Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Bwa Ha Ha, Tracy... what a lovely mental picture you've given us! :(

Bway Diva, you sound like the opposite of me... I can follow an eating plan but I hate to exercise! And yet here we are in the same boat... guess we'll have to do BOTH to succeed (drat it all!) (jk! :) )

As far as worrying about the eating goes... I seem to really be thinking about/focusing on the fact that with the band, I won't physically be ABLE to eat the VOLUME that I do now to achieve fullness. I completely agree w/ the 80% hungry all the time example.... if I "diet" now, I'm starving, thus, I'm destined to failure. With the band, however, overeating simply won't be an option! I LOVE that! When I eat a "normal" portion of whatever... that will be it! It's like the band is making me "normal" again in this area. And honestly, I cannot remember a time when I ate like a "normal" person. I am also hopeful that my healthier eating habits will trickle down to the family, as well, as far as food choices & portion sizes. Besides my health, one of my major reasons for pursuing the band is to set a better example for my children & to have them learn now what it's taken me a lifetime to learn. I pray that they never have weight issues. My son is very athletic & "normal" sized... my daughter (8yo) is starting to pudge up & will graze on crap all day if not monitored... she actually cries when I tell her that it's a piece of fruit or nothing... or when I stop her. That scares me.

Well, that was certainly a run-on paragraph! Hope you get the drift!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bwa Ha Ha, Tracy... what a lovely mental picture you've given us! :)

LOL!!!!!!! Well... I would love it if I was like my friend that just got a Tummy Tuck and boob lift.......... she's calling herself SPONGEBOB SQUARE BOOBS!............... :(

I am sooooooooooooooooooo ready to blow this popsicle stand for the day...

:cry ummmmmmmmmmmmm popsicles, sounds swell....

I WILL BE BANDED by now!!!!!!!

My surgery is at 7:30 a.m. and I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 a.m.

How's everyone today?

Hiya Tracy :)

Well 6 weeks will fly by!! Only seems like yesterday we were all discussing being banded in February......

Gawdddd mines 2 weeks on Monday......I cant seem to focus on work :) Im working from home today...and Im focusing on anything else but work...LOL

I cant wait to have a second chance of being the 'real me' Im actually considering changing a whole lot more in my life re work etc...I wonder if being banded is the first step of a whole lot of changes for a lot of us??

Have a great day!!

Sara x

Good morning~~

Yes, Sara, I definitely think that being banded will be the first in a series of improvements/changes in my life. I think the confidence that this change will bring will carry over into all areas of my life. When I think about it, I get so excited!

I like what you said, "I can't wait to have a second chance to be the real me" -- that's how I feel now!

New goal for myself... I'd like to lose (at least) 18 lbs before surgery... which would make me 299 (or less)... as far as weighing goes, I'm trying not to do it every day (ha!) but I am going to use the doctor's scale/numbers as my "official" numbers... so for now (& until I'm not going there regularly any more) I'll only change my ticker-thingie after office visits there... which means it won't change as often, but I hope it each change will be significant! (I'm hoping this plan will keep me from the daily/weekly "up 1/down 1, happy/sad" scale crazies!)

Have a great day, everyone!

I love this group. I have been MIA for a few days on my emotional roller coaster, but on a happy note, had another head dr appt today and we both agree, that working out my self confidence issues and getting them out in the open before surgery will help me be stronger for surgery and after. You can be beautiful on the outside and still insecure on the inside.

So feeling a bit better today, but still have a long road. I've been up and down 5lbs for 2 weeks now, so i'm getting focused. I don't have a pre op diet, except for liquid only 24 hrs prior to. I still don't have insurance approval, I should have it no later than next Tuesday. Going for pre-op appts next week and surgery is less than a month! I am getting so excited, but it is a roller coaster.

ok.. so I spent some time over on the plastic surgery board!!!

OMG.......... those changes look like they HURT!!!!!!!!!!!

ok.. so I spent some time over on the plastic surgery board!!!

OMG.......... those changes look like they HURT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but I canNOT imagine going thru a tummy tuck!!....or whatever! But then again, I'm not there yet. I suppose it's possible....with enough morphine! :success1:

hey april bandsters!

My surgery got moved from march 26 to april 2 so that means another week of the pro op diet for me.. just wanted to wish everyone good luck on their up coming surgery.

I am having my surgery with Dr. Ortiz is anyone else out there having surgery with him as well?

Oh now I need to look - I am going to do lots of sit ups and hope that I won't be too bad. I got my belly flat before i can do it again right?

slow and steady!

i just wanted to thank you all again, knowing I am not alone in my feelings has helped so much, I actually finally stopped crying !

you are all the best

FREAKING OUT...20 DYAS TO GO! Holy Crap, now what have I gotten myself into. (That is one part of me...the other part says) YEAH!!! 20 TO GO! WHOO HOO!

Basically I am up and down. I had parent/teacher conferences today (with a low turn out) and spent about 5 hours on here (15 min to go!). Nothing fits. I think if I can just lose about 10-15, I'd have a new wardrobe of clothes that I haven't seen in a while. I went to Avenue this week and bought 2 pairs of crop pants (it is 96 degrees here, but should be in the 80's next week) and 3 shirts, even though my closet is busting...but nothing fits. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I loved Kat's idea. Somehow we should start a BBW used clothing shop w/ all of the clothes we won't be able to fit into. Anyway...LOVE YOU ALL. This is a great site. I responded to a thread today and shared something that I have never told anyone. It is safe here. COUNT DOWN IS ON!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kity

I am so there with you I am having lots of ups and downs and 1 month from today. I was looking for a place to post a thread on that a while ago because a friend I met at a local support group is getting a bunch of my clothes as we shrink.

So how about all my clothes from the last 2 summers were me at 278 and now i'm down 26lbs pre surgery and about 2 sizes, so... I am going to the beach with pants and shorts that are falling down or way too small, I don't have anything in the middle and refuse to buy, because this summer I will either be in the stuff in my closet or will be able to justify buying a few pr of shorts in a couple of months.

I am scared to death and so excited at the same time... it is so confusing

"Hi Sheila,

I have spent all night reviewing the lap band surgery and cannot

support this decision. I cannot find longterm data suggesting that

this is safe and effective. Furthermore, the reoperation rate

appears to be about one in five. I was not impressed with the Fresno

doctor's website. At this point I do not believe that this approach

is in your best interest and I think scheduling this procedure in

Fresno is a very serious mistake.

Mom"

To say that I'm hurt is an understatement. Is anyone else having problems with their family? My surgery is scheduled for April 11th at 7:30 and I WILL be sucessful. I'm on sabbatical from school to lose weight and get bulimia off the list of coping mechanisms. Well I've worked my arse off these past 9 months and I'm done with bulimia. But I'm still obese and I've been fighting my weight since I was 9. I've been hiding food since I was six! Hiding food from my mom. She's a nutritionist/dietician so you'd think she'd realize that it is harder to lose weight when you're obese. It's just hard. I'm ready for this journey. I'm ready to work my band.

I don't know what I would do without you guys. My eating has been all over the place and emotionally.. well I'm so grateful for a place to rant. I'm sorry for not being around this board much except to complain and vent. I promise... this is normally so unlike me. I promise I'll be back to normal supportive Sheila very soon. Thanks for reading.

Sheila...

Welcome to being an adult! Where you receive an OPINION on an issue from your mother (or another adult), and you consider it, and do your own research, and weigh the pros & cons of it, and come to your own conculsions/make your own decision. And if/when that decision is different from hers... guess what?? The world does not come to an end!

Sometimes "adults" never reach that stage in their development! They can't handle disappointing "mommy"... they never truly grow into their own, fully functional person.

So Celebrate, girl! :) Thank your mother for her OPINION (she's your mom & she loves you & she's worried for you but it's still her opinion), explain that you've also done a lot of research and that your decision is to have the procedure, and that if she can't be supportive of you, then to just not say anything.

*Then* once you've got the band, you've got to PROVE HER WRONG! :(

HOWEVER... should something go awry, or should for whatever reason the band not work for you or whatever... THAT'S OK because you have chosen a reasonable, adjustable, removable tool vs. having all your insides sliced & diced & re-organized!

((hugs))