to take a pee break....right on my bananas. :)

Do ya'll think I need psychiatric care?

That is too funny - I didn't get much sleep last night - when I made my "special" tea I didn't realize there was 2 bags stuck together so I was up with horrible stomach cramps most of the night! The things we do...right?

What kind of tea was that??

(note to self: stay away from Jenn's "special" tea.)

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY & EXCITED!!!!!!! :)

Just booked our family holiday on-line, were going to Mexico on 29th June all inclusive for 2 weeks, I am soo happy, its given me something really lovely to look forward too and aim for after my op in 2 weeks!!!!

It looks gorgeous there, hot, pretty and loads of activities for Sophies etc (shes a board teenager!)

I've been lucky, havent had any bad dreams so to speak off;

Its mothers day here today in the UK, so far Ive had flowers and smellies from the kids, cooking my mum, dad, and brother a beef dinner tonight....

Terry - it was a detox tea. I use to get it from LA Weightloss when I went there but got some from a nutritional store. I guess I need to pay attention when I make it. LOL

Sara - Happy Mothers Day! That is exciting about your trip. I am going away before my surgery, which is why I am waiting until April and can't wait!

I am so excited myself, I was up and down 5lbs for the last 2 weeks and it is finally gone + 2 more lbs. I have even been trying to adjust while eating out, I guess it is working.

Hi Jennifur!

Oooooo I hope you have a lovely holiday too, its so exciting going away!!! & Congratulatons on losing another 2lbs, thats brilliant :)

I hope i'll be down a couple of stone by then, I just phoned my mum to tell her, and she said you will be sara! Its a 13+hr flight a long one, but I sure hope I can get the flight table down in front of me by then too! I wont be slim-slim by then, but I'm hoping I'll be 32+lbs down by then! :)

Hi---just glancing through seeing how all of you are holding up during the stressful "final moments"!!!!!

Wanted to say to you Terri---do not use gall bladder surgery as a cover for your surgery. There are HUGE numbers of us who loseour gallbladders in the first 3 years following banding. They are not sure why! In past threads, something female, is usually enough info for people---claiming a D&C, or fibroid issues. Men will not ask another single question, and if you have to have anything else done, repeat issues with female problems are not uncommon. However start the story now!!! Begin having problems, before you just disappear!!!

I'm sorry I spaced on the posters name---but they stated they were not going to think about life in a years time, they will begin their new life on April 16th----yes you will!!! The changes will be coming right and left, your body just morphs!!! Wierd things caught me off guard. I wanted to lose weight so badly, but the first place I truly noticed it---my wedding rings no longer fit! I miss them still. When I hit my goal, or where I decide I want to stay then I will have them resized---but I have gone from wearing a size 10 ring to an 8 being loose, so likely a 7 1/2 at this point. Once I adjusted to not having them I was just disgruntled---I want my belly gone---no one but me will realize my hands are losing weight!!! It will come---but everything changes---your feet, your bra size keeps you busy!!! It is definitely the beginning of change!!!

One I look forward to each of you experiencing!!

Kat

Happy Sunday!~~

Well, my evil plan worked yesterday, so I made it out of our driveway (it goes straight up & down a big hill, very scary in snow) and to my psych consult. I didn't know what to expect, as I'd read a lot of folks had to answer 100s of questions, etc... but we just talked for 2 hours... I could've kept going! ha ha... she was nice... YOUNG... and at the end of it she said I was the "most normal" person she'd met in a long time! HA! So there we have it... I figure by the end of this week the surgeon's office will have everything it needs to submit for insurance approval & I'm hoping to be approved & get my date by the end of this month. I'm thinking I may have to move to being a May club girl... hope not, I like you bunch!

Enjoy the day!

~~Michelle

I haven't gotten my official surgery date yet, however I'm hoping that it will be April!!! I just got a call from my insurance company on Friday, well the Nurse Case Manager that they assigned me to to take the entire journey with me, she told me that I was approved for the lapband and that she's always there for questions, concerns, fears, etc. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to call my doctor's office to see if they actually received the approval yet and how soon I can be scheduled!!! I'm SO excited!!!!

sealuh1.gif

Denise

Awaiting surgery date! Hoping to be an April bandster!!

260/260/140?

I have decided to NOT tell anyone in my family. Only my hubby knows. There aer people in my family with weight issues, but no one like me.

And almost everyone in my family, at one time or another over the years, has made a negative comment about WLS: easy way out; they'll eventually gain it all back; they must have no self-control; it's sad; lots of people die after that kind of surgery; and then whispering when they see someone who had it done. No thanks.

I just can't stand the thought of hearing everyone's "opinions" or trying to scare me into changing my mind- and then, even worse, having everyone watch everything I eat for the rest of my life.

But I do feel alone. Because I have decided not to tell family, I have also decided to not tell any friends, so that I don't have to keep up with who knows which story. Even though hubby is very supportive, I do feel like I need to talk about this with someone.

I sure am glad I found this board!!!!

Only my DH knows too. I am worried about "covering" on Easter Sunday, five days post banding, but think I'll beg off with a case of the stomach flu. :nervous I'm having the procedure done during my Spring Break and I doubt if anyone in my building will notice what I eat for lunch since I usually eat with my class in my classroom....

OkTwigs --who's cleaning out her pantry and getting rid of naughty foods!